Home

Main menu and CFM

This is a discussion on Main menu and CFM within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Main menu and CFM

I've tried them ALL extensively over the past few years and again with M15...

To me, Option One is the "easiest", but I disagree with your ranking of Options 2 and 3...

In my experience, turning Gameplay Tuning to "Off" is the most difficult / "extreme" version of All Madden, with Option 2 (Tuning: ON) being the most "moderate"...
Old 02-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #18
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've tried them ALL extensively over the past few years and again with M15...

To me, Option One is the "easiest", but I disagree with your ranking of Options 2 and 3...

In my experience, turning Gameplay Tuning to "Off" is the most difficult / "extreme" version of All Madden, with Option 2 (Tuning: ON) being the most "moderate"...
I think your right. This is just what im seeing on my end and you have way more experience on this. It just feels like im not being overpowered on #3 for some reason. Probably my style of play plays a factor as well. I can say i do see more injuries and penalties with #3 not sure why though. I bought the game in August i still havent finished a season. Every year up to now im ready and rolling by Week 3 at the latest. Worst slideritis ive ever had man lol
Old 02-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #19
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
I think your right. This is just what im seeing on my end and you have way more experience on this. It just feels like im not being overpowered on #3 for some reason. Probably my style of play plays a factor as well. I can say i do see more injuries and penalties with #3 not sure why though. I bought the game in August i still havent finished a season. Every year up to now im ready and rolling by Week 3 at the latest. Worst slideritis ive ever had man lol
As I wrote, the main reason Option 2 may not be feeling "overpowering" to me now has to do with being in 2016 with an improved team / QB / confidence and...well, I'm just making better reads, tightening up my play calls and making the best possible use of my players...

I feel ya on the "slider-itis", but a few years ago I decided that once I got a confirmed / solid base, I'd just barrel though CCM, adjusting only slightly once during a season and / or before the next began...

There's SOOOOO many other variables in this title, that that slight variance doesn't really compromise the "validity" or continuity of a CCM...

Play (more) ball!

I think it breaks down something like the following, from "easiest" to "hardest":

Option 1: AM "Lite"
Option 2: AM with adjusted "sim" sliders
Option 3: AM Default "Lite" (despite adjusted sliders)
Option 4: AM Default
Option 5: AM with adjusted "challenge" sliders

Last edited by KingV2k3; 02-06-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #20
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I posted this in my slider thread, but thought I'd repeat it here:

I ran some controlled experiments to see what the gameplay tuning setting actually does and what merit there may be to "slider mixing". Now, I only played a couple of series per team to just get a feel for it.

All main menu sliders to "0" with CFM "default" and gameplay tuning "on"
Looked and felt "normal". Not sure if it was default, but felt like it - might've been a "blend", but I don't think so. Penalties were there.

All main menu sliders to "0" with CFM "default" and gameplay tuning "off"
Didn't feel much different than above. Penalties were there.

All main menu sliders to "0" with CFM "0" and gameplay tuning "on"
Definitely felt like an all-zero set. Couldn't get a penalty to save my life...constantly tried hard count and could get no false starts.

All main menu sliders to "0" with CFM "0" and gameplay tuning "off"
Definitely felt like an all-zero set. Couldn't get a penalty to save my life...constantly tried hard count and could get no false starts. No real change from gameplay tuning "on" (makes sense since sliders all matched).

All main menu sliders to default with CFM "0" and gameplay tuning "on"
Again, felt like a "zero" set. Could not elicit a false start from my line. Makes me think that penalty sliders were still "off".

All main menu sliders to default with CFM "0" and gameplay tuning "off"
This one felt more like a "zero" set. Same deal with penalties.

Conclusions (sorta....this is such limited testing, it is just for a flavor)
  • It appears that the game properly takes the sliders from the CFM only. The zero CFM with default main menu runs seem to suggest that.
  • Penalties definitely do not get 'mixed'. This is one thing I am confident of....
  • I don't think that gameplay sliders get 'mixed', but that needs more data. I'm still somewhat convinced that the skill level settings may get 'mixed' if different between CFM and main menu; but that is hard to prove as evidence tends to be anecdotal in nature.
  • I see nothing definitive on the gameplay tuning "Yes" or "No" functionality. It does not appear to turn off main menu settings or CFM settings as has been suggested.
Again, this is just for a 'flavor' and will hopefully give some information that will help to dispel any wild theories. Feel free to repeat these experiments or others that you all might consider.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #21
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

@JoshC1977:

Yeah, I agree that the individual settings / sliders / etc. aren't subject to "blending", but the levels mos def do!

Funny game, eh?

AS far as the "Off" versus "On" thing goes:

The first thing I noticed was a difference in game speed...looked and felt faster / more chaotic to me when I tried "Off" versus my usual "On"...

I play on Slow, so turning it "Off" may have overridden that command...

If you want to test to confirm or dis-spell the "On" versus "Off" theory, that's the first place I'd look...speed...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 02-10-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
@JoshC1977:

Yeah, I agree that the individual settings / sliders / etc. aren't subject to "blending", but the levels mos def do!

Funny game, eh?

AS far as the "Off" versus "On" thing goes:

The first thing I noticed was a difference in game speed...looked and felt faster / more chaotic to me when I tried "Off" versus my usual "On"...

I play on Slow, so turning it "Off" may have overridden that command...

If you want to test to confirm or dis-spell the "On" versus "Off" theory, that's the first place I'd look...speed...
Hmmm....I remember when the "off versus on" thing first came out, the streams I watched were on normal speed. I'm a slow speed guy myself for the most part as slow on this game is equivalent to normal on NCAA 14. When I play normal on M15, it makes NCAA (my first love) feel god awful slow for quite a while....not willing to make that sacrifice

Next time I pop it in, I will take a look at that....truly more from a curiosity standpoint than anything else....
Old 02-11-2015, 01:08 AM   #23
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks for sharing this info guys. This has gotten me back into the game working on my set again. I have tried out this menu settings blended with cfm and to me is now something I can control. This is really a great find.

For me I jumped in testing my set taking the menu setting to pro and the cfm setting to all-madden. I am now back to where it felt before it went haywire on me. I will update my set now based on having the menu set correctly plus the cfm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »