Home

Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (CFB Revamped)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (CFB Revamped) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2022, 12:10 PM   #73
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (CFB Revamped)

Oof, one step forward and one step back these last couple of weeks. Need more consistency from the QB position on offense, and the defense just had nothing for Caleb Williams. Definitely daunting for Coach Warner to face LSU-Georgia-Oklahoma in three consecutive games, but luckily the schedule seems to lighten up a bit moving forward. Hopefully that consistency will come and you can start building a foundation for the future!
Old 01-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #74
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Ouch - tough to lose so bad in the rivalry game!

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:59 PM   #75
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Oof, one step forward and one step back these last couple of weeks. Need more consistency from the QB position on offense, and the defense just had nothing for Caleb Williams. Definitely daunting for Coach Warner to face LSU-Georgia-Oklahoma in three consecutive games, but luckily the schedule seems to lighten up a bit moving forward. Hopefully that consistency will come and you can start building a foundation for the future!
That is exactly how it felt my friend. However, if you offered me at least one win out of those three games at the start of the season I would have snapped your arm off. Williams just dotted up this defense and I must say, I am glad he's a senior and we won't have to face him again next season. I am started to lose patience with Klubnik, I don't like the way he feels in the pocket and for someone with 91 accuracy he really does overthrow his receivers, I'm already looking beyond him however, Card isn't the option and the QB class is really weak this season so we are kind of caught between a rock and a hard place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Ouch - tough to lose so bad in the rivalry game!
It was embarrassing, however it gives us fuel going into next season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #76
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 01-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #77
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Williams-Brice Stadium
@
#25 Texas Longhorns
(4-2) (4-2)
South Carolina Gamecocks
(2-3) (1-2)
Offensive Stats Comparison
26.2 (#71)Points Per Game22.6 (#97)
367.8 (#79)Total Offense337.0 (#99)
119.3 (#121))Rush Offense166.4 (#67)
248.5 (#33)Pass Offense170.6 (#100)
Defensive Stats Comparison
324.8 (#22)Total Defense451.2 (#113)
144.5 (#33)Rush Defense208.6 (#112)
180.3 (#30)Passing Defense242.6 (#94)
-2 (#86)Turnover Difference-4 (#108)
Injury Report
C Jake Majors (Calf Strain)
Probable
LT Nick Williams (Foot Stress Fracture)
Three Weeks
OLB Philip Hale (Meniscal Tear)
One Week

DE B.J. Welsh (Elbow Fracture)
Seven Weeks

Old 01-30-2022, 06:21 AM   #78
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Columbia, South Carolina -- #25 Texas (5-2, 5-2) didn't give South Carolina (2-4, 1-3) a chance to even get their motors started in Saturday's 34-10 victory. When Le'Veon Moss carried South Carolina cornerback Trequon Fegans five yards into the endzone to open the scoring you just had a feeling then that it was going to be a long day for the Gamecocks.

It was, the Gamecocks mustered just 110 yards through the air and 214 total offensive yards all game. The Texas defense was all over the place today, senior defensive tackle Vernon Brouhgton was a consistent thorn in the gamecocks side if he wasn't recording a career-high three sacks on Gamecocks quarterback Colten Gauthier he was stuffing the run on the side, one of his sacks even forced Gauthier out of the game (queue the cheers from the South Carolina crowd).

The Longhorns defense as a whole recorded 17 tackles for losses and five total sacks.

"When I woke up this morning. I just had a feeling today was going to be one of those days. "Broughton said after the game. "Last week was tough on the whole team and it was up to us seniors to step up today and I think we did that."

Cade Klubnik returned to the starting lineup after being benched in last week's 51-14 loss to Oklahoma in favor of Hudson Card and the junior quarterback answered his critics with a solid performance, all be it not perfect. Klubnik finished the game 23-of-33 passing for 349 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception, although he also had a fumble in the game. Le'Veon Moss, like Klubnik has been inconsistent through the first seven weeks but the sophomore totted up 88 yards and a score on 19 carries on the win today.

"Bouncing back in the right way was key today." Texas head coach Russell Warner told reporters. "We had to lift some heads on Sunday morning that's for sure, the kids felt the loss when they returned to campus more. They knew they had to go out there today and give a team performance and I couldn't be happier with the outcome."

Jaden Alexis only took over special teams duties at the start of this season, but the junior receiver has looked like a natural and he capped off a top all-round performance today with a 64-yard punt return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter which sort of took the wind out of South Carolinas small rejuvenation.

The Takeaway: Xander Weems caught his 11th touchdown pass of the season in the win today and the true freshman leads the NCAA, with Florida's Xzavier Henderson three behind him with 8.

Next Week, #23 Texas (5-2, 5-2) play host to their first non-conference opponent of the season in Colorado State (2-5, 1-3). The Rams come into the game on the back of three losses to San Jose State, Wyoming, and UNLV in which they have been outscored 90-17.

Photo Gallery

Vernon Broughton was a thorn in South Carolina's side all game.

Le'Veon Moss rides the tackle all the way into the endzone.

Jaden Alexis made this superb diving catch.

Kelvontay Dixon gives the ball to South Carolina with this fumble.

Anthony Hill wins it right back with a strip of his own on the next play.

Jaivon Ramsey shakes off Nikai Martinez on his way to the score.

************##*
Old 01-30-2022, 06:45 AM   #79
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 01-31-2022, 05:01 AM   #80
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »