Home

Who would be interested in a OS Golf League

This is a discussion on Who would be interested in a OS Golf League within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who would be interested in a OS Golf League

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere in the thread, but one way to verify scores is to post the round to Gamernet as 18 hole challenge. I haven't tried this with TW 11, but I'm thinking it might be possible to play along with someone else's Gamernet "tournament" round, and then post your round to Gamernet at completion. It would give some personality to the round for those who wanted to play in groups, but couldn't schedule a mutually agreeable time.

I'd be up for this myself. I'm working 12 hour night shifts through Monday morning, which only leaves me about 45 minutes of free time to play a round. I'll give it a go if at all possible.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere in the thread, but one way to verify scores is to post the round to Gamernet as 18 hole challenge. I haven't tried this with TW 11, but I'm thinking it might be possible to play along with someone else's Gamernet "tournament" round, and then post your round to Gamernet at completion. It would give some personality to the round for those who wanted to play in groups, but couldn't schedule a mutually agreeable time.

I'd be up for this myself. I'm working 12 hour night shifts through Monday morning, which only leaves me about 45 minutes of free time to play a round. I'll give it a go if at all possible.
that gamernet idea sounds good - can anyone verify that it will work?

i guess someone will have to play "first" -

i'd also like us to agree to play just one round for each round (instead of playing seven rounds and posting just the "best")
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie

i'd also like us to agree to play just one round for each round (instead of playing seven rounds and posting just the "best")
I agree with that. Professional golfers don't get but one shot. If they mess up they have to live with it and can't hit a reset button or start over.

The gamernet idea sounds good. I guess play the pros opens up tomorrow so we need to test it out and see how to do it.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
I'll try it out tonight and report back.

Quote:
I wouldn't have a problem doing that, schedule permitting. In fact, I usually get home from night shift at ~6:20 AM EDT. A lot of times I'm one of the first people posting in the Live Tournament Dailies. It's the only time I see my name in the top 5 on the leaderboard

Quote:
We wouldn't have a problem getting this group to agree to and honor that.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #21
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'll try it out tonight and report back.

I wouldn't have a problem doing that, schedule permitting. In fact, I usually get home from night shift at ~6:20 AM EDT. A lot of times I'm one of the first people posting in the Live Tournament Dailies. It's the only time I see my name in the top 5 on the leaderboard

We wouldn't have a problem getting this group to agree to and honor that.
Awesome all of that sounds good. Are we looking at using the Amateur or Tour Pro (true-aim on) tournament in play the pros? I haven't used true-aim that much but I would be up for trying it. I just prefer the classic follow cam in my career where I can enjoy the beauty of these courses from above.

By the way my ps3 tag is nmpfeiff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
Pro

goalie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmpfeiff
Awesome all of that sounds good. Are we looking at using the Amateur or Tour Pro (true-aim on) tournament in play the pros? I haven't used true-aim that much but I would be up for trying it. I just prefer the classic follow cam in my career where I can enjoy the beauty of these courses from above.

By the way my ps3 tag is nmpfeiff.
yea, we should firm this up...
Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #23
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

We also need to decide what golfers we want to use. I was thinking we should all create a new golfer and only use him for this league. That way everyone starts out equal and can build him over time to their liking. It would be kind of like an online career league. By now some people that play a lot has prob maxed out the ratings and that is a huge advantage at first.

I think we should take the next 2 weeks and play the pros and experiment. Just use what ever golfer and see how things go then lets all create a new golfer and start the league.

That's my proposal and if anyone doesn't like it I am cool with whatever. The main reason I said lets wait 2 weeks is that I am not going to be able to play next weekend (Aug 12-15) because I will be out of town and I don't think we are ready to start with this weekends tournament. That will give us 3 weeks to experiment and get everything set. One thing I learned about leagues is don't try to start to early before you have everything set. If you do it will get confusing and not fun.

Last edited by nmpfeiff; 08-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
Pro

goalie's Arena

[quote=nmpfeiff;2041425529]We also need to decide what golfers we want to use. I was thinking we should all create a new golfer and only use him for this league. That way everyone starts out equal and can build him over time to their liking. It would be kind of like an online career league. By now some people that play a lot has prob maxed out the ratings and that is a huge advantage at first./quote]

my vote is to use your golfer - even if the stats are up...

i figure the "maxing out" will happen soon anyway - no reason to "start over" -

but i am good either way...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »