Home

1989 or 1999 Roster

This is a discussion on 1989 or 1999 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1989 or 1999 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUD
I've played a few games in play now with them and I have to say great job!
They are a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed playing with Warren Moon and Rozier!
Bo Jackson is just as ridiculous as he was when he played in real life as well. I look forward to getting more teams!
Let me know if you encounter anything weird or that does not seem to make sense.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #34
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Let me know if you encounter anything weird or that does not seem to make sense.
Hey bud, so I'm playing with the Packers and I see you have Woodside as the HB/RB, but actually it was Brent Fullwood (the FB) who got the lions share of the carries that year (204 to 46). Wouldn't it be better to flip their positions for Madden purposes? Really enjoying these teams you've done so far, though
Old 01-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandeleghe
Hey bud, so I'm playing with the Packers and I see you have Woodside as the HB/RB, but actually it was Brent Fullwood (the FB) who got the lions share of the carries that year (204 to 46). Wouldn't it be better to flip their positions for Madden purposes? Really enjoying these teams you've done so far, though
Yes, I should make that change. It is always awkward with the HB/FB issue in Madden. So many teams in the 80s and early 90s used the FB as the main ball carrier.
I usually make that change, I just missed that one. One thing I do is make the "FB" the 2nd string RB if they received some but not most of the carries. In this case, I just missed it. Thanks for catching it! That's why I ask everyone for feedback because I know I will miss things here and there.

Glad everything else is going well.

One thing I have though about is creating some "80s" playbooks that utilize the FB correctly. I have thought about doing the same with Defensive Playbooks as well to limit the amount of zone blitzes. I have not messed around with the playbooks too much though so I am not sure how realistic my vision is, especially for the CPU actually using the playbook correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #36
Rookie

As I said earlier these are a blast.... so many memories... This year was a great one for the Packers. Can't wait till they are done so I can start a franchise.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidegreg
As I said earlier these are a blast.... so many memories... This year was a great one for the Packers. Can't wait till they are done so I can start a franchise.
Glad you are enjoying the roster so far.

I am making solid progress. I have completed the AFC East and nearly finished with the NFC East. I have also fixed a couple of errors on previously finished teams.

After I finish the NFC East I might put up that version of the roster for everyone to mess around with and catch any issues.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #38
Pro

Herschie's Arena

You just HAD to pick one of Ditka's crummy seasons, didn't you? Oh well, hey, heck of a job on these rosters, these babies are dead on! You somehow even got Kevin Butler's stance correct! And James Thornton was a big guy, they even nicknamed him "Robocop". Well, you got that right too.

Great job, I'm having a blast with the likes of Tomczak, Neal Anderson, and Mike Singletary. I swear, it's like playing Tecmo Super Bowl. The only thing that shatters the illusion is the disgrace known as Trestman instead of Ditka, but hey, who's complaining?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
You just HAD to pick one of Ditka's crummy seasons, didn't you? Oh well, hey, heck of a job on these rosters, these babies are dead on! You somehow even got Kevin Butler's stance correct! And James Thornton was a big guy, they even nicknamed him "Robocop". Well, you got that right too.

Great job, I'm having a blast with the likes of Tomczak, Neal Anderson, and Mike Singletary. I swear, it's like playing Tecmo Super Bowl. The only thing that shatters the illusion is the disgrace known as Trestman instead of Ditka, but hey, who's complaining?
HAHA! I am quite the Mike Ditka fan myself. I was a Bears fan during the Ditka era, and then lost interest in them once he left.

Thanks for the kind words about the roster, I am glad you are enjoying them thus far. Please let me know if you notice any issues.

One thing I have changed is on the Vikings...Tommy Kramer is now spelled correctly. Also, I have adjusted some RB/FB combos on a couple of teams.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #40
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
HAHA! I am quite the Mike Ditka fan myself. I was a Bears fan during the Ditka era, and then lost interest in them once he left.

Thanks for the kind words about the roster, I am glad you are enjoying them thus far. Please let me know if you notice any issues.

One thing I have changed is on the Vikings...Tommy Kramer is now spelled correctly. Also, I have adjusted some RB/FB combos on a couple of teams.
Sounds great...what divisions are you working on next? Would love to see the AFC and NFC West

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »