Home

Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise

This is a discussion on Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #41
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hockeystad Stilla Tro På – Detroit Red Wings 2K10 Franchise

THIS WEEK IN THE NHL- 11.01.09-11.07.09:

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Major Injuries:

D, Karlis Skrastins
Injury- Broken Femur
Length- 6-8 weeks
Status- On IR

C, Mikhail Grabovski
Injury- Broken Foot
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- On IR

D, Rob Blake
Injury- Hairline Arm Fracture
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- Injured

RW, Daniel Alfredsson (C)
Injury- High Ankle Sprain
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- On IR

D, Bryan Allen (A)
Injury- Cracked Metatarsal
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- Injured

D, Adrian Aucoin
Injury- Sprained Knee
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- Injured

C, Andy McDonald
Injury- Stomach Virus
Length- Day-to-Day
Status- Out

LW, Rene Bourque
Injury- Stomach Virus
Length- Day-to-Day
Status- Out

C, Jason Spezza
Injury- Stomach Virus
Length- Day-to-Day
Status- Out

C, Brad Richards
Injury- Broken Foot
Length- 1-2 weeks
Status- On IR

Transactions:

11/01- Atlanta Thrashers acquired D, Ed Jovanovski from the Phoenix Coyotes.

11/01- Phoenix Coyotes acquired D, Mark Popovic and D, Boris Valabik from the Atlanta Thrashers.
11/01- Phoenix Coyotes waived D, Mark Popovic.
11/01- Phoenix Coyotes sent down D, Mark Popovic to the minors.

11/05- St. Louis Blues signed RW, Denis Tolpeko to a 1yr/$526K minor league deal.

NHL.COM POWER RANKINGS FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2009 (parenthesis # is last weeks rank):
1. Minnesota Wild (1)

2. Ottawa Senators (2)

3. Boston Bruins (11)

4. Vancouver Canucks (5)

5. Chicago Blackhawks (16)

---

8. Detroit Red Wings (6)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #42
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

BREAKING NEWS: JASON WILLIAMS OUT OF DETROIT YET AGAIN

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have come to terms on a trade. The Toronto Maple Leafs acquire Center, Jason Williams, from the Detroit Red Wings. The Red Wings acquire the Toronto Maple Leads 2010 Third Round Draft Pick. Detroit GM, Talon Raiver, said he made the move to free up cap space. He said “I feel confident of a couple of our AHL guys, so in case of injury, I will be able to call them up. Williams wasn’t producing like we had hoped he would when Holland signed him this past off-season, and we couldn’t justify 1.5 million dollars of our salary cap being held up for a guy who will ride the bench. The Detroit Red Wings organization would like to thank Mr. Williams for his work here is Detroit, and we wish he and his family a successful, safe future in the wonderful hockey city of Toronto.”

The Detroit Red Wings dealt the Toronto Maple Leafs their seventh loss of the season just three nights ago, beating the lackluster team 5-2 in Toronto. Jason Williams was a healthy scratch for the game.

Williams has commented on the trade with the following: “What better club to be a part of than one that is as rich in tradition as the Maple Leafs? I am very happy to be moving on to Toronto, not because there isn’t a talented club here in Detroit- in my opinion, this team has just barely began to show it’s true colors, and I fully expect the Wings to have full playoff beards this summer- but, with the depth that is here, I haven’t had much of a chance to shine. In Toronto I look forward to helping a struggling club find their legs. They have very talented young players, and I look forward to working with them, and acting as a mentor to some. It is an exciting opportunity for me. Besides,” Williams joked, “my wife and kids love the snow!”.

When Williams was asked how he felt that Talon Raiver was doing as the new GM of the Detroit Red Wings, he answered simply- “Great. He saw the team struggling early on, so he made moves to win. With the new guys in here, we’ve only lost one game. Don’t the results speak for themselves?”

When Williams said that he will get a better chance to shine in Toronto, he was not exaggerating- the Maple Leafs have already announced that the 29 year old veteran will be playing with Hagman and Jason Blake on the second forward line (as a result, Wayne Primeau has been bumped to the fourth forward line, Jamal Meyers to the third forward line, and Ben Ondrus has been waived by the Leafs). This will be quite a test for Williams, who has only played in 9 games this season, totaling 0 points, and a -5 +/- Rating.

Trades-

Acquires:

Center, Jason Williams (29 years old)

Acquires:

TOR 3rd Round Draft Pick (2010)
Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #43
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

FRANZEN A HERO WITH 6.7 SECONDS LEFT

JOHAN FRANZEN TIES THE GAME UP WITH ONLY 6.7 SECONDS LEFT IN THE THIRD PERIOD, SENDING THE GAME INTO OVERTIME, AND AN EVENTUAL SHOOTOUT

BY BRANDEN CROW
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Analysis: After the first period ended, it looked as if the Red Wings were going to run away with this game. But, then the second period happened, and Columbus took over, tying the game up. The third period, however, was one of the best back and fourth battles I have seen all season in the National Hockey League- Columbus was able to take a lead with about 12 minutes left in the game. Detroit buckled down on defense, and took over offensively, eventually gaining a power play at the end of the game. With Conklin pulled, giving the Wings a 6-on-4, Henrik Zetterberg was able to win a big faceoff in the offensive zone, get a shot, follow it up and gain his own rebound, spin behind the net, and find Johan Franzen's stick to make him the hero of the game with only 6.7 seconds left to play, sending the game into overtime.

The overtime period saw Conklin make some big saves, as Columbus continue to pile on the shots- they would have 42 when all was said and done. But, Detroit's "bend-don't-break" mentality worked out, and the game went into a shootout, where Detroit snipers usually shine. However, tonight, only one goal would past a goalie- luckily, it was a goal off a Red Wings stick- Pavel Datsyuk clinched up the two points (that were much needed) for the Detroit Red Wings, sending the Columbus crowd home in a shocked silence as Detroit celebrated in the middle of the ice.

Note that the records in the first table are the team/goalie records COMING IN TO THIS GAME. The records later are after the game.

8-5-27-7-2
4FINAL SCORE (S/O)3
25SHOTS 42
14HITS 7
31FACE-OFFS25
7PENALTIES5
14:00PIM10:00
1/5POWER PLAY1/7
Ty Conklin (4-1-0)STARTING GOALIESSteve Mason (7-5-2)

Scoring Summary
1st Period DetailsTime
Kirk Maltby (1) (unassisted)12:47
Dan Cleary (5) (Zetterberg)16:38
2nd PeriodDetails Time
Nikita Filatov (3) (Modin, Stralman) PP2:05
Derick Brassard (5) (Nash, Huselius)14:51
3rd PeriodDetailsTime
Raffi Torres (2) (Chimera)8:14
Johan Franzen (2) (Zetterberg, Datsyuk) PP19:53
OvertimeDetailsTime
No Scoring
ShootoutDetailsGoal
Round 1- Johan FranzenX
Round 1- Rick NashX
Round 2- Henrik ZetterbergX
Round 2- Derick BrassardX
Round 3- Pavel DatsyukO (9)
Round 3- Kristian HuseliusX

Three Stars of the Game:

Third Star-

C, Derick Brassard
1 Goal, 0 Assists, +1

Second Star-

C, Johan Franzen
1 Goal, 0 Assists, +/-0

First Star-

LW, Henrik Zetterberg
0 Goals, 2 Assists, +/-0

Goalie Information:
DET, Ty Conklin, 65:00 (5-1-0)
CBJ, Steve Mason, 65:00 (7-5-3)

Injuries:

RW, Dan Cleary suffers a broken orbital expected to keep him out of action for 1-2 weeks.

Current Record: 9-5-2 (20 points)
Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #44
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Well, that is everything that I have formatted right now. So, the updates won't come as fast, unfortunately, and they may be in a different style. It will be similar, but I am at the point where I want to start making my dynasties into image-based updates (ala bhurst, and some others on this website), that way I can post them wherever and whenever I want to. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #45
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

OVR: 11

How are you getting the in game photos into the blog. i have tried to save them to EA Sports website and bring them over and it won't work. Good start to the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #46
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers2k9
How are you getting the in game photos into the blog. i have tried to save them to EA Sports website and bring them over and it won't work. Good start to the season.
Well, your first problem is that you are playing NHL 10 and not the superior NHL 2K10! But, that aside, what I do with my 2K images is upload them via the game, go to the website (so in your case easportsworld.com), and then I go to imageshack and upload/save the file there. That way I don't have to rely on the 2K servers/EA servers to be working correctly all the time, and instead, I get a very easy to insert image from imageshack. I am sure you could use photobucket as well, but seeing as I just started using PB, I don't know too much about it. Hope that helps, man! Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for following.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #47
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

OVR: 11

Rock on forgot to take them to image shack first. I will try 2k10 again but to me it is like playing Rod Hockey on TV. Graphics are great but to me the game play sucks. Or did they patch that to make the game play somewhat decent....LOL Anyways thanks for the info on the pics
Old 12-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #48
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers2k9
Rock on forgot to take them to image shack first. I will try 2k10 again but to me it is like playing Rod Hockey on TV. Graphics are great but to me the game play sucks. Or did they patch that to make the game play somewhat decent....LOL Anyways thanks for the info on the pics
They have patched it, which makes it infinitely better than before. But, the real key to realizing that 2K10 is the champion this year- the correct sliders. I recommend DJ Neo's, Original6's, or Venom's from the 2khockey.net website.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »