Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #73
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Played the whole ten hours access and now have 5 or 6 more hours n post launch...

The more I play the more I am enjoying it.. I have all settings custom to the hardest and with the timing getting better on full swings thanks to the tempo thread here... I am really feeling the golf on the course. The short game requires more finesses in the tempo whereas full swing requires forward flick. Turning manual shot shaping on, also makes it much more difficult to set up and execute your shots. Yes, game is bare bones but presentation and feel wise I have already played this more in one sitting than I was ever able to on TGC which bored me after a little while.

If you're looking for old TW it's not here. If you're looking for a fun challenge and immersive golf on course it's here.

One thing I appreciate is the feedback and xp earnings. Every well executed shot gives you some feedback. I always adjust trajectory and distance manually before each shot and it feels very much like I am in control.

Honestly it took me this long to figure out how best to play for me. There are soo many ways to adjust the gameplay to your own style.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #74
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Have you ever watched a PGA TOUR telecast on TV? LOL....
Yes, but I'm not golfing during the broadcast.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

is the ball loft really backwards like some are reporting? ie when you want higher trajectory you put the cursor on the ball higher?

can they patch that?

Last edited by hort22; 07-14-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5

also on iron shots do you really just adjust your yardage and swing...isnt there any in between club distances?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

On the fence ref purchase. Got screwed on nhl15 and this golf seems to be on same channel...

Been on TGC. They brought out new driving difficulty this week. Makes it very difficult to hit your own fairway. Went -3 on this weeks tour however leader was about -45....

Sounds like EA should be able to make hitting straight more difficult if TGC could do it.

I'll wait a week or so for all the impressions to sort themselves out. I'll kick my own azz if I buy another EA dud!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #78
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
is the ball loft really backwards like some are reporting? ie when you want higher trajectory you put the cursor on the ball higher?

can they patch that?
Trying to figure this out too. But when I select flop, the cursor goes to the top of the ball but when I select punch the cursor goes to the bottom. Seems completely backwards, well, is completely backwards
Old 07-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capfan11
On the fence ref purchase. Got screwed on nhl15 and this golf seems to be on same channel...

Been on TGC. They brought out new driving difficulty this week. Makes it very difficult to hit your own fairway. Went -3 on this weeks tour however leader was about -45....

Sounds like EA should be able to make hitting straight more difficult if TGC could do it.

I'll wait a week or so for all the impressions to sort themselves out. I'll kick my own azz if I buy another EA dud!
This release is very, very similar to the NHL 15 release in terms of removed features.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #80
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22

can they patch that?
It is bass ackwards in the game, I hope they recognize this is counter-intuitive and fix it in a patch!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »