Home

Who would be interested in a OS Golf League

This is a discussion on Who would be interested in a OS Golf League within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Who would be interested in a OS Golf League

im down for this....its the one game i keep playing over and over again despite its flaws. true aim baby!

PS3 GamerTag: jettachrome
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah I am interested. I like the play the pros option because it gives everyone time throughout the weekend to play when they want and not have to worry about scheduling matches. Plus all the options are set and it is easy on everyone. All they have to do it click on play the pros and have at it.

I think we are all mature enough to post our scores without lying. The game of golf is all based on integrity anyway.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmpfeiff
Yeah I am interested. I like the play the pros option because it gives everyone time throughout the weekend to play when they want and not have to worry about scheduling matches. Plus all the options are set and it is easy on everyone. All they have to do it click on play the pros and have at it.

I think we are all mature enough to post our scores without lying. The game of golf is all based on integrity anyway.
totally agree....so lets get this going. if not, at least lets compile a list of gamertags so we can contact each other to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

I run a golf league for the 360 on a small gaming site that has about 13 members. We play all sports games and run leagues for all of them. The Tiger league consists of 16 tournaments plus a Ryder Cup at the end of the season. It is played on Tour Pro, 4 rounds, conditions are posted for each round. We use a point system similar to the Fed Ex Cup. We are recruiting not only for golf but to play in other leagues as well. Looking for mature gamers, preferably over 30 years old who are willing to participate in various sports leagues and not just Madden. No cheating or cheese is allowed. Sim players only. PM if interested and I will get some more from you and will discuss with other members in our group. Won't give you site address until approved.

Last edited by GrandMaster B; 08-06-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: info
Old 08-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmpfeiff

i agree with this...

if anyone wants to lie to win, that's on them - sadly...

Last edited by goalie; 08-04-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: (typo)
Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
i agree with this...

i anyone wants to lie to win, that's on them - sadly...
That's what I say. It's a shame someone would want to cheat on a video game which means nothing. It's not like your getting paid to win.

I tried to start an online racing league for NASCAR 09 a while back where everyone ran the default setup to really see who the best driver was and we never had trouble with people cheating. It would have been easy for someone to tweak their setup to be a faster than everyone else but we never had problems.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

wanna try it this weekend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #16
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
wanna try it this weekend?
Yeah sounds good to me. I guess we could all just post scores on here for the first time and see how it goes. Then if someone wants to make up a point system or something we could discuss that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »