Home

Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #2305
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

Main forum is completely and utterly toxic. Such is life on the internet in 2019.

As a bit part madden guy the last 3 years, I can tell you after 2 early access games, that I was immediately drawn into this years game. Gameplay is REALLY strong. A strong defense can really dictate the game.

I loved seeing the AI QB with a nice completion %, but the team only put up a couple FG’s. You can get off the field and keep the game in front of you.

Chomping at the bit to get home and play some more.

Only negative at this point for me: Sim stats, particularly the dreaded QB rush attempts. Supposedly EA is working on a fix but I’m not sure it’s an easy one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #2306
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Main forum is completely and utterly toxic. Such is life on the internet in 2019.

As a bit part madden guy the last 3 years, I can tell you after 2 early access games, that I was immediately drawn into this years game. Gameplay is REALLY strong. A strong defense can really dictate the game.

I loved seeing the AI QB with a nice completion %, but the team only put up a couple FG’s. You can get off the field and keep the game in front of you.

Only negative at this point for me: Sim stats, particularly the dreaded QB rush attempts. Supposedly EA is working on a fix but I’m not sure it’s an easy one.
I agree. I'd probably really love 20 if 19 didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth. And with Franchise being barely expanded on, 20 feels like 19.5 with the gameplay 19 should have had.

I played an H2H game last night and loved how 20 played, even with using SIM rules. Finally saw some blown coverages(Almost like IRL) and had wide open easy TD passes that haven't seen basically ever.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #2307
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11

I agree completely about toxicness in the main thread. I always say stick to those guys you've been following for years or have a very good reputation as being fair. That's where the true impressions come from.

Also the QB rushing stats I think might be a nightmare for EA. We were able to tweak this on Madden 19 PC through Frosty but every time you got it looking good some other sim stat would be off. It wasn't too bad when we got it working good but QB carries seemed off and a few other things. If that's what they have to work with good luck on that.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #2308
Rookie

manthonyarts's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I agree completely about toxicness in the main thread. I always say stick to those guys you've been following for years or have a very good reputation as being fair. That's where the true impressions come from.

Also the QB rushing stats I think might be a nightmare for EA. We were able to tweak this on Madden 19 PC through Frosty but every time you got it looking good some other sim stat would be off. It wasn't too bad when we got it working good but QB carries seemed off and a few other things. If that's what they have to work with good luck on that.
It's interesting that the QB rush stats are off because I definitely have had a few QBs run all over me when facing the CPU. I understand it's two different things but it seems they improved mobile QB CPU game play at least.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #2309
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthonyarts
It's interesting that the QB rush stats are off because I definitely have had a few QBs run all over me when facing the CPU. I understand it's two different things but it seems they improved mobile QB CPU game play at least.
To your point, Lamar Jackson was very much a danger vs me with his legs.

Problem is it’s a HUGE issue. A team like Baltimore or Buffalo, are so tied to their QB’s mobility in the long term, that without those sim stats, both teams will not truly develop as they should.

To be clear I’m not asking for 1000 yard rushers at QB! As it stands guys are finishing with less than 20 carries for the entire season. It’s a sim killer, IMO.

1 more hour and I get to hop back on. Will throw my next game on twitch for anyone maybe on the fence!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:46 PM   #2310
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
It is very early, but I was highly impressed with gameplay.

CPU Lamar Jackson played like IRL Lamar Jackson.

A rainy slippery Hard Rock Stadium made for a lot of inaccurate passes from the 2nd year rising star, so he used his legs and chewed me up for over 90 yards on the ground including a TD scamper that displayed his agility and track star speed.

On Mark Ingram’s first carry he gashed me for a 75 yard plus TD run.

Rookie Marquise Brown had a dazzling 70 plus yard punt return.

I was down 28-3 but managed to storm back behind Fitzmagic (Dolphins vs Ravens). He ended up with 3 TD passes 0 ints and over 500 yards in an incredible second half. We ended up losing 35-32.

The game is buttery smooth.

Keep in mind my play style.

Offense from the zoom camera and defensive from the defense cam and no switch.

No switch defense is a critical component of how I play and why the AI will perform much better.

They can’t handle switch defense from the human on All-Pro and All-Madden is flat out boosted CPU cheese.

I already have a great feel of what oh so slight slider adjustments I can begin testing.

As well as All-Pro plays at default it still needs a little of my tweaks to get it exactly where I like in terms of tackling, animations and penalties.

But so far my early impression:

Easily a greatly improved game over the very solid 19.

Gameplay is absolutely better!

Legit AI pass rush

Madden 16 CPU QB AI is back

And.....no more super LB’s.

The new passing trajectories are a thing of beauty!!!

Seeing legit chip blocking from the TE’s and RB’s

X-Factors are fantastic and must be accounted for at the LOS!!

Game has potential to be the best Madden yet. And if EA sticks to limited patching as they stated.....wow. Very happy so far.

The new Madden 20 slider thread is going up today folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I’ve only played one game, but couldn’t agree more with your thoughts based on what I saw. I am really excited to get home and start my Philly franchise.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #2311
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

About to fire up another Test CFM game and stream it live!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »