Home

Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

This is a discussion on Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Great thread all - I'm still see a TON of passing plays but wonder if it is the team I'm playing that is so poor against the pass?

For instance - in my 1st half of a pre season game using only the top strategy play - 19 passes 2 runs and that is using a "balanced " offense scheme.

hmmmmm
What I started doing was running both Strategy and Frequent plays. I use 'Quick' playcalling and run whatever play comes up first unless it's a 'Community' play in which case I scroll until I see either a 'Frequent' or 'Strategy' pick and run that. We run anywhere from 15-25 times/game since I started using a modified BAL playbook which is a good power run playbook.

I'm coaching JAX and my entire corp of backs are power guys by design. I like to pound it when I run.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-19-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #74
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea - I'm old school and like pounding it. I was using the option where I get Strategy, community and the other one (star??).

I think I'll just start choosing instead of automatically taking the 1st strategy play. I'm also going to change from "Run Balanced" to Run Heavy even as I'm looking for more of a 50/50.

I'm not sure I have seen "Quick Play" but will look.

Quote:
modified BAL playbook
?????

At least it's pre season.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'll pitch a '17 suggestion for the folks who use the strategy suggestions - you many want to consider using the run/pass counters to help manage your defensive playcalls. The way those work seem to be similar to suggestions in that it will personnel match the CPU team (it won't suggest a 4-3 vs Empty 5 Wide, for example).

16's defensive suggestions were never all that good, but '17 has it suggesting heavy man blitzes for me frequently on early downs, especially if I get roasted early on middle runs (blitzes up the middle are one of the main counters to inside runs). The obvious result of this is that the CPU will gut you with short, quick routes once it catches on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

After trying different methods to play coach mode while removing myself from play calling, I came back to this.

I run whatever the coach suggests unless I REALLY don't like the call or want to catch em off guard. I'd say I run what's on the screen 95% of the time on O and D!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I know this is old but it seems to call be back with each new release. Caved and starting using only the strategy plays to call my coach mode game. Playing 11 min quarters with 20 sec runoff.

Final from IND. Colts 1-0 after 28-14 W over CIN

This was using JoshC’s setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 08-14-2018, 11:38 PM   #78
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I know this is old but it seems to call be back with each new release. Caved and starting using only the strategy plays to call my coach mode game. Playing 11 min quarters with 20 sec runoff.

Final from IND. Colts 1-0 after 28-14 W over CIN

This was using JoshC’s setup.

I have been playing this way for years now. Too bad the play calling suggestion still sucks. It's been the same for the last 5 years. Same plays for the same team. They don't use the Game-plan either.

Anyways, beside the Bengals rushing, nice game.

I have to disagree with the title for madden 2019. CPU rushing needs a bump on sliders to make them run "decent". and CPU throws more picks that i would like.

Still game is 100 harder playing this way. wish EA would give some love to the suggestion plays. They need to start using the gameplan to pick plays and more variety.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

After starting my Rams CFM at 6-1 (9 minute quarters, default all pro) I’ve been looking to add a realistic level of difficulty to the game.

I tried a full game where I only called “chess piece” plays and the results weren’t quite what I expected.

Against the Rodgers led Green Bay Packers I played the best game of the season. I went 21-28, 368 yards, and 6 TD’s with Goff. The chess piece plays blew the lid off the Packers. Gurley was hurt so this was the Goff show.

Defensively it was the same as it’s been all season. I completely shut down the Packers. I held Rodgers to zero touchdowns and forced three interceptions. They only scored 9 points.

Using the chess piece plays on offense and defense led to the biggest massacre of the season to a strong opponent.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #80
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah for me default all pro on normal speed with 9 minute quarters no runoff just seemed too easy. I just played one preseason game, but the Browns felt so overpowering against the Giants. Too many yards probably because I never had to punt. And I don't think anything I did was cheesy, I called chess piece plays, I didn't send blitzes, I didn't switch, etc.

I think the challenge of all madden default makes it more worthwhile for me, even though I think my skill level lies somewhere in between. Although if I keep playing games on all madden and keep seeing too many turnovers and feel like I can't move the ball at all, I might have to try sliders even though I've been trying to avoid them so far this year.

On all madden the defense is a little too hard. I've noticed maybe a few too many big play runs and the other team's QB goes into robot mode. Offense is very difficult. Passing game seems unfair on default, they shed blocks super easy so there's a million sacks, also bc wide receivers never get open. Running the ball actually seems OK but there are times when I feel like even when I don't use turbo guys shed blocks and come out of nowhere and in big downs I can't get out of the backfield. All of that makes all madden not very fun but to me maybe a little more fun bc I feel like I'm really having to try kind of to win games...

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »