Home

My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature)

This is a discussion on My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #25
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

Very interesting - Will try it. What do you do in regards to play calling? Just pick any play or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodie8585
I just reset everything to default all-pro. Running 12min, 18sec runoff, slow, every assist on, fatigue at 60, injury at 54, threshold at 42. And a pretty basic autosub. Just going to start my first game vikings(me) vs. Falcons. Im not going to play QB at all or DL. Ill let you know how frustrated im am afterwards. Lol i do think this will make the game play great though, and ill post results

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
You are really dominating with the Vikes. I think that you will continue to dominate with whichever team you use on A.P. as long as you keep it on slow instead of normal. I have used a lot of different slider combinations, found the "base" player ratings by position, and adjusted things around those findings. What I have found is that the game this year, especially after the patch this morning, is EXTREMELY sensitive to slider adjustments.

In past Madden years, we were always making drastic adjustments to sliders in order to fix one perceived "flaw" in gameplay or another. What I have found this year is that, the game, right out of the box, plays extremely well, and you have to have patience to let the variation in stats, penalties, gameplay in general, play out.

A simple adjustment of one slider by only one point up or down, changes the overall balance of the game considerably. My suggestion to you if you want the games to be more competitive is this;

Set your game speed to normal.
Leave all of the CPU sliders @ default.
Set your HUM QB ACR to 43.
Leave all penalties @ default.
Leave SPD Parity Threshold @ default 50/50.

When you play, since the HUM QB ACR is now lowered, the CPU will read that and start to set up situations that make it harder for you to run, which will put you in more situations where you will be 2nd and long, 3rd and medium, etc.
Now you will be having to complete a Pass in order to continue the drive, but since you have now lowered the HUM QB ACR, it will be more difficult.

The global averaged roster QB ratings "Base" Med and Deep Pass completion accuracy is 72.5. (rounded up to 73). That means that when you lower the HUM QB ACR to 43, you are now dropping the HUM QB's Med and Deep ACR by 7 ratings points to those ratings.

Teddy Bridgewater's Throw ACR Ratings are
Short-88
Med-83
Deep-72

Adjusting your HUM QB ACR Slider from 50 down to 43 will now give you a net ratings change to those ratings of:
Short-81
Med-76
Deep-65

That is now putting your deep throw success rating down to the bottom of the scale for QB ratings, yet still allowing the CPU to display all of the animations relative to that position.

If you were to create a player, a QB, look at the ratings that the CPU starts you out with as a base, that is a really good clue as to how the game engine runs overall...it is all 65's for all attributes, netting an overall rating of 57. Some ratings are "weighted" more heavily than others depending on the affect that rating has on that player's ability in the context of his position.

As an example, go ahead and start the process of creating a QB. Don't worry about name, weight, etc. just look at the ratings the CPU will start you out with. All 65's with an Overall rating of 57, right?
Now take the "Trucking" rating and put it all the way up to 100.
Look at the QB OVR rating ...still 57, right?
That's because, in the context of the game, that "trucking" rating is not computed into the OVR rating for QB's. In actual gameplay, of COURSE that rating would have an affect, but it still wouldn't change his OVR rating as a QB.

So what happens if we just lower the HUM QB ACR slider down a couple of points?

What does it mean when the HUM QB ACR, short, med, and deep ratings are dropped by lowering that slider?

It means that the percentage of times animations related to QB Pass Success are lowered and the percentage of times the animations related to QB Pass Failure are raised. It doesn't just mean that the QB's throws themselves are not as accurate. It means a lot of different things will happen to give the RESULT of a pass not being successful....The The receivers "catch radius" will compress overall from wherever it started at given their individual ratings, it means that all receivers other attributes will be affected as well. Their ability to get off the line against press coverage, their ability to make a catch, the percentage of times that they will drop a pass, etc.

It also means that other factors that contribute to pass success / failure will also come in to play...The ability for the OL to keep the QB "clean" and not have to rush throws, the ability for defenders in pass coverage to swat / intercept passes, the time you have to step up into the pocket and make a good throw. All of these animations are affected by lowering just that one slider a couple of points.

Relating this to "PLAYER LOCK" techniques:

It will become readily apparent to you how EVERYTHING you try to do on offense will now be harder...

Go ahead and take control of the HB on a running play...the OL won't hold their blocks quite as long.

Take control of the TE ...It will be harder to get a solid block on a LB / DE on a running play or a passing play, you might give up sacks, as well as the fact that it will be harder to get off the line and run your route or catch a pass on a passing play from your now 7 ratings points lowered QB, etc, etc, etc.

The bottom line is that any slider adjustment you do really needs to be subtle and minimal if you want the most number of and varied animations to play out. A little goes a long way when you think of all of the factors that are involved.

Last edited by Sm27; 09-09-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ill set it up how you said to and Ill give it a shot, thanks for the tips!!! Its much appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »