Home

The Johnny Canuck Chronicles - A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Johnny Canuck Chronicles - A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
The Johnny Canuck Chronicles - A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty

The Dynasty Thread Info Center:

Welcome to my Vancouver Canuck Dynasty using NHL 10's Be A GM mode. This post will be the main hub for all news, injuries, latest scores, and links to important posts so you don't have to go digging through numerous pages to find something that you need. Below are the game settings that shall be used during this dynasty.

Settings:
11 Minute Periods
SuperStar
Using LordoftheThing's Sliders (slightly changed to my personal preferences)
SIM Style played. Meaning I will always play as close to realistic as possible at all times.

Season Preview Can be found here: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=20

Lineup:

Forwards:
Line #1
Daniel Sedin Henrik Sedin Alex Burrows
Ht WtAgeHtWtAgeHtWtAge
6'1"210 29 6'0" 198 29 6'1" 200 28

Line #2
Mason RaymondRyan KeslerMichael Grabner
Ht WtAgeHtWtAgeHtWtAge
6'0"18524 6'2" 202 25 6'0" 170 22

Line #3
Steve BernierKyle WellwoodMichael Samuelsson
Ht WtAgeHtWtAgeHtWtAge
6'2"216 24 5'10" 181 26 6'2" 218 32

Line #4
Darcy Hordichuk Ryan JohnsonKevin Gardener
Ht WtAgeHtWtAgeHtWtAge
6'1"206 29 6'1" 199 33 6'1" 200 18

Healthy Scratches:
Pavel Demitra, Brad Lukowich

Defense:
Pairing #1
Alex EdlerWillie Mitchell
Ht WtAgeHtWtAge
6'3"215 23 6'3" 208 32

Pairing #2
Sami SaloChristien Ehrhoff
Ht WtAgeHtWtAge
6'3"204 35 6'2" 20 27

Pairing #3
Shane O'BrienJosh Georges
Ht WtAgeHtWtAge
6'3"223 26 6'1" 200 25

Goalies:
Goalies
Roberto LuongoAndrew Raycroft
Ht WtAgeHtWtAge
6'3"205 30 6'0" 173 25

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 11-13-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Re: The Johnny Canuck Chronicles - A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty

Canucks fire Gillis after one year, hire rookie GM
By: Stan Willard
June 20th 2009

Vancouver – The season has started with a bang as the Canucks management has made a sudden and surprising move. Mike Gillis the former GM of the Vancouver Canucks has been fired and replaced by rookie GM, Alex Wenger. Alex Wenger has had no GM experience but has been a minor league hockey coach for the past 5 years. Many questioned this move as a mercy to Mike Gillis who has been receiving heat from the Vancouver media as being a former player agent who couldn’t make any deals when the time counted.

Alex Wenger steps into the role of GM at a bad time as once again the Vancouver Canucks struggled throughout the first two rounds of the 2008-2009 NHL playoffs losing 4-2 in a seven game series against the Chicago Blackhawks last year. “I believe this team has what it takes to become tops in the west,” said a happy Alex Wenger Thursday. “I believe that the team needs some adjustments if we want to go far in this years playoffs.” Alain Vigneault is delighted about the move. “Mike Gillis had a tough time last year dealing with the media scrutiny, but hopefully Mr. Wenger can surpass this and give the Vancouver Canucks fans what they’ve been asking for, the Stanley Cup.”

Alex Wenger’s first job is to figure out the coaching situation. Vigneault has yet to receive a new contract for the following season and many believe that he maybe be sacked. “As of right now, the coaching spot is top spot in my mind at the moment” said Alex Wenger to the media. “I will have a new coach in place by the NHL Entry Draft on the 25th of this month. I’m going to look through my options before I make any decision”.

The next media appearance for the new GM shall be during the pre-draft press conference scheduled to be held on June 23rd at GM Place. There we will get more insight into the new GM, his goals, and who his new coach will be. For now, all we can do is wonder what the Vancouver Canucks have in store for us this year.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm following and I hope you have a horrible season...

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Go Canucks Go!! Looking forward to reading this.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I'm following and I hope you have a horrible season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Go Canucks Go!! Looking forward to reading this.
OBG I'll be sure to put in extra effort against the blues

Thanks to you guys for the watches you won't be disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Pre-Season Press Conference

Conference Manager: Alright welcome to the 2009-2010 Vancouver Canucks Summer Press Conference. This is your chance to ask questions, discuss rumors, and more with your general manager and head coach. So without anymore delay, lets begin the conference.

Jack Thompson: Hi, Jack Thompson, CKNW 980 AM. This question is towards Mr. Wenger. Seeing as you’re the new GM in Vancouver, what are your goals for the team this year?

Alex Wenger: Well that’s a good question. My number one goal is to make the playoffs first and foremost. In this hockey savvy market, it is expected that we make the playoffs each and every year without fail. I have a plan set in place that I’ve discussed with Mr. Vigneault that will introduce a new style of play that hasn’t been seen in Vancouver in quite awhile. All that’s needed is to set the plan in motion. I also have many players that need new contracts and I shall begin those talks as of July 1st. Right now, my main goal at the moment is to make the playoffs and go far in those playoffs.

Jack Thompson: Can you care to elaborate on this plan?

Alex Wenger: Not at the moment.

Dan McLean: Hi, Dan McLean, The Province Newspaper. A question to Mr. Vigneault, with the NHL Draft just days away, what are your primary objectives to complete during the draft? Are you planning to move up the draft order? Are you planning to trade players away?

Vigneault: We want to make this team younger and faster I think that has been talked about quite a bit. We’ve been heavily scouting Russian and North American players for sometime now and have a few players in our sightlines that are high in the draft but higher than out current pick of 22nd. As for trades go, we aren’t planning to trade away any players as of this moment. We feel that our team has the necessary players we need to make it all the way this year as we’ve built from the goalie out, but anything can happen at the draft.

Squire Barnes: Hi, Squire Barnes, Global News. This question is directed towards Mr. Wenger. As a new GM, what do you see in this team that will help you try to become a legitimate contender for the cup this year?

Alex Wenger: This team has tremendous depth at the defensive position. We have a good one two punch when it comes to our defensive core, which can be grouped in anyway we see fit during our games. Our forward lines are mostly complete although we are looking to add youth and speed to our club. Our first line includes the Sedin twins who never fail to disappoint, our second line is stellar with Kesler and Wellwood and our third and fourth lines are good but need a bit more work.

Squire Barnes: You mentioned the Sedin twins, who will play along side them this season?

Alex Wenger: We plan to have Burrows play the wing with them this year as he did last year. Nothing is for certain until Training Camp begins but as of now, Burrows still owns the spot with the Sedin Twins.

Squire Barnes: If and when you make the playoffs, do you believe that you’ll have enough scoring punch this year compared to last years playoffs?

Alex Wenger: We had the scoring punch last year, we’ve never been short of it. We just didn’t execute the game plan that was in place last year and we lost because of it, it’s not a matter of your scoring depth, it’s a matter of putting your strategies to work against your opponent. In the case of the Chicago series, we didn’t.

Laura Tocket: Hello, Laura Tocket, CTV News. I have a question for Mr. Vigneault. Your team had a major breakdown last year in mid December to early January as well as at the beginning of the season. What will you do to remedy this?

Vigneault: Well Roberto was injured during our losing stretch so that hurt us. Labarbera played good for us, allowing us a chance to win each and every game but it was just a matter of putting the puck in the net, which we couldn’t do. Our players were getting injured requiring us to make call ups from Manitoba, which thus hurt the team morale and overall chemistry. We just have to make sure we assign players certain roles so they don’t focus on many things at once and we’ll be fine. We just have to make sure to play as a team.

Bobby Lang: Hi there, Bobby Lang, The Vancouver Sun. This question is for Mr. Wenger. What are your plans with the games Luongo plays and the signing of Free Agents this coming year?

Alex Wenger: Luongo had it tough last year being out so long with that injury and then playing pretty much every night during the home stretch of the season and into the playoffs. My plan would be the same for any GM of a goalie of this caliber. I would like to see him play 55-65 games this year and have the back up play the rest. I know other GM’s and coaches would want 60-75 but I find this is still too much for a goalie especially when the goalie gives you a chance to make playoffs. My priority shall be to find a suitable back-up that is capable of playing 15+ games per season. As for free agents, like we’ve been saying over the past few days, making this team younger and faster is our number one priority. Whether it’s through drafting or trading players to other teams, that is our goal for this year. As the game of hockey gets faster, we need to get faster. It’s as simple as that.

Bobby Lang: Do you have any free agents in mind?

Alex Wenger: I do but I cannot go into much detail at this time.

Conference Manager: That’s all the time we have for today. Thank you for all of your questions.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 11-02-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Nice write up.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05