Home

1995 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on 1995 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1995 Roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
When I use the offensive run/pass % it seems even if its weighted toward more run I always see far greater pass attempts than run. I really think its random and geared toward the NFL of today making classic season stats always off. Just my opinion.
I find this to be true as well. I have thought about trying to set up a CCM with the percentages heavily toward the run. Basically take my percentages and increase the run by say 20%. Then, sim and play a game or two and see what happens. If it makes a difference that should tell us. Then, if I can develop a working knowledge of how much to add to the run% we can develop proper play calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #42
MVP

I was going to do that but first it takes a while to set up the 32 coaches with each run/pass. Then it takes so long to sim a season and you need multiple seasons to get a good feel for things. Hopefully in 16 the process will be stream lined? Or even better... the sliders might actually do what they are supposed to? I do this in the Show but there you can change sliders without recreating each team/coach plus you can sim a season in 1-2 minutes. I guess I should just be satisfied that there are great classic rosters but I always like stats to match rhe era in whatever sport.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #43
MVP

It's funny!!! I grew up on Intellivision and stick figure players and yhought it was the greatest. Now with all this I can find fault.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
It's funny!!! I grew up on Intellivision and stick figure players and yhought it was the greatest. Now with all this I can find fault.
I hear you! My first "system" was the Artari 2600. I think what makes things frustrating with today's games is that we know what the companies CAN do when they want to put the effort in. We see how one game is able to do "A" very well but yet this other game cannot seem to get it right.

I really wish EA would take a year off of Madden and simply do roster update for that year. During that year, they should rebuild the game from the ground. Get rid of the years of bad codes, legacy issues, everything. Basically start from nothing, taking the the "build a whole new game" approach. I know that would come with its own problems, but I think in the end they would be able to create the game they want to create and that the fans want to play.

In any case, I probably will not go through the "testing" process with Madden 15 either. With Madden 16 not too far out, I am not sure I want to spend the time testing and not playing. But who knows. If I can find a hour to set things up and then just let it run through a season while I do something else, I might just to see what happens. As much as I would like to think Madden 16 will be far superior, I have a feeling that this particular issue will not be touched. So, this info might help moving forward.

I think I just talked myself into testing. lol
Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #45
MVP

So I finally did a full season simulation with my 1989 roster that I had set up with coaches and playcalling percentages and playbooks.

The results were VERY disappointing. I did not write down every stat but took a sampling of the top players at most positions (QB,RB,WR,sacks, ints)

I also looked at some offensive team stats and did some work to figure out the playcalling percentages for the season.

Since playcalling was what we were discussing before, that is really bad.

Example: In real life the Giants ran 56% and passed 44%. In the sim they ran 32% and passed 68%!!!! That is a 24% difference in playcalling!
The Browns ran 46% and passed 54% IRL. In the sim it was 64 pass and 36 run. a 10% difference.

Basically, the percentages that are put in when creating the CCM has little to do with what is actually called in game(at least when simmed).

All playcalling was VERY heavy towards the pass which of course had consequences throughout the other stats.
Example: Dan Marino threw for 5614 yrds. Jim McMahon 4665 yrds. Completion % was high as well as most Qbs were in the mid 70s to mid 60s In reality only Montana hit 70% and very few Qbs hit 4,000 yrds.

Receivers were of course off as well as a huge number of guys had over 100 receptions. Reality Sterling Sharpe had 90.

So where does that leave things? Well, I probably will not do much more testing with this Madden, however, if you are playing a CCM with classic rosters, it is certainly best to 32 team control and play at least most of the games. The CPU cannot accurately sim stats for these season. It looks like the play calling %s are broken and have no impact.

Moving forward I hope the sim engine is fixed in CCM for Madden 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Well I am having ton of fun with your 1989 roster man. I appreciate the work. I know how difficult roster making is on Madden.

The detail and authenticity is fantastic. You and JohnEKool (1983) really kicked *** with your 80's set's.

Looking forward to Madden 16 and hopefully some classic 80's/90's rosters again!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Well I am having ton of fun with your 1989 roster man. I appreciate the work. I know how difficult roster making is on Madden.

The detail and authenticity is fantastic. You and JohnEKool (1983) really kicked *** with your 80's set's.

Looking forward to Madden 16 and hopefully some classic 80's/90's rosters again!
Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying it. I am still playing it quite a bit myself along with the 95 set. I mostly play in Play Now though and keep track of game stats and standings via spreadsheet.

Are you playing in CCM? If so how is it going?

I am awaiting Madden 16 and have 1999 pretty much ready to go on my computer. Rosters and overall ratings basically figured out. However, I will have to see how the new one plays and what changes were made to the ratings and such before I put it in Madden. The new changes which have been announced sound good. Especially the penalties and better CCM interface.

Other than 1999 I am not sure what other, if any other, season(s) I might undertake.
I keep thinking about doing a 1960s season for Play Now, but I am not sure how well it would actually translate into Madden.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #48
MVP

I have not played a season with your set yet, but I did with the 1983 roster and last year with someone's 1972 roster on ps3. I had the same results. Way too much passing and way too high completion percentages. Even with QB acc. set at 2 the comp. % were in to 60- low 70 range. Both seasons I left all tendencies at 50%. I just think the game is inherently geared for today's NFL. My only thought would be to drop all QB acc ratings and wr catch ratings but even with that you'll still see too much passing but maybe comp % will improve? Maybe the tendencies will actually mean something in Madden 16? If they have no effect on the game play then don't put them in the game.
As far as your rosters for 16. I'm a huge 70's fan so if you get the itch to do another set besides 1999 my vote is either 76 or 77. Either way keep up the great work. Even though these classic season don't play out as well as we'd like, they still are a blast and let us older folk relive our youth.

Happy 4th to everyone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »