Home

Let's Fix the CPU Run Game

This is a discussion on Let's Fix the CPU Run Game within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Let's Fix the CPU Run Game

I've personally decided that this game is essentially unplayable, at least for me, until the CPU running backs run like they are supposed to. I am going to be testing this weekend on how I can accomplish this with sliders/settings, but I figured I would make a dedicated post so this can become a community effort. Excited to hear what you all have to say!

Note: I personally am only willing to adjust sliders and settings. I will not be considering any trait or ratings edits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Let's Fix the CPU Run Game

I think what you are attempting is great, however, I gotta say.....trying to do it with ONLY slider edits will drive you crazy. Just my opinion brotha, but you will HAVE to edit ratings/traits also to get where you wanna be. It sucks. We should NOT have to do so much just to get a semblance of a CPU running game.....but, its this or NOTHING obviously. Makes it even worse when you see how much they have improved OTHER parts of the game, so you know all it really takes is for the devs to WANT to concentrate on and improve that facet of the game. Good luck buddy!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
I've personally decided that this game is essentially unplayable, at least for me, until the CPU running backs run like they are supposed to. I am going to be testing this weekend on how I can accomplish this with sliders/settings, but I figured I would make a dedicated post so this can become a community effort. Excited to hear what you all have to say!

Note: I personally am only willing to adjust sliders and settings. I will not be considering any trait or ratings edits.
Totally agree. I've downloaded rosters and settings so many times. I never make it through a game, it becomes so frustrating, watching the backs cut away from open field, into defenders. Before the patch, the running game on arcade was actually what the running game should be, but post patch, that's even been ruined.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I think what you are attempting is great, however, I gotta say.....trying to do it with ONLY slider edits will drive you crazy. Just my opinion brotha, but you will HAVE to edit ratings/traits also to get where you wanna be. It sucks. We should NOT have to do so much just to get a semblance of a CPU running game.....but, its this or NOTHING obviously. Makes it even worse when you see how much they have improved OTHER parts of the game, so you know all it really takes is for the devs to WANT to concentrate on and improve that facet of the game. Good luck buddy!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app

The reason I am not doing traits and ratings is that it not only takes too much time to implement, but also these are franchise mode based and the process of getting full rosters+draft classes... even if I am just editing teams when I play them, I would still rather just play the game. We will see what we can come up with, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-13-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Wait, you're saying keeping Gordon to -19 yds on the game wasn't my awesome Run D skills?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 03:28 AM   #6
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
Wait, you're saying keeping Gordon to -19 yds on the game wasn't my awesome Run D skills?

I’m not saying it isn’t.... but I’m not not saying it isn’t lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Good luck. Doubtful it'll happen though. Lots of traits have to be edited on the HB's, the O line and the D line. Doing so makes it a lot better - still weak, but better.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

90 Run block with 60 Threshold is getting me some nice results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »