Home

What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

This is a discussion on What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Exact same for me. I'm not a slider guru, but after the first couple games every year, I lower tackling to 30 or lower. By default, the game falls into a pattern of throw, catch, tackle. Handoff, juke, tackle. The tackles almost always just end the play. In real football, there are a ton of broken and missed tackles.
I certainly agree with this. I also made this suggestion in Slim's All-Pro slider thread. More broken tackles for the user, specifically RBs that in IRL are known to not always go down on first contact.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

I wish there was a run reaction slider. I guess by tweaking run block and tackling you can achieve what you want. But the cpu is averaging about 1.5 yards a carry vs. me. Any unblocked linebacker or safety is in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage before the back can do anything. They don't have to wade through any traffic. They just make a beeline directly to the ball carrier. And almost any outside run is completely nerfed because the WRs don't block and the DBs even if they're in coverage react to the run WAY too fast and blow up everything.

CPU: Raise pass block, run block. Lower Accuracy, WR catch (more drops, especially in traffic with contact), tackling.

User: Raise run block. Lower accuracy, WR catch. Raise pass react and coverage (With extra time for the cpu QB you don't want receivers running wide open) however, lower interceptions so you won't get a bunch a picks. Lower tackling.

I've found that it isn't necessary to lower the cpu accuracy by too much. By raising the cpu pass block the cpu QBs are less accurate because their timing is off. The reason it seems to me why they were holding the ball too long is because their receiver wasn't open and they panic. That little extra time is allowing for less panic and more throws. Just now the passes are out of rhythm and subsequently less accurate.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 08-27-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I wish there was a run reaction slider. I guess by tweaking run block and tackling you can achieve what you want. But the cpu is averaging about 1.5 yards a carry vs. me. Any unblocked linebacker or safety is in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage before the back can do anything. They don't have to wade through any traffic. They just make a beeline directly to the ball carrier. And almost any outside run is completely nerfed because the WRs don't block and the DBs even if they're in coverage react to the run WAY too fast and blow up everything.

CPU: Raise pass block, run block. Lower Accuracy, WR catch (more drops, especially in traffic with contact), tackling.

User: Raise run block. Lower accuracy, WR catch. Raise pass react and coverage (With extra time for the cpu QB you don't want receivers running wide open) however, lower interceptions so you won't get a bunch a picks. Lower tackling.

I've found that it isn't necessary to lower the cpu accuracy by too much. By raising the cpu pass block the cpu QBs are less accurate because their timing is off. The reason it seems to me why they were holding the ball too long is because their receiver wasn't open and they panic. That little extra time is allowing for less panic and more throws. Just now the passes are out of rhythm and subsequently less accurate.
What values did you raise and lower sliders to? I was having similar issues with the CPU run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

A BIG problem I'm having for my players and the CUP is the DB's or lb's nerfing to the ball in the air.

When the CPU receiver or one of my receiver's has good position or the ball is placed in what seems like the perfect spot, the defender is able to react at super human speeds and make a play on the ball, often ending in a pick.

I play on AM and have pass react and pass coverage at 1 for the CPU but they still react too quickly.

Anybody know how to fix this?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #13
Rookie

The only thing that I am seeing that is a problem is that the CPU QB's hold onto the ball too long. The last game I did I only played to the half but I had five sacks with Fletcher Cox (I was him the whole time) against the Jaguars.

Other than that I found a nice balance with the QB accuracy for both human (5) and CPU (4). I also have it set to all madden and everything else seems to be just fine.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
Rookie

NYG88's Arena

This year I'm having a difficulty time adjusting to the cpu both on offense and defense.. The CPU QB is always going 18/19 or 17/20 on me and the CPU WR does not drop a thing. Also the cpu defense always seems to get this super speed when I've got a man open and makes the int or bats the ball down. Any help for this? Haven't had an issue with madden in the past.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG88
Also the cpu defense always seems to get this super speed when I've got a man open and makes the int or bats the ball down. Any help for this? Haven't had an issue with madden in the past.
I don't think CPU defensive players have super speed. You probably throw the ball to WR who you think is open but he has a dbacker right behind him and could swat the ball like he would IRL. I know this because I get picked off 2 times at most on all-pro difficulty and I've picked off guys many times online.

In previous maddens CPU would just watch the ball pass right them. So many madden fans are used to that. Its normal that they're having trouble.
Actually I'm not having any difficulties at all-pro. I just do what a QB would do IRL. Anyways, try lowering the pass reaction slider a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG88
This year I'm having a difficulty time adjusting to the cpu both on offense and defense.. The CPU QB is always going 18/19 or 17/20 on me and the CPU WR does not drop a thing. Also the cpu defense always seems to get this super speed when I've got a man open and makes the int or bats the ball down. Any help for this? Haven't had an issue with madden in the past.
This is something I'm seeing a lot of as well, playing as the Ram's D. The Ram's secondary isn't that great, but you hardly ever see a drop, and the CPU completion percentages are way too high no matter if it's zone or man coverage. This isn't just passes in the flats or curl routes pumping up their passing stats, these are balls on a rope straight to the receiver's hands, whether short routes or intermediate.. constantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »