Home

Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty

This is a discussion on Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #41
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty

My Thoughts: Two horse race here, and that's a little surprising given how many experts thought that Nashville would be right there at the top. This one is coming down to the Hawks and Wings and it should be an awesome battle from here on out. Look at Detroit's home record, that is beyond impressive, and will get tested when the Hawks come a calling in a dew days. The rest of the division is rather mediocre.

My prediction: I'm biased, but I think we can make it and win the division, the Hawks depth will be the difference in the end. However, if we can't improve upon the 30th worst PK in the league then it won't matter where we finish because we won't be going anywhere important.

Your thoughts/predictions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #42
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

My Thoughts: Another division that looks ready to be called, but NOT SO FAST my friend. The Sharks are playing great hockey and have FIVE games in hand on LA. I would rule out Anaheim making a charge late as well because all these teams (including) Dallas as so good at home. Someone forgot to tell Phoenix that they didn't actually move this year, so they still have to play games.

My prediction: I think San Jose can push LA, but LA is too good too often so I think they win the division and they will push Detroit and Chicago all the way till the end of the season for the #1 seed in the West.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #43
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

My thoughts: Maybe the "best" race out there, only because all the teams are bad to mediocre. Every team in this division has a negative goal differential, you usually don't get very far with that. That being said, it's exciting to see a young Edmonton and a young, but seasoned Colorado team near the top.

My prediction: I think Colorado takes the division because I don't see a threat. I think Edmonton will hang, but falter as we get into the later months, and I expect Vancouver to finish second, and possibly push Colorado, but that's an outside shot.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #44
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Old 11-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #45
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Hawks Roll, Finish Home Stand With 6 of 8 Points

One of the best 60 minute efforts of the year, the Deadwings are next..

Minnesota Wild at Chicago Blackhawks
Jan 12, 2012123F
MIN (16-22-6)0000
CHI (29-13-2)2013
Three Stars
Corey Crawford, CHI
26 Saves; Shutout
Patrick Sharp, CHI
1 Goal; 1 Assist
Patrick Kane, CHI
1 Goal; 1 Assist
Team Stats Comparison
MINCHI
Shots on Goal2631
Hits154
Faceoffs Won-Lost18-77-18
Penalty Minutes8:002:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities14
Time on Attack3:227:07
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
CHIPatrick Sharp (11), (Toews, Kane) - 11:53
CHIDan Carcillo (6), (Brunette) - 17:31
THIRD PERIOD
CHIPatrick Kane (15), (Toews, Sharp) (PP) - 10:03
Minnesota Wild - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Josh Harding312890%3.01
Chicago Blackhawks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Corey Crawford2626100%0.00
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 03:14 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 2

Nice work here Tazer, I think you can take your devision, but like you said you need to tighten up that PK unit.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #47
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Thanks Dynasty, made some personnel changes, Tazer out and Kruger in on the second unit. I think Tazer was getting too much ice time, so far so good, I think I'm on a good run.. doing a breakdown for your enjoyment now.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Polar opposites here, the Hawks are making a killing on the power play, but the penalty kill is leaving a lot to be desired. The Hawks will have to make major improvements in the PK department if they want to go anywhere deep in the playoffs. Expect the Hawks to look for a penalty killing forward in the weeks ahead. One potential move that had paid off recently is moving rising star Marcus Kruger to the second unit and taking Jonathan Toews off. "It's not that Johnny isn't doing his job, we just felt that more ice time off the PK would help the team moving forward, and Kruger has been a mini Bolland for us, so we want to see what he can do." Coach Q said after the morning skate in Detroit.

Trending up?

Since the move to Kruger there has been five games, and the Hawks PK is 6 for 6 moving themselves out of the basement of the league in that department (Obviously not a lot of chances, still can't get a lot of penalties called).

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »