Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

We aren’t to the complaining part. First we gotta get the screen shots and pick them apart. Then, if that actually goes well, we have to compare them to every new bit of info, and then try to detect if EA is going to screw us again.

So, yes, we beg for PR and things like E3. We get angry AF if we aren’t given proper trailers and info. That is all PR meant to manipulate its customers. Not in a bad way, the way ALL marketing is designed.

I mean, here we are, setting up a trap. Will EA fall into it? The Masters are coming, and if they don’t release something, then someone can talk about how disappointed they are. Then someone will say how ridiculous it all is.

If they release a screenshot, gamers will be excited for 30 seconds, and then immediately go into, “is that all?” If it is a trailer, well is it really gameplay? Oh, we better hammer them on that.

Wait, no release date? WTF?

Yeah, it’s gonna be great.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-05-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #58
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
We aren’t to the complaining part. First we gotta get the screen shots and pick them apart. Then, if that actually goes well, we have to compare them to every new bit of info, and then try to detect if EA is going to screw us again.

So, yes, we beg for PR and things like E3. We get angry AF if we aren’t given proper trailers and info. That is all PR meant to manipulate its comers. Not in a bad way, the way ALL marketing is designed.

I mean, here we are, setting up a trap. Will EA fall into it? The Masters are coming, and if they don’t release something, then someone can talk about how disappointed they are. Then someone will say how ridiculous it all is.

If they release a screenshot, gamers will be excited for 30 seconds, and then immediately go into, “is that all?” If it is a trailer, well is it really gameplay? Oh, we better hammer them on that.

"Hurry up and give us something to **** on, please"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:28 PM   #59

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

So, yes, we beg for PR and things like E3. We get angry AF if we aren’t given proper trailers and info. That is all PR meant to manipulate its comers. Not in a bad way, the way ALL marketing is designed.

Forever the optimist you are.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:41 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Forever the optimist you are.

If they don’t let me choose the champions dinner after I win the masters in career mode I’m going to riot and call them lazy!!!!

Sarcasm *

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 04-06-2022, 02:21 PM   #61
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
What is everyone’s best guess?

Do we get a single screenshot this week?
A video?

…or just nothing
My gut feeling is nothing. A year out seems to be a bit too far to be promoting a golf game in advance. I'm curious to see what they come up with, but I'm a bit pacified that I'll have a new 2K golf game to tide me over until we start getting news of the next EA game, and later, its release.

It'll be cool to have to rival, next-gen golf games going back and forth for the first time in 7 years. I'm counting RMPGAT in that statement, but honestly, I wrote it off in less than three months of play. It made for some great looking screen shots though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
My gut feeling is nothing. A year out seems to be a bit too far to be promoting a golf game in advance. I'm curious to see what they come up with, but I'm a bit pacified that I'll have a new 2K golf game to tide me over until we start getting news of the next EA game, and later, its release.

It'll be cool to have to rival, next-gen golf games going back and forth for the first time in 7 years. I'm counting RMPGAT in that statement, but honestly, I wrote it off in less than three months of play. It made for some great looking screen shots though!

They were promoting it last year a year out.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:32 PM   #63
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
They were promoting it last year a year out.

True that... but did they really have anything to promote materially at that time? I'd say they got something in code right now, but it's probably nothing that's close enough to the final product that they'd want to float it at this time? This is another case where I hope to be proven wrong!
Old 04-06-2022, 02:58 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
...but I'm a bit pacified that I'll have a new 2K golf game to tide me over until we start getting news of the next EA game, and later, its release.

Was there a new 2k game announced?

Do tell!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »