Home

1989 or 1999 Roster

This is a discussion on 1989 or 1999 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1989 or 1999 Roster

I think you should give him the neck-roll! Also how are you rating players? Will you be giving out a lot of high ratings (such as the current rosters ea puts out for madden) or will you do them so that a 90+overall player is truly deserving. I think for realism sake you should try and keep the ratings lower so the true greats ( bo jackson, jerry rice, etc..) can really shine. That is my two cents anyways! Either way I will download them and enjoy it so thanks so much for taking the time to do them. Rosters like these really breathe new life into a game I already play daily!

-Jack
Old 12-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
MVP

As for rating the players... I try to only give 90+ to those who have the stats to back up the ratings. That being said, this year the Oline needs some extra help in pass blocking. As a result, this has caused more lineman to be rated in the upper 80s and low 90s.

To give you an example, it looks like I have 8 Running backs rated at 90 or above.
Also there are only a few receivers that are rated over 90. This is due partially because I do not think that many players should be rated that high and just as important, in order to get the 1989 "feel" the passing game should not be as prolific as it is today. I achieve this by lowering the WRs and TEs and raising the CBs and Ss a bit. This is often in the area of "Press" and "Release" ratings.

You will notice that the QBs accuracy ratings are lower and this usually results in solid "real life" like numbers.

My overall goal is to create as "sim" of an experience as possible within the confines of what EA has provided. When all is said and done, this roster will be best used in Play Now mode and 32 team user controlled CCM. I doubt I will do a lot with the Free Agents just because of the time it takes. I usually lower FA OVR ratings to 70 and below so if they are signed by a team they do not have a great impact.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
Rookie

Man sounds like you know what you are doing! I'm glad to see the o-line getting a buff because I know the struggle with madden haha. I just want to say thanks because I have a passion for all things football and I love replaying old seasons and such. Seriously though great job on what I've heard from you so far...definitely keep me updated as I love following the progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUD
Man sounds like you know what you are doing! I'm glad to see the o-line getting a buff because I know the struggle with madden haha. I just want to say thanks because I have a passion for all things football and I love replaying old seasons and such. Seriously though great job on what I've heard from you so far...definitely keep me updated as I love following the progress.
I am football nut! I enjoy creating rosters and I have spent a lot of time trying different methods to create ratings based off of stats. I have discovered things that work well and MANY things that do not. lol

I started creating rosters on Madden 11, but I used to create rosters for an old table-top football game called "statis-pro football."

I hope I can get this roster out before too long, but the process is slow and time consuming. Especially because of the limitations that EA has on what you can edit on players.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am football nut! I enjoy creating rosters and I have spent a lot of time trying different methods to create ratings based off of stats. I have discovered things that work well and MANY things that do not. lol

I started creating rosters on Madden 11, but I used to create rosters for an old table-top football game called "statis-pro football."

I hope I can get this roster out before too long, but the process is slow and time consuming. Especially because of the limitations that EA has on what you can edit on players.

Sounds awesome man! I can't wait. I don't know if you are the kind of guy who wants to wait to put out a finished product but I would be more than willing to test/ check over all the completed teams if you ever decide to put up a few at a time.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion

I am a bonafide Statis Pro Junkie. I still have my games (baseball which was my fav, basketball and football). Loved table top gaming. Strato-Matic as well. But Statis Pro was my favorite with the fast action card system. Loved it. Can't wait to play your 89 set man. I am all about the 80's. My love affair with sports is in the late 70's all the 80's and early 90's era.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #15
Rookie

If you or anyone else made a 99 roster I'd be so pumped! I'd love to do a connected franchise with the GSOT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I am a bonafide Statis Pro Junkie. I still have my games (baseball which was my fav, basketball and football). Loved table top gaming. Strato-Matic as well. But Statis Pro was my favorite with the fast action card system. Loved it. Can't wait to play your 89 set man. I am all about the 80's. My love affair with sports is in the late 70's all the 80's and early 90's era.
I still have and play the 87 version now and then. I started to make an 87 roster on Madden 25, based off of the statis pro cards. I tried to create formulas to make it work, but I was never satisfied with the results I was getting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »