Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2019, 06:33 AM   #105
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Browning had a great outing against WMU! Not bad for the old man. I’m looking forward to snow games in my Illinois dynasty as I’m entering the last few weeks of the regular season myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #106
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

Such a great win to get the recruits thinking a little more about committing to Niagara! And coach Nonek is absolutely right in keeping the focus forward. Northern Illinois is going to be a chore!
Old 11-06-2019, 08:45 AM   #107
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
I really love snow games. Probably not going to get many at Pacific. Good win! It's crazy how sporadic the CPU play can be. Never noticed it as much before. Made it's more pronounced when the user's team is really poor??
The user team being crap might be part of it. I haven't quite put my finger on it, but I know it when I see it. Usually after each team has two possessions I have a feeling how it's going to go. I'm not always right, as I thought I was going to blow out Buffalo but they came back hard in the 2nd half. But if I had to pick one thing, it's the o-line play. When my line is just tossing around the opponent in the run blocking game, that's my first indication that the CPU is 'taking it easy'. In the big picture, it evens out for the most part. I mean, the friggin Ohio Bobcats were almost as effective as FSU, so it swings both ways.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #108
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Such a great win to get the recruits thinking a little more about committing to Niagara! And coach Nonek is absolutely right in keeping the focus forward. Northern Illinois is going to be a chore!
Lord knows I need the recruits. The scheduling hasn't been terribly kind to me, as I only had four home games... and three of them are at the very end of the season. Been tough to get those big point chunks from earlier visits to close a deal. Since my last recruiting post, I think I've only signed one more guy and that was just one of the 2-star CBs. I'm getting close on a few other ones, hopefully I can wrap them up during the regular season and don't have to worry about offseason crapshoots where some team comes out of nowhere and dumps a million points into that one guy you really want.

I'll probably have a Moonboots post up tonight after work with a recruiting update and will try to get the NIU game done. Really itching to get to the offseason. Need new blood!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #109
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

To: Nonek, Reinhold ([email protected])

Subject: Recruiting update

This recruiting crap isn't easy... these damn kids are a pain in the ***... everybody telling them they can walk on water since they first picked up a football. The entitlement, the demands... it's crazy... "I want playing time!", "Pay my mom's mortgage!", "Get my sister a six month supply of baby formula!", "My Uncle Pookie needs a lawyer for his 5th drunk driving case."

I'm doing what I can, but we really have to get some kind of legitimate staff to help me next year. I'll be hired on as an actual employee soon, already forged most of the required documents. But this is getting stressful.

Only one new signing to report, bringing our total class to seven so far:

E.J.Hughes / Cornerback / 3-star
6'1" / 177 lbs / Plymouth, MI

Not a lot of speed with E.J., but probably the best cover guy I've convinced to come to Niagara. I won't be surprised to see him start as a true freshmen.

Updates on the pipeline:

Conrad Palinski / Athlete / 5-star
5'11" / 187 lbs / Fremont, OH

As I expected, another team finally stepped up and will give Conrad a QB spot. Bowling Green has officially entered the chase. Eight cases of baby formula lead me to believe we still have a slight edge... but Bowling Green does check more of his boxes. He will be visiting the campus in week 12 when we play Eastern Michigan. Make it count.

Tyrone Welsh / Athlete / 4-star
6'0" / 204 lbs / Palm Bay, FL

We are the only school interested in him at this point, well the only school interested in him for football. Based on his social media posts, he also is getting some press as a baseball prospect. He likes the idea of staying home and playing both sports even if it means going to a lower level school. He still hasn't committed to a campus visit, but I think that will happen. Just starting to doubt we can close the deal before our window closes.

Adam Nelson / Cornerback / 2-star
6'0" / 191 lbs / Halifax, Nova Scotia

I expect him to commit in the next week or two. Another middle of the road defensive back prospect that I would expect to compete in camp.

New to the pipeline:

Todd Beck / Athlete / 3-star
6'2" / 201 lbs / Liberty, MO

Plenty of big name programs are sniffing around this kid, and he values a program with a long tradition, but none of them have offered a scholarship. Looks like he has elite top end speed and I'd slot him as a wide receiver, but defensive back is an option as well. He's a lifelong Nebraska fan based on the pictures I took inside his bedroom, so he might decide just to walk-on in Lincoln.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #110
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Hughes seems like he could be a very good zone corner for you. As for the rest of the guys you’re chasing, if you could Landry ANY of those athletes that would be a huge win for Niagara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

When your school is named Niagara, Georgia State or Pacific, I think you pretty much are happy just to get anyone to come and play for you. Going the Athlete route and the Jucco route, sure made a huge impact on my roster.

I remember back in the day on NCAA 2006, my buddy and I would end up with 3 or 4 guys playing both sides of the ball. My created WR was also my #1 CB and his start MLB was a FB who ran like Mike Alstott...

I just signed a kid who is a 79 RB and a 79 CB play a 94 Overall KR/PR. I feel like he is going to see the field alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #112
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
When your school is named Niagara, Georgia State or Pacific, I think you pretty much are happy just to get anyone to come and play for you. Going the Athlete route and the Jucco route, sure made a huge impact on my roster.

I remember back in the day on NCAA 2006, my buddy and I would end up with 3 or 4 guys playing both sides of the ball. My created WR was also my #1 CB and his start MLB was a FB who ran like Mike Alstott...

I just signed a kid who is a 79 RB and a 79 CB play a 94 Overall KR/PR. I feel like he is going to see the field alot.
That's pretty much what that 3-star guy is panning out to be, except WR/CB. I'm sure he'll get snaps on both sides of the ball as he'd likely be my #1 at either position. This of course assumes that I sign him... and seeing I was late to the party, that's never a guarantee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »