Home

SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #65
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY

Another trait as far as fumbles go is, if the HBs have the brace for all hits they wont fumble at a realistic rate IMO this needs to be either brace for medium or big hits or even try it on never for low rated HBs

I was working on the fights for extra yards too but I really didnt see too much of a difference other than I thought WRs transistion from catch to run after catch slightly smoother.

So far I havent found the correct combo of traits to make a mobile QB scramble realistically

Another trait I liked was turning off the clutch trait for almost everyone , since it seems to work like the high motor trait but in less situations, So I was only leaving it on for WRs rated 85 or higher because it will allow them to make catches in tighter coverage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Only thing I think I didnt like about it was you would get a lot of the strip fumble animation a lot more than I liked.
This plays out a lot when a receiver makes a catch in traffic. It's a canned animation where the defender rips the ball out. For that reason I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing.

Quote:
Another trait as far as fumbles go is, if the HBs have the brace for all hits they wont fumble at a realistic rate IMO this needs to be either brace for medium or big hits or even try it on never for low rated HBs.
I think this would be more promising.

Can't say I've really seen any benefit, where HBs are concerned, with the fights for extra yards. It might help them "push" forward when being tackled, but not sure.

Quote:
So far I havent found the correct combo of traits to make a mobile QB scramble realistically.
I don't think traits will necessarily help with this. It may very well be something EA has to fix, like they did last year, or more tied to attributes.

Clutch is a tricky one. Martz28 I think you are right about it being like High Motor, only in specific situations. I've come across some previous discussion about how it works and when I have more time will be doing a new writeup on my current setup and rationale, I also want a few more test games to ensure things continue to play out the way they have been.

One last point, I'm not in favor of assigning traits based on OVR. My reasoning is that you will have to continue to monitor players in case they progress or regress, just more then I care to do at this point.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #67
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz28
Another trait as far as fumbles go is, if the HBs have the brace for all hits they wont fumble at a realistic rate IMO this needs to be either brace for medium or big hits or even try it on never for low rated HBs

I was working on the fights for extra yards too but I really didnt see too much of a difference other than I thought WRs transistion from catch to run after catch slightly smoother.

So far I havent found the correct combo of traits to make a mobile QB scramble realistically

Another trait I liked was turning off the clutch trait for almost everyone , since it seems to work like the high motor trait but in less situations, So I was only leaving it on for WRs rated 85 or higher because it will allow them to make catches in tighter coverage
I turn clutch off for all. I dont like the clutch trait determining outcomes alone. Plus the cpu is already juiced on All Madden.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #68
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yeah, a definite option. Cant remember if I tested that last yr or this yr with all defenders having the strip trait on. Only thing I think I didnt like about it was you would get a lot of the strip fumble animation a lot more than I liked.

I tried a few games with it on and it was bad. So many instances that should be catches end up in a tackle/strip or fumble.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:03 AM   #69
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Saw your most recent post on another thread. About qb movement I have senses pressure to the type they are. Example:scrambler is oblivious,etc.. For pass cover I have at 21. This will have the better plays press and stick like glue. As for te getting alot of balls thrown their way. I created a number of Custom Playbooks such as pro type,spread ,etc. and it really helps in playcall in and gameplay. Hope this assists because I have certainly picked up a number of tips from you
Old 12-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you sharing. With your adjustments to the game, are you seeing CPU QBs turn their backs away from the LOS when a rusher gets any level of pressure?
Old 12-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #71
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Very little, overall better pocket presence and movement. This may be because of the way I approach things and the way I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #72
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

So is everyone still turning the high motor trait and clutch trait OFF for everyone? I know there’s been a few updates since this thread had been posted

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »