Home

Madden 19 classic roster plans and thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden 19 classic roster plans and thoughts within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #25
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 classic roster plans and thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So I have begun helping Percussion with the draft classes.

Although the prep work is somewhat tedious I am actually have a lot of fun looking up the players for this first class I am working on.

Also fun plucking out some gems as well as solid players who had long careers in rounds 9-12 to have a shot at being in the draft classes 6th and 7th rounds. Also looking at so many busts each year.

Cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Absolutely stoked to see what you two can put together! It's going to be legendary!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bravesfan1984; 07-23-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #26
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Alright folks it is time to think about classic rosters for Madden 19. I did not have the beta (very disappointed about that by the way) so no matter what roster I do I will need to do some testing with all of the new ratings.

What I want to do, regardless of the year I create, is then create a few years of draft classes. I will use the real draft classes and create them as accurate as I can, but also completely compatible with my roster.

So, I am currently thinking of either doing 1991 season or 1985 season.

1985 is certainly more iconic with the Chicago Bears. The Dolphins, Patriots, and Raiders were all good in the AFC. The Rams had the big playoff victory over the Cowboys when Dickerson literally ran all over the Cowboys defense.I did a 1985 roster way back on M25 and I think it would be fun to revisit it.

As for 1991, saw the Bills lose the Super Bowl to the Redskins. The Run-N-Shoot was all the rage and the Cowboys were a year away from making the Super Bowl.

I have the majority of the work for both rosters done, at least what I can do now on excel. Adjustments will have to be made once I get the game and check everything.

What is everyone's thoughts? Which year would you like to see, or another year? I am not interested in doing anything in the 2000s.
1985 works for me, the Tommy Kramer era in Minnesota!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Just some nuggets so everyone can get excited as we approach release.

Draft classes being worked on:

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #28
Rookie

Hey All!
I don't know if I'm the only one who does this but for Franchise mode I have an all rookie team to start with. Whatever team I choose, I first go to the roster at the main menu. Then I either release anyone not a rookie outright or change their position to K/P so they won't be picked up. I then sign bad players to fill the roster. I start my franchise mode and after each week, I pickup rookies that were cut. I also take any I like off of practice squads too. I find this to be challenging since my team is so low and I can make unknown rookies into stars. I made an excel sheet to show each position and the main attributes needed for their position. I then added Gold, Silver and Bronze to represent the top 3 in that specific area. This can be helpful to find a specific player you are looking for in your franchise mode too. Hope this helps and maybe give you all a new way to play franchise mode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 19 Rookies - Copy.zip (51.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:08 AM   #29
Rookie

I think a great idea would be to do 2002 (Whatever year the Texans started) and then doing custom draft classes until the future (Like 2023) I think that'd be awesome.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronecalzone
I think a great idea would be to do 2002 (Whatever year the Texans started) and then doing custom draft classes until the future (Like 2023) I think that'd be awesome.
That is a good idea but... I just did a 2002 roster for M18.

I much prefer older football. My favorite era is the mid 80s- mid 90s. I that era of football is not for everyone, but for a lot of us older guys it is an truly awesome era of football. So many football greats in there and I think the game as a whole was simply better and more exciting.

There are certainly some advantages to doing a 2000s era roster and draft classes. One of those being that there is combine data to use which can be helpful for rookies. Plus players size is pretty much the same as it is now.

In any case, while I will not say I won't do another 2000s era roster, it will not be this year.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #31
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

LOVE seeing that you guys are working on corresponding draft classes for these rosters. Those 1986 and forward years will be awesome. Would love to bridge them 1986, 87, 88 and 91-93 are already being done, so hopefully we can get 89 and 90 to have 8 years worth of great players (Emmitt, Troy, Deion, Derrick Thomas, Barry and so on)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #32
Rookie

seaside24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Just some nuggets so everyone can get excited as we approach release.

Draft classes being worked on:

The worst aspect of this is that after all the draft classes none of those players created will ever have their name announced in the game.

It just kills the immersion factor when you got Joe Montana being called player #16

Your eventually going to have an entire league without a single name being announced

Shame on EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »