Home

PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

This is a discussion on PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #17
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
Give me Augusta, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews course pack or something like that and I could see some value (even though there are some nice recreations).
Unfortunately that's never happening.

Old 12-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Every developer are doing this now.* It's the follow the sheep mentality and make a few $$$.* Codemasters F1 game is like this as well new for this year.* They copied Dead By Daylight's cosmetics premium pass gimmick.* Just need to be strong and* not fall for the urge in "I needing to have all the cosmetics" mind trick.* That's how they get you!
Old 12-04-2020, 09:53 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will never understand the 2K logic of excluding the ability to play as the PGA pros??? How could anyone think this is a good idea?

The buzz around this game quickly went away after the first few days with the excessive microtransactions needed (unless you have the hours on end to play to earn gear/equipment) or having to play as a created golfer. Imagine if you had to play as created teams/players in NBA 2K or Madden or FIFA? There would be very limited interest and that's what we're given here with PGA 2K21. Gimmicks like the ability to play golf with a pumpkin on your head or use a candy cane in place of a putter are silly and consumers won't forget that.

Don't get me wrong that this game from a visual and gameplay standpoint is quite good, and that's why it is so frustrating to see a developer like 2K stand in the way of their own success by not making the PGA Pros playable. It's like bringing a great game to market in only black and white and telling your consumers it is not available in color just because...

Would like to see 2K do the right thing and simply make the PGA Pros playable in all modes, especially a Play Now mode. They would probably be amazed at the interest generated. If people want to play as their created golfer then they have that option still available. Giving consumers options can be a good thing.

Last edited by Hamburgerpimp97; 12-04-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #20
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I will say, a few folks noticed some things that seem to be added to the game via the update that came along with the Clubhouse Pass stuff.

Looks like there are some new things in the course designer, including new hole signs and two more pages of trees...http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...html#msg368461

Also, I saw someone mention elsewhere that Titleist and FootJoy have been added to the brand logos on the game's startup screens. Those weren't there before, and I am guessing that's what's coming in Season Two of the Clubhouse Pass next March.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-04-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #21
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
They won't... because of the TGC Tours. That's why everything is always cosmetics. Without all the TGC Tours switching to the new games, they would lose a lot of customers.
It’s 2k. All they care about is the bottom line. Once Microtransactions are introduced they’ll try anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #22
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20

I noticed a "BOSS" logo on the load screen but don't see any BOSS gear options for my player... Guessing it will eventually be added OR maybe bc other players in the game are wearing it. Either way, it should be available for "my player."
Old 12-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #23
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

So can I unlock this stuff just by playing? Or do I have to purchase the pass first and then play and then unlock and then pay?

Either way this game is on hiatus for me until the swing glitch on the X and S gets sorted out. It happens once or twice a round to me and it’s absolutely infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #24
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottibino
I noticed a "BOSS" logo on the load screen but don't see any BOSS gear options for my player... Guessing it will eventually be added OR maybe bc other players in the game are wearing it. Either way, it should be available for "my player."
BOSS has been on the screen since launch...as has Nike. These brands' gear are shown on the Pros. Patrick Cantlay wears BOSS, and Tony Finau and Cameron Champ wear Nike. It would be great if they get added for users to add to their character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
So can I unlock this stuff just by playing? Or do I have to purchase the pass first and then play and then unlock and then pay?

Either way this game is on hiatus for me until the swing glitch on the X and S gets sorted out. It happens once or twice a round to me and it’s absolutely infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can unlock 15 of the 75 rewards for free, just by playing the game. The first free reward is unlocked at level 2, and a new free reward is available at every fifth level after that.

To get access to all 75 rewards, you have to pay the $8. If you opt for the $15 option, you get access to the 75 rewards, and skip right to level 20 of 75, unlocking the first 20 rewards immediately.

If you play the game for a while and advance a bunch of levels, then decide to pay for the pass later, it sounds like you will get all the rewards you would have earned along the way.

Here are the free rewards, and the level you unlock them at:

Level 2 - women's light blue Under Armour polo
Level 7 - green goodr sunglasses
Level 12 - 100 in-game coins
Level 17 - navy blue Mizuno baseball cap
Level 22 - men's HB Studios cube-patterned pants
Level 27 - blue goodr sunglasses
Level 32 - men's Under Armour black track jacket
Level 37 - Mizuno T20 wedges
Level 42 - Mizuno M-CRAFT 2 putter
Level 47 - men's Under Armour black track jacket
Level 52 - 100 in-game coins
Level 57 - Mizuno CLK Hybrids
Level 62 - women's Under Armour purple polo
Level 67 - HB Studios pink/teal glove
Level 72 - orange/pink? goodr sunglasses

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-05-2020 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »