Home

What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

This is a discussion on What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #17
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

I agree with almost everything said thus far, good observations gentlemen! Missed tackles are very rare on default even with trucking type RB's, and we all know CFB and the NFL is plagued with poor and missed tackles.

CPU accuracy, as is the case every year, definitely needs dropped, the Completion Percentage numbers are astronomical.

DB's and LB's have ridiculous closing speed on passes once they are in the air. One thing I do like is their aggression and the way you are forced to really make reads and progressions and know your receivers routes. Throwing into a crowd will definitely get you picked off The CPU INT's need dropped, again, as well. Too many tipped INT's in my opinion. I don't mind a legitimate one, but three tips into a defensive players hands who missed one straight at him on another play is a little unrealistic.

I think the User Run Blocking needs to go up at least 5 and see if that helps the O-line hold blocks long enough to burst through a hole. That coupled with no missed tackles makes the running game a tad harder than it should be.

Game is still sick and looks about as pretty as a sports game ever has!!! Nothing that can't be tweaked or patched that shouldn't make this one of the best Madden games ever.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #18
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I was just testing some read option plays in practice, and the read man crashed to the runningback every single time, about 50 times in a row. I tried changing difficulty, and nothing changed the result. Anyone else seeing this, or is it just a fluke?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #19
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

I have played maybe 5 games so far but I think All-Pro is already getting too easy for me... Of course I'm the Raiders and only played the Jets and Texans so far, but I just beat the Texans 34-0 on basically default All-Pro with only User/CPU QB accuracy down to 35 each. I was 77% throwing with Carr and Fitzpatrick was only at 55% and less than 100 yards.... I'm currently the 5th best offense and 5th best defense in the league after only 2 games.... I know the Jets and Texans aren't exactly formidable opponents but it has been SO easy.... I stop them to 3 and out almost every drive... And I haven't made any moves, basically default Raiders. The only move is I picked up LaMichael James as my 3rd string RB from FA...

I may have to bump things up to All-Madden and see how it plays and adjust from there... Because after that last game the CPU needs to be better in just about EVERY category.... :/
Old 08-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #20
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

I was tempted to drop the INT slider because there were a few too many for an average NFL game... But then I realized that I really like the new way you have to think on offense. No longer can you just try to rifle the ball wherever you want without a real consequence. I have been forced to actually throw the ball away and take sacks here and there. My last game I threw 2TDs and 0 Ints while keeping INTs at 50. I really like the way it makes you play. Smart.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #21
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been working on sliders and I have just about every issue fixed for me except the dang CPU taking 5-10 sacks a game. This is just 5 minute quarters which explains the low numbers, but as you can see, the CPU and Human player (I was Falcons) are pretty close here. The CPU QB is not robotic. Brees had a completion percent in the low 60s I think. Mine was also in the 60s but slightly higher. If he wasn't under pressure all the time he would have been higher.

The CPU can run on me. In fact Robinson from Dolphins ran for over 100 yards on me in 3 5 min quarters. The only thing I cannot fix is the freaking sacks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #22
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes. In terms of gameplay, that is all I want from the devs. QB almost never tries to throw long balls or throw it away instead he just waits to get sacked. 10+ sacks a game really kills the immersion
Old 08-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #23
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

OVR: 0

We've been discussing the too many sacks issue. My thinking is, since they improved defensive coverages, cpu qb a.i. goes into coverage sack mode and holds the ball. So to alleviate this we could raise cpu WR catch and/or lower defensive cpu pass D sliders. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerskinsfan81
We've been discussing the too many sacks issue. My thinking is, since they improved defensive coverages, cpu qb a.i. goes into coverage sack mode and holds the ball. So to alleviate this we could raise cpu WR catch and/or lower defensive CPU pass D sliders. Has anyone tried this yet?
I mean lower User Pass D sliders, not Cpu.
This has always been an issue in Madden if you have your pass d sliders are too high.
I'm thinking raising the
CPU, Wrc: +10
Lower
User, Pass D, PCV: -10

Of course lowering QB acc to 4 or 5 will allow for more errant throws too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »