Home

Rich8682 All Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Rich8682 All Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #201
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rich8682 All Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Figuring this out is the hard part. You can jack it up for the CPU so it's tough on us but do it to HUM, CPU won't take those deep shots and will check it down. It's hard to balance it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I really hope this gets reverted to how it was pre patch, but I ain't holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #202

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Figuring this out is the hard part. You can jack it up for the CPU so it's tough on us but do it to HUM, CPU won't take those deep shots and will check it down. It's hard to balance it

I've been using Jarodd's sliders but consistently check in on these sliders and JoshC's and I haven't had an issue with the CPU not taking shots deep. I've played 2 games against CPU since the patch and Buffalo went deep to Watkins when he was left alone on a CB and both times it resulted in a deep DPI penalty that setup scores. Last game against Dallas they tried to go deep to Dez Bryant a couple times with one resulting in a pick. I think theres a delicate balance between PBK and the CPU throwing deep, the QB is so sensitive to "feeling" pressure that they will start to look underneath the coverage and that leads to no deep shots when the CPU's offensive line isnt the greatest. Buffalo had 2 or 3 guys with 90 PBK and Dallas still has a really good line so they were able to give the QB time, thus the long shots downfield. I dont think the QB Accuracy slider has a lot to do with downfield shots myself, I mean if its super low then maybe so as I havent gone below 20 for the CPU, but I think the offensive line play is the key to getting more shots downfield.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #203
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I've been using Jarodd's sliders but consistently check in on these sliders and JoshC's and I haven't had an issue with the CPU not taking shots deep. I've played 2 games against CPU since the patch and Buffalo went deep to Watkins when he was left alone on a CB and both times it resulted in a deep DPI penalty that setup scores. Last game against Dallas they tried to go deep to Dez Bryant a couple times with one resulting in a pick. I think theres a delicate balance between PBK and the CPU throwing deep, the QB is so sensitive to "feeling" pressure that they will start to look underneath the coverage and that leads to no deep shots when the CPU's offensive line isnt the greatest. Buffalo had 2 or 3 guys with 90 PBK and Dallas still has a really good line so they were able to give the QB time, thus the long shots downfield. I dont think the QB Accuracy slider has a lot to do with downfield shots myself, I mean if its super low then maybe so as I havent gone below 20 for the CPU, but I think the offensive line play is the key to getting more shots downfield.

I was debating to try out jarrod set. Curious, what set of his are you using? I know he has like 4 of them.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #204
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Exactly. I really hope this gets reverted to how it was pre patch, but I ain't holding my breath.

We can hope but I doubt it will get changed.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #205
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
How's QBA on Jarrods sets post patch? I had it perfect until this patch dropped, idk what to do now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 02:42 PM   #206

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
I was debating to try out jarrod set. Curious, what set of his are you using? I know he has like 4 of them.

Green, plays pretty well for the most part. Its hard for me to give a lot of feedback as my defense is a 95 so I should be able to stop a lot of teams with some regularity. Offensively I'm a 95 as well so again, should have some success moving the ball more often then other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
How's QBA on Jarrods sets post patch? I had it perfect until this patch dropped, idk what to do now.

It's non existant, I havent seen a single errant throw from the CPU or myself in the 2 games Ive played post patch. The completion percentages are only effected now by drops and throw aways which is unfortunate. Two seasons ago I thought I could get away with Brett Hundley at QB and saw some pretty brutal throws that would cost me points on drives so upgraded to Alex Smith last season and had errant passes still but not anywhere near the consistency as before with Hundley and was able to win the Super Bowl. This season I picked up Dak Prescott in free agency to be my starter and he didnt miss a throw week 1 and his ratings arent drastically better then Hundley's were.

I've given up on getting errant throws, there isnt a miracle slider setting out there that will cause it as the game itself is tuned this way. At this point all I can do is try and get the coverage tight but not overly tight and count on deflections and drops to keep the completion percentages in a realistic area.

EDIT - I should also add that the whole PBK concept I mentioned earlier will also allow the CPU to let more routes develop and throw into that 15 yard range more often. I got burned on a deep in route last game when I was focusing on Dez Bryant and the receiver opposite side of the field was left wide open. Like I said, its a delicate balance between wanting to generate realistic pressure but still having those plays when the line gives the QB time, lets the routes develop and can take that shot downfield. In the end if we can generate pressure quickly the CPU's only real option is to check down as the other routes cant develop, do that enough early in the game and they will abandon even calling those routes and everything will turn into slants, hitches and drag routes over and over again. Find that balance and they will continue to call plays that have a deeper option and given the time and a favorable situation and they will most definitely take that shot from what Ive seen.

Last edited by The Chef; 10-09-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #207
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Green, plays pretty well for the most part. Its hard for me to give a lot of feedback as my defense is a 95 so I should be able to stop a lot of teams with some regularity. Offensively I'm a 95 as well so again, should have some success moving the ball more often then other teams.

It's non existant, I havent seen a single errant throw from the CPU or myself in the 2 games Ive played post patch. The completion percentages are only effected now by drops and throw aways which is unfortunate. Two seasons ago I thought I could get away with Brett Hundley at QB and saw some pretty brutal throws that would cost me points on drives so upgraded to Alex Smith last season and had errant passes still but not anywhere near the consistency as before with Hundley and was able to win the Super Bowl. This season I picked up Dak Prescott in free agency to be my starter and he didnt miss a throw week 1 and his ratings arent drastically better then Hundley's were.

I've given up on getting errant throws, there isnt a miracle slider setting out there that will cause it as the game itself is tuned this way. At this point all I can do is try and get the coverage tight but not overly tight and count on deflections and drops to keep the completion percentages in a realistic area.

I might give them a shot. I am no where near being the greatest at all madden.

I mean it is annoying there isn't errant throws anymore and there no difference from Tom Brady and a guy like Blaine Gabbert, but I guess the deflections, drops, etc will make up for it. If anything, I can look past it and someone drops a ball, in my head I can be like "Oh, so and so, overthrew the ball." Etc. it sucks, but I can manage with it.

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 10-09-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #208

The Chef's Arena

Hate to keep posting lol but just went back and looked over the few videos I took last game and noticed that the CPU did actually throw a couple errant passes if you can call it that. The CPU basically tried to throw an out and a slant too early and it was thrown into the ground and another time they tried to throw a curl too early and it bounced off the receivers hands, so its not robo QB for sure but not quite the errant passes like I was seeing prior to the patch.

In the end I wouldnt go ultra low with the PBK slider, I think that leads to a lot of the robo QB, auto checkdowns issue. I had it at 10 and saw WAY too many checkdowns, moved it to 15 and its a better balance and Im guessing if I were to move it to 20 it would get a little better again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »