Home

Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #17
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

Matt,

So happy to see you try your hand at Madden 18 sliders! I'm a loyal follower of the OS community sliders for FIFA. Unfortunately this year, Madden has taken a back seat to NBA2K18 and PES 2018 for me and FIFA 18 is right around the corner. But I will be looking at your Madden 18 sliders as soon as I have some free time. Best of luck to you for testing. You're a definite force multiplier for this community in regard to sliders.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks for giving them a shot. How did you find the CPU QB play? Run game, etc?

Pretty good I didn't see any real issues the computer struggled to run the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #19
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Played week 3 49ers vs Rams. I lost this one haha. 10-31. It was a really close game all the way up until the 4th and their defense just shut me down and made some really good plays. QB play was really good! I saw one Statue QB but besides that, Goff made plays with his feet, rolled out, avoid the pass rush, threw the ball away, it was really nice! CPU running game was about average I guess. Gurley had 20 carries 84 yards and a TD from a yard out. Coverage is a lot better than past slider sets I've tried and played with. Not sure if this will be a repetitive thing, but it seemed the Rams defense of line lacked getting the push on my offense of line and gave me all sorts of time to throw. It only happened maybe 3 or 4 times so I am not complaining too much.

Based off a single game so more sample size is definitely needed and more variety of teams. After one game I was quite pleased with what you've done Matt! I'll keep up the testing!

Old 09-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Donny
Watching the video, it's hard to believe that's on Pro. It looks like the CPU has some brain power! The only thing that worries me is that the running game looks pretty wide open from the user side. Maybe I'm just used to getting stuffed every play (Vikings O-Line is bad), but when I get some time maybe I'll plug these in to try.
Glad to hear that. Yeah, it's fun when the CPU offense actually works.

I would say I was surprised in this game on how I was able to run. That hasn't been the case. I think it may have been a combo of the modifying fatigue value. May have to keep an eye on it though. Let me know your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Matt,

So happy to see you try your hand at Madden 18 sliders! I'm a loyal follower of the OS community sliders for FIFA. Unfortunately this year, Madden has taken a back seat to NBA2K18 and PES 2018 for me and FIFA 18 is right around the corner. But I will be looking at your Madden 18 sliders as soon as I have some free time. Best of luck to you for testing. You're a definite force multiplier for this community in regard to sliders.
Thanks, man. Definitely give it a look. I'm glad to have a decent...newer...football game to play
Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Played week 3 49ers vs Rams. I lost this one haha. 10-31. It was a really close game all the way up until the 4th and their defense just shut me down and made some really good plays. QB play was really good! I saw one Statue QB but besides that, Goff made plays with his feet, rolled out, avoid the pass rush, threw the ball away, it was really nice! CPU running game was about average I guess. Gurley had 20 carries 84 yards and a TD from a yard out. Coverage is a lot better than past slider sets I've tried and played with. Not sure if this will be a repetitive thing, but it seemed the Rams defense of line lacked getting the push on my offense of line and gave me all sorts of time to throw. It only happened maybe 3 or 4 times so I am not complaining too much.

Based off a single game so more sample size is definitely needed and more variety of teams. After one game I was quite pleased with what you've done Matt! I'll keep up the testing!

Thanks for checking them out, MVP.

Yeah the statue QB will show up once, maybe twice, but not as often, and not as consecutively as it does on AP or AM.

Yeah, I've recorded footage of when the QB will scramble instead of wait to throw right as soon as they reach the LOS.

How was your run game? Felt it was too easy or not?

Yeah, the Pass blocking still needs to be looked at, but I have found the occasion in which I will get sacked out of no where. I think a lower PBL value can be looked at.

Thanks again, man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #22
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for checking them out, MVP.

Yeah the statue QB will show up once, maybe twice, but not as often, and not as consecutively as it does on AP or AM.

Yeah, I've recorded footage of when the QB will scramble instead of wait to throw right as soon as they reach the LOS.

How was your run game? Felt it was too easy or not?

Yeah, the Pass blocking still needs to be looked at, but I have found the occasion in which I will get sacked out of no where. I think a lower PBL value can be looked at.

Thanks again, man!

The run game was a little easy I thought. It felt like it could be made a little tougher. It is almost perfect in my opinion.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
The run game was a little easy I thought. It felt like it could be made a little tougher. It is almost perfect in my opinion.

Thanks, that shouldn't be too hard to sort out. I'll take a look tonight.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #24
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks, that shouldn't be too hard to sort out. I'll take a look tonight.
I only got a half of play in tonight, but a couple observations:

1. Running game may be just a hair too easy. Hard to tell in such a small sample size and I'm comparing it to getting stonewalled for like 6 games on All Pro, but I was getting 5 ypc pretty easily it felt like. Maybe a couple clicks would tighten it up for me.

2. Passing game I think I could use lower pass block. I was getting 4-6 seconds pretty regularly and was able to complete quite a few 20+ yard passes since their zones couldn't hold up. Again, minor tweaks probably fixes that.

3. CPU run game looked legit! I got hit with a 60 yard run which hasn't happened all year, so that was nice. Feels good to be a little afraid.

4. CPU passing was hit or miss. When their QB made on time throws it was 50/50 on if I'd knock it out or not. I play SS on D and if we covered decent, he'd just eat it and take the sack. That's nothing new as it seems more common on All Pro as you've stated.

Overall I'm gonna finish my game tomorrow hopefully and play another game or two before I think about tweaking, but I think you're onto something with this Pro stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »