Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
How will this affect the major courses that they had advertised in the game?* Southern Hills and St. Andrews won't be the courses for the Opens in 2023.

Won’t matter outside of not lining up… 2 years into career mode it won’t even matter. The important thing is having a lot of courses in the major rotation.

Sent from my iPad Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2022, 06:54 PM   #26
Banned

Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Releases in Spring 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Way too big.

They are enormous. Be nice if a slim model was put by next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-26-2022, 03:27 PM   #27
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Sometime last fall, I think EA realized next-gen consoles would still be constrained for a while and they decided to pivot dev resources to other projects for this yearly cycle and revisit it in 2022.

Honestly, they were right. I've been trying to get a PS5 at MSRP when retailers have drops and I still can't get one. If the game were releasing in a few weeks as originally planned, sales would be a disaster.
This is off-topic, but I really started trying to get a PS5 back in the fall. It took me about three months of committed searching and keying on drops to get one, but that's basically what it takes if scalping hasn't diminished.

However, I should also mention I had missed an invite from Sony last summer to buy one (it went into my spam folder and I wasn't paying close attention, forgetting about the lottery entirely). Register for the Sony direct emails once a week until you get one. I got a second one, as well, but by that point I had my console from elsewhere.

There are other resources you can use from Twitter and Reddit, Nowinstock, even Discord channels, but if you don't want to pay over retail, you really do have to commit to the hunt like it's a part-time job.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:15 AM   #28
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
This is off-topic, but I really started trying to get a PS5 back in the fall. It took me about three months of committed searching and keying on drops to get one, but that's basically what it takes if scalping hasn't diminished.

However, I should also mention I had missed an invite from Sony last summer to buy one (it went into my spam folder and I wasn't paying close attention, forgetting about the lottery entirely). Register for the Sony direct emails once a week until you get one. I got a second one, as well, but by that point I had my console from elsewhere.

There are other resources you can use from Twitter and Reddit, Nowinstock, even Discord channels, but if you don't want to pay over retail, you really do have to commit to the hunt like it's a part-time job.
It’s all about the effort people are willing to put into finding one. I see a few accounts that post once a week saying target or Walmart has ‘em in stock. Their out there, it’s just how badly you want to search for it. I just happened to get lucky Christmas 2020 to get one.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #29
MVP

I’ve had two pretty good chances to get one this week and I have passed.

With no new golf game and me not really being into the NHL series right now I would be getting it just for Gran Turismo and I’m just kind of not worried about it right now.

One major positive for the 2K golf series is if they release a new version I’m assuming I can still just check that out on the computer instead
Old 03-27-2022, 08:46 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I’ve had two pretty good chances to get one this week and I have passed.

With no new golf game and me not really being into the NHL series right now I would be getting it just for Gran Turismo and I’m just kind of not worried about it right now.

One major positive for the 2K golf series is if they release a new version I’m assuming I can still just check that out on the computer instead

May I ask, where you had these opportunities? I was really wanting one for PGA and GT7, but am now thinking I’ll just hold out until next spring or summer in hopes that they are at Walmart and or a slim model is made.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 03-27-2022, 10:53 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
May I ask, where you had these opportunities? I was really wanting one for PGA and GT7, but am now thinking I’ll just hold out until next spring or summer in hopes that they are at Walmart and or a slim model is made.

Local seller and also the Direct Sony drop on Thursday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #32
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh

If you have a Twitter account, “ps5 in stock alerts” posts at least once or twice a week. Legit sellers, no scalpers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »