Home

Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise

This is a discussion on Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise

Kewl...

I'm definitely following. Now if the Blues come back the States and tank it, NHL 2k10 is looking to be super realistic.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Excellent chise so far
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8

SHORT HANDED TOEWS GOAL RUIN WINGS COMEBACK

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Analysis: Something needs to change, that is apparent, as the Wings fall victim to the Blackhawks as their third loss in three games. The Blackhawks defense was able to shut down the Wings offense, and held them to only 17 shots against Huet. Sharp was able to put in the game clincher with only 0:48 seconds left and delivered Jimmy Howard his first loss of the season. What will Babcock change up next game as they play (the number one team in the power rankings) Washington Capitals? How can they shut down 8 the Great? From where I sit, I am not sure they can. How much longer until the appointment of GM Talon Raiver comes into question with fans of Detroit? So many questions, but just one answer to stop them all- a "W".

1-1-00-1-1
4FINAL SCORE2
35SHOTS 17
10HITS 23
40FACE-OFFS13
5PENALTIES4
10:00PIM8:00
0/5POWER PLAY0/4
Cristobal HuetGOALIESJimmy Howard

Scoring Summary
1st Period DetailsTime
Dave Bolland (1) (Sopel, Smolenak)7:38
Ville Leino (2) (unassisted)13:49
2nd PeriodDetails Time
Patrick Kane (1) (Byfuglien)8:30
3rd PeriodDetailsTime
Jonathan Toews (2) (Barker) SH8:04
Henrik Zetterberg (1) (Cleary) 12:38
Patrick Sharp (1) (Kane, Keith)19:11

Three Stars of the Game:

Third Star-

LW, Patrick Sharp
1 Goal, 0 Assists

Second Star-

RW, Patrick Kane
1 Goal, 1 Assist

First Star-

C, Jonathan Toews
1 Goals, 0 Assists, GWG

Goalie Information:
DET, Jimmy Howard, 60:00 (0-1-0)
STL, Cristobal Huet, 60:00

Current Record: 0-2-1 (1 point)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

AROUND THE NHL- OCTOBER 8, 2009

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Here is a quick look at the going-ons around the National Hockey League on October 8, 2009:

Major Injuries:

C, Brad Richards
Injury- Broken Foot
Length- 4-6 weeks
Status- On IR

C, Vincent LeCavalier
Injury- Broken Orbital
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- On IR

Transactions:

Minnesota Wild claimed D, Chris Chelios
Old 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

BREAKING NEWS: TALON RAIVER MAKES DRASTIC CHANGES, HEADLINED BY THE RETURN OF #14

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

I have just received word from an inside source that Talon Raiver has made some big changes to the Detroit Red Wings locker room, after telling the public that "the core unit is in place". We have it on good authority from this source that these changes will be in effect as early as tomorrows game against the Washington Capitals. In fact, as I am typing this, NHL.com has just released a press release from Raiver himself. Here it is in it's entirety (the words in parenthesis are comments by me, Branden Crow, and not part of Talon Raiver's press release):

Quote:
"To the fans of the Detroit Red Wings organization, let first start by repeating- the core unit that Detroit has known for the past few years, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Osgood, Holmstrom, and Franzen, is still in tact. I want to make that clear. However, it has become apparent to me and head coach Mike Babcock, as well as Mr. Illitch, that the Red Wings were lacking in some areas, and the lines just were not meshing correctly. So, with that said, I have made my first moves as General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings, and I believe that this will be what is best for the future of the franchise.

"Let me begin with the trades that have been performed (two in all). First, the Detroit Red Wings have sent recently signed free agent Todd Bertuzzi to the Anaheim Ducks. In return, we have received defenseman Luca Sbisa from the Ducks. (This trade, like the next that is covered, was most likely because Raiver wanted to clear up cap space, and Bertuzzi has yet to score a point this season. But, it also sees the Red Wings trading away a 34 year old veteran, for a 19 year old, up and coming, hugely potential defenseman. This should prove to be a great trade, if not this year, then in the years to come) We wish Todd the best in his future with Anaheim, but the fact is that he was simply struggling to find his niche with his linemates.

"Now, the big trade. What started out as a three-way team deal, was changed to a two-team deal in a matter of hours after bargaining with the third, undisclosed team, was not going anywhere to benefit either team. Fortunately, the Florida Panthers and the Red Wings camps were able to come to a very good deal for both clubs. The Red Wings see a lot of cap space free up, and move some older legs, while the Panthers receive wonderful talent. The Detroit Red Wings have traded away defenseman Andreas Lilja (who was playing in the minors), left winger Brad May (the second summer free agent signing to be traded today; was a healthy scratch), a 2010 7th round draft pick, and (what is sure to upset the most Wings fans out of any of the players traded today) center Kris Draper (this is obviously a move to rid old legs and free cap space). Personally, I have known Kris and his family for years, and it was hard to let such a dedicated leader, and amazing talent, as well as Alternate Captain go, but I believe, as Kris (Draper) does, that this will be in both parties best interest for the years to come. Draper joked after telling him of the deal that he 'always wanted to retire in Florida, anyway'. His presence will be missed, and I personally wish he and his family the best of luck in their bright future.

"Brad May and Andreas Lilja are two other good men that the locker room will miss, but, again, I have done what I feel is best for the future of the Detroit Red Wing organization.

"Now, we did not give away these players for free. In exchange, the Detroit Red Wings acquire the Florida Panthers 2010 1st, 2nd, and 6th round Draft Picks. This years draft is sure to be exciting for the franchise.

"With the trading away of those men, our lineup saw some holes. But, that was expected, as was the amount of cap space we have freed up. Fortunately there are two new men wearing the winged wheel this evening. The Detroit Red Wings are proud to announce that we have come to terms on a 5 year, $1.94M contract with up and coming right winger, Alexander Radulov. I was ecstatic to lock up this talent for five full years, and I am excited to see his play on the ice.

"And what will most likely be the most exciting news for long time Detroit Red Wings fans, is the fact that the Wings have come to terms on a 2 year, $1.50M contract with former Red Wing star, and stanley cup champion, left winger Brendan Shanahan (who, according to my sources, has already got back his #14 jersey).

"This is definitely an exciting night to be a Detroit Red Wings fan, and I believe that the moves Mr. Illitch and myself have made tonight will do nothing but better the organization for years to come. Thank you for your time.

~Talon Raiver, GM Detroit Red Wings"

The source has also just told me that he expects Raiver to release an updated lines list in the coming hours, and that Shanahan is expected to play, as is Radulov, against the Capitals tomorrow night. As a sports writer, I am surprised at the sudden changes to one team a mere 3 games in to the season. But, as a Detroit Red Wing fan, I am excited to see what Radulov and Shanahan can bring to this club. Tomorrow should be interesting! I will release the updated lines as soon as Raiver announces them.

Stay close to http://www.freep.com to find the latest news of the Detroit Red Wings, and the rest of the NHL.

Article At-A-Glance:

Free Agent Signings-

RW, Alexander Radulov (23 Years Old)
5 YR/$1.94M
One-Way Contract

LW, Brendan Shanahan (40 Years Old)
2 YR/$1.50M
One-Way Contract

Trades-

Acquires:
FLA 1st Round Draft Pick (2010)
FLA 2nd Round Draft Pick (2010)
FLA 6th Round Draft Pick (2010)

Acquires:
C, Kris Draper
D, Andreas Lilja
LW, Brad May
DET 7th Round Draft Pick (2010)

Acquires:
D, Luca Sbisa

Acquires:
RW, Todd Bertuzzi
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

TALON RAIVER ANNOUNCES NEW LINE-UPS; CHANGES ABROAD

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Talon Raiver has announced the updated line-ups. There are some big changes brewing in the motor city! It will be interesting to see where morale lies in the locker room after this week is over. But, with the strong talent they have in the locker room, reinforced by the addition of veteran Brendan Shanahan (who has, surprisingly to me, been named as Kris Draper's replacement in the Alternate Captain position). Thomas Holmstrom is moved from the first line to the fourth (probably due to lackluster play), while Ville Leino is bumped up the the second line and Darren Helm to the third. It appears that my source was correct, as all three recent pick-ups in today's announcements seem to be set to play tomorrow night against Washington. Will the Wings be able to mesh well on their first day with the new team? Check out my post game show tomorrow night to find out!

Offensive Line 1
LW, Brendan Shanahan (A)

C, Pavel Datsyuk (A)

RW, Johan Franzen

Offensive Line 2
LW, Ville Leino

C, Henrik Zetterberg (A)

RW, Dan Cleary

Offensive Line 3
LW, Valtteri Filppula

C, Darren Helm

RW, Alexander Radulov

Offensive Line 4
LW, Thomas Holmstrom

C, Jason Williams

RW, Patrick Eaves

Defensive Pairing 1
D, Nicklas Lidstrom (C)

D, Brian Rafalski

Defensive Pairing 2
D, Niklas Kronwall

D, Luca Sbisa

Defensive Pairing 3
D, Brad Stuart
D, Jonathan Ericsson

Goalies
Starter, Chris Osgood

Backup, Jimmy Howard

Scratches
LW, Kirk Maltby

D, Brett Lebda

D, Derek Meech

Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

NEW LOOK RED WINGS GET FIRST BIG "W"

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Analysis: "Something needs to change, that is apparent..." That is how I started my last article after the Red Wings fell the Chicago Blackhawks the other night. Little did I know just how much "change" was exactly going to happen. If you didn't know any better, you may barely even recognize this Detroit team! The Capitals came into the Joe Louis Arena tonight number in the power rankings, with a red hot goalie who had only allowed four goals total in three games. That number was doubled tonight as the Wings went on to notch their first win of the young season. The third line got my attention (Helm, Filppula, Radulov) with stellar play, even though they couldn't find the back of the net, they made G, Simeon Varlamov stand on his head. That is a line that could be a future first line for this organization, which should put fear into any goaltenders heart. Our first line was finally able to score some points, including returning #14 Brendan Shanahan as he puts up an assist on the evening. But, the story of the evening goes to the second line, as Hank Zetterberg was able to notch a game winning goal, the teams second on the power play (another improvement) as he was fed from Holmstrom and Stuart.

The Wings have a whole new look, and they played like it, but the win still didn't come easy. It looked like they were going to blow it towards the end as the Capitals took another lead with less than ten minutes remaining in the game. Fortunately, that is when Shanahan fed the Mule (Johan Franzen) a picture perfect pass to tie the game up about a minute later. Then, Zetterberg would deflect the game winning goal from Thomas Holmstrom on the power play about 3 minutes later. The rest, as they say, was defense!

2-1-10-2-1
3FINAL SCORE4
31SHOTS 23
4HITS 12
41FACE-OFFS16
6PENALTIES2
12:00PIM4:00
0/2POWER PLAY2/6
Simeon VarlamovGOALIESChris Osgood

Scoring Summary
1st Period DetailsTime
Alexander Semin 1 (1) (Backstrom, Ovechkin)1:07
Henrik Zetterberg 1 (2) (unassisted)3:28
2nd PeriodDetails Time
Alex Ovechkin (2) (unassisted)8:22
3rd PeriodDetailsTime
Dan Cleary (1) (Stuart, Zetterberg) PP9:26
Alexander Semin 2 (2) (Poti, Ovechkin) 10:38
Johan Franzen (1) (Shanahan, Lidstrom)11:45
Henrik Zetterberg 2 (3) (Holmstrom, Stuart) PP14:44

Three Stars of the Game:

Third Star-

LW, Alex Ovechkin
1 Goal, 2 Assists

Second Star-

RW, Johan Franzen
1 Goal, 0 Assists

First Star-

C, Henrik Zetterberg
2 Goals, 1 Assist, GWG

Goalie Information:
DET, Chris Osgood, 60:00 (1-1-1)
WSH, Simeon Varlamov, 60:00

Current Record: 1-2-1 (3 points)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

Good layout!!

Nice job getting that first win...keep it up!

R.I.P Paintball BAP and the Mess.
^^^ Check it out for a good read!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »