Home

Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread

8/17 UPDATE
Lots of stuff. Also notes that he was working on an equal base all pro set.

This is just how it sent the email. Kept the old sliders and emails below it. These end when you see a long line of *********

From Playmakers
Updated to increase the difficulty of gameplay now that we've had time to adjust to the game since it's release. I focused on the CPU Defense looking to allow the sliders to present a long term challenge within Franchise play as the Human player will eventually get better.

NO SWITCH RULE IS RECOMENDED WITH THESE SLIDERS BUT NOT MANDATORY. I LIKE IT TO UTILIZE IT BECAUSE IT FORCES ME TO TRUST MY AI TEAMMATES TO DO THEIR OWN THING.

ON FIELD VOLUME AND ANNOUNCER VOLUME IS SET LOW FOR
ME BECAUSE IT JUST SEEMS TO MAKE THE GAME MORE FLUID ON THE FIELD.

12 minute quarters & 18 second runoff
ALL ASSISTS are OFF
Pro Level Simulation Sliders
Slow Speed

Injuries - 15
Fatigue - 60
Player Speed Parity Scale - 0, 25 or 100 (users choice. They all work, pick which one feels best)

Gameplay
Left is human, right cpu

QB Accuracy - 20/65 (Those with better stick skills should drop this to 10)
Pass Blocking - 5/55
WR Catching - 50/50
Run Blocking - 100/100 (This eliminates the AI from standing around blocking air)
Fumbles - 5/55

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 25/60
Interceptions - 35/60 (If you struggle to pass reduce CPU INT slider down to 45)
Pass Coverage - 35/70
Tackling - 15/55 (This will be the Base Setting adjust this slider up or down 5 clicks for either side until you find the best balance for your style of play)

FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy -48
Punt Power - 48
Punt Accuracy - 62
Kickoff Power - 50

Penalties
Offside - 90
False Start - 52
Offensive Holding - 55
Defensive Holding - 99
Facemask - 50
Defensive Pass Interference - 99
Illegal Block In The Back - 80
Roughing The Passer - 50

AUTO SUBS (I'm using Tommycoa’s)

Auto subs:
Several options with Running backs
Left is in, right is out
99/96 for teams like the Steelers that have a stud back.
99/97 gives the number 2 a few more carries
99/98 teams like New England that use lots of backs.
****Tommorow Tommycoa will have a chart with all the teams and what their RB should be for a better idea.

Defensive Tackles 95/93
Defensive ends 95/93
All other auto subs default.

Team’s Individual Running Back Auto Subs chart:

***these are for the current rosters. It’ll be different in different seasons and after injuries. If a team doesn’t have but one good back, run 99/96. If they have two good back 99/97. If they have several good backs 99/98/

Bears: 99/96
Why? Two good backs. Howard starts and is the power back in specialty sets, Cohen is third down specialty back. This should give Howard 15+ carries and get cohen in on pass situations for splash plays but cohen will rotate in in 3-6 runs (depends on the effort used in the runs) plays and give Howard a rest. Also if you look at autosubs, you’ll see that cohen is already in a lot of the shotgun formations, so you want Howard to get most of the snaps with the under center sets. 71 rated Cunningham is behind him at power back. So he migh see 1-6 carries or even more if they really ground and pound.

Bengals: 99/97 Bernard (84)and Mixon (82) need to be mixed in and out. Mixon is the power back (75) Bernard the 3rd down (84). This should keep their carries even and give them proper spells so they can be a 1-2 punch.

Bills: 99/97
McCoy 90 rating and ivory 80 rating. Pretty deep with cadet (74)and jones (73). McCoy is 3rd down back and ivory the power back. Cadet backs them both up in this. So you should see 3 backs get snaps and carries possible jones may get a couple. Nice depth for the bills.

Broncos: 99/98
They don’t have a go to guy. Here you want them to be a platoon Shaud and with this rating and the way their default specialty subs are set, you should see lots of backs get carries if the broncos get the run game going.

Browns 99/98
Really like these three backs together. Very underrated squad. Chubb’s the back up power back. All three should get good amount of carries if run game is going with this setting.

Bucs 99/98
This is a lesser version of the Browns. And it’s set up to get the same kind of results, except there’s 4 backs you want to see them use hear. 99/98 should get them all some snaps.

Cards: 99/96
Johnson needs to get the majority of carries because the depth is weaker.

Chargers: 99/97
Gordon should get 70-80 percent of the carries and ekeler should get the rest.

Chiefs: 99/98
Best depth on the game. 90, 80, 79, 79 are how the backs are and this setting should get all of the backs into the game the way their specialty subs are set.

Cowboys-99/97
Elliot gets most of the carries.

Colts 99/97

Dolphins: 99/97
Drake and gore should split the carries with gore the power back and drake the starter and third down guy.

Eagles: 99/98
Lots of good depth and the specialty subs help get them on the field

Falcons: 99/98
Free starts and has the specialty positions sewed up, but Coleman needs to get snaps too.

49ers 99/96
Not much depth past McKinnon. Fullback is power pack.

Giants 99/98
Pretty good depth, the 1 and 2 guys almost have the same ratings.

Jags 99/96
Fournette is formation subbed in the under center plays and Yeldon the shotgun. This helps keep fournette in for those under center plays.

Jets: 99/98
Lots of role players. Starter only starts. The backup is the power bck and 3down guy.

Lions 99/98

Panthers 99/97
Pretty good depth here with specialty subs too.

Packers 99/98

Pats 99/98
They use everybody

Raiders: 99/97
Aging lynch has decent depth

Rams: 99/96
It’s Gurley Gurley Gurley but very little depth TG III should get most of the carries

Ravens 99/97
Good role players on the bench

Redskins 99/97
Pretty good role players even with guide missing. If your roster has guide uninjured, do 99/98

Saints 99/98
They use lots of backs

Seahawks 99/98
Bunch of rile players no star. Get them all out there.

Steelers 99/96
Keep bell on the field as much as possible without wearing him out.

Texans: 99/96
Good starter, decent back up, not very deep.

Titans 99/97
Specialty subs take of these guys.

Vikings: 99/97
Two good guys at the top who split the specialty positions. This should even their carries.

EQUAL BASE ALL PRO SLIDERS ARE BEING WORKED ON....

Original sliders from release day.

12 minute quarters and 18 second runoff
ALL ASSISTS are OFF
Pro Level
0 speed thresh (he’s still testing this)
Game Speed: Slow
Default fatigue
20 Injury

QBA-40/65
PASS BLK-0/50
WR CATCH-50/50
RUN BLK-100/100 (This is lower for now but Cpu will likely get bumped back up after I observe a few more things)
FUMBLE-0/50 (I actually like this at 55 for the CPU but as of now I'm keep this slider at default)

PASS REACTION-25/50
INT-40/65 (I'm going to use this slider as the awareness slider on defense and the reaction and coverage sliders more as a means to stop wr mirroring by the DB's)
PASS COVERAGE-25/50
TKL-0/35 (These are placement settings to reduce the garbage wwe stuff EA has at default I would love to get both sides even lower with the final version)

FG POWER-50
FGA-45
PUNT POWER-45
PUNT ACC-75
KO POWER-50

Using my Penalties:

Offsides. 60
False Start 60
Holding 70
Defensive Holding 99
DPI 99
Block In Back 70
Face Mask 45
Roughing the Passer 50 (qbs scramble like hell if it’s 51)
Latest note from Playmakers on updates:
Will work on penalties and subs later unless someone else has effective settings they'd like to share.

Also I can't decide if I like threshold at 0 or 100 the best. 100 made things really tough to get any seoeration at times and on 0 I've seen guys in the open field just blow by the defense

Initial email by playmakers:
Again I haven't messed with penalties or subs just been using the settings you sent me. Give these a shot and take feedback from others to determine if we've smoothed out gameplay and the animations a bit more from the default settings.

Just got this email from Playmakers about gameplay and running game:

Hey man I'm not sure if you tried this yet but I played a few games on pro level last night and put the tackle slider at 0 and just like clock work it opened up all kinds of organic gameplay.

Now there's a rumor that you got to go in edit running backs in order for them to run the ball but that's not true

With the tackle slider at 0 I saw better vision and appropriate moves at the right time for the running backs this was single player mode vs the computer

I think the tackle slider up high causes unnatural warping to the ball by defenders and it somehow triggers the cpu running backs to use moves that are not needed because they are thinking defenders are close to them

The zero tackle slider programs them to react at the right time when a defender is truly about to engage with them.

I had run block at 70 with slow speed and 100 threshold. I may increase run block slightly because I still saw defenders getting off blocks way too fast

Pro level to me has always been the level where if you break down sliders right you'll get some amazing gameplay and a higher slider setting for the computer make them play over board for example with qba at 70 the cpu qb will still have off target throws but his awareness on the field stays strong.

This level just seems to make players do more natural things without going over the top of being unrealistic

I'm going to play more this evening but I'm loving the human tackling at 0 on pro level will also test computer operating with a lower tackle slider.

PLAYMAKERS TALKS ABOUT WHY EVEN TEAMS IS TURNED ON

Most NFL games are close because the talent level is closer as opposed to college

Having said that equal teams haven't given any qb' s a bump up in performance or decline in the games I've played with it on.

Ultimately after a month or two on pro or all pro your going to get better at the game and with a lesser team on paper your still either going beat good teams or play them close to the vest because it's still Madden and sliders dictate gameplay more so than ratings in human vs cpu mode

Now if your looking for the best gameplay where ratings matter the most only cpu vs cpu mode will give that to you because there is no human influence involved

Also I forgot to mention for those who can't recall as with all my sliders I still highly recommend the no switch rule on defense because you can't control every thing your other defenders do on the field so I'm that aspect then yes I'm letting the ratings control the other 10 defenders on the field with me.

PLAYMAKERS GENERAL IMPRESSIONS:
This game is beautiful but it reminds me Madden 13 when they implemented a new gameplay physics thing but it led to whack animations at times.

I see guys ghosting into each other sometimes and the player models look a little off like for example Barry Sanders on the Madden legends team doesn't look short and stocky he looks tall and slender

You should try a few games vs the legends they have some Good players like Deion, Rice, Young and even Larry Allen on that roster

I've been using them for now to get my classic fix in lol

More to come...

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-24-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread

I am interested in seeing some Pro sliders. I think some of the All Pro sliders are great and heading in the right direction, but feel that something is still missing. Maybe Pro gives a different aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Rookie

The GOAT Playmaker!
Old 08-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Playmakers and Tommy = Priceless
Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Using Matt’s sliders with Tackle at 0

On Pro seeing some good stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Funny seeing this thread now because I did the same thing this am, but even took it a step further by lowering EVERYTHING except QBA and WRC to ZERO. It's a work in progress, but the game has a ton of potential.

You'd think with Pass Coverage and Reaction at 0 you'd get these wide open shoot outs. Nope. They still read and react well. Not sure if it's the pass sliders or the interception slider at 0, but I can actually complete passes over the LBs, because they aren't leaping and breaking everything up.

It's not a final set because I still think some tweaking needs to be done to the pass/run blocking, but it's a start.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Funny seeing this thread now because I did the same thing this am, but even took it a step further by lowering EVERYTHING except QBA and WRC to ZERO. It's a work in progress, but the game has a ton of potential.

You'd think with Pass Coverage and Reaction at 0 you'd get these wide open shoot outs. Nope. They still read and react well. Not sure if it's the pass sliders or the interception slider at 0, but I can actually complete passes over the LBs, because they aren't leaping and breaking everything up.

It's not a final set because I still think some tweaking needs to be done to the pass/run blocking, but it's a start.
I think it’s both the INT and the DEF Pass Reaction working together. The INT is kind of the brain of the defense, much like the QB ACC slider is for offense.

Good ideas. Share what happens. Looking forward.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Combination of these with Matt I’m finding some good stuff. Actually lowered to pro using the combination of two sliders and tackle at 0. Man I’m having a game right now. Dak is severely making me pay when I go to zone because he’s running the ball. Yeah tackling at zero can cause guys get struck the little bit but the animations are great. Sometimes when you find a combination of sets and what works for you it’s great. Kudos to you guys doing a great job and continue testing because by now I would’ve normally been waiting to trade this game in but there’s really some good stuff here.

All I ask for is a game that can make me just match during the game and finally even if it’s Madden I can do that from time to time.

I never used to pay attention to ratings but now the more comfortable I get with the game I’m really paying attention to them and they matter. I’m using the Panthers and Olsen is killing the Cowboys. CPU has now shifted coverage to him and it’s opening up my passing game for other people because his match up was the one I was able to exploit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »