Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #177
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

8/4/19 - As I continue to refine the set, the feedback received has been fantastic. I really appreciate it. Watching some streams and reading the posts, it seems there is some room for improvement in some areas. The concept of improving them is one thing, the execution is another. The key is keeping the "ethos" of the set intact. I believe I've been able to do that with VERSION 6 below, which will address certain gameplay and penalty based issues.
Just finishing my first game with these sliders **version 5** (13 minute quarters with 15 second runoff). A lot of positives here, have a lengthy review of my "small sample size" test. Cant wait to finish the exciting game. Will post box score with a lengthy thoughts post afterwards. Then I will continue to play same teams same scenarios (franchise) another 4 games and see what a 5 game average looks like. Well done though
Old 08-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Slider Update Log

8/4/19 - As I continue to refine the set, the feedback received has been fantastic. I really appreciate it. Watching some streams and reading the posts, it seems there is some room for improvement in some areas. The concept of improving them is one thing, the execution is another. The key is keeping the "ethos" of the set intact. I believe I've been able to do that with VERSION 6 below, which will address certain gameplay and penalty based issues.

QB Accuracy: 35/20 (prev: 30/20)
• I've bumped this up for the user QB just a tad because they were starting to miss some very easy short route passes. Missing is fine, but missing by several yards started to look a bit comical. Most misthrows IRL are miscommunication type throws, so I wanted to establish this a bit more. The coverage by the CPU is much better than the user, especially on All-Madden, so the bump up is supported imho.

Run Blocking: 48/48 (prev: 50/50)
• This value gets a drop because of the following penalty slider of Offensive Holding going down to 45 from 50. I will explain the holding adjustment in its spot, but I was planning on this adjustment the second I went to 85 threshold. The reason for this is the OL gets up the field a bit too quickly and easily, which sometimes helps or hurts the play unfolding.With this adjustment, they stick to their goal, but they will face their own resistance (depending on the defense) before just casually moving along. Makes for some really great OL/DL interaction.

Penalties

Offensive Holding: 45 (prev: 50)
• One of the key changes from Version 5 is dropping Offensive Holding to 45. The reason for this is because it will help address certain areas, in particular:

- Screen passes & RPOs: felt they were losing their effectiveness with pass block so low, now this holding value allows that extra couple of seconds for the OL to set up their blocks, but not completely automatic.

- Run and Pass Game: Overall helps the run game just a tad to increase the chances of a more realistic YPC, but not so much it's gone automatic. I like the animations that play out as well because there is a holding animation for a brief moment. I've seen them get called still with no problem. The Pass game shows good things too because the sack artists, with whatever Superstar Abilities they have, are still a threat due to the PBL gameplay slider values. They're not overpowered to the point of getting 8 sacks in a game though.
Face Mask: 45 (prev: 50)
• In a perfect world, I could drop this down to the 45, which I've done, and be done with it. The problem is that it created too many issues in tackling, so I would be forced to raising the TAK value again. I didn't want to do that because I like the risk/reward of tackles at 48, so instead dropping this was still the choice, but had to compensate with lowering the offensive holding which will help the angles tackles are taken to be more momentum based versus head on, drilled down and backwards. Still happens, but not so much that it's unrealistic imho.

Defensive PI: 55 (prev: 50)
• This is a value I really wanted to raise at a certain point in the set, but had to make sure it did not negatively affect the coverage. Glad to see it does not, and it does make up for the lower amount of offensive holding and facemask calls. To me, it's a pivotal penalty to have in the game and one that happens a lot IRL.

Ineligible Receiver Downfield (In-Game Pause Menu): Set to "ON" in-game
• I've mentioned other penalty values should be on, but this one seems to default to "Off" when you've started any Franchise game. So, to ensure there is no discrepancy, make sure ot keep this on throughout. So that means in MM and the CFM paused menu. Very strange, but not surprised with Madden 20's discrepancies this year.

Wow, thankful for the QB help because I'm getting brutalised by short pass interceptions. Rosen leads league in Atts and Yards because we suck, can't run and always chasing.
Currently 1-5 (Beat PATS!) and getting killed with turnovers returned for TDs and zero pass rush and coverage.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsG STyLes
Hey wats up matt10 one question penalties sliders in MM or in CFM or both??

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey man - both would be preferred. If you set them in the MM, you can just use the import option in CFM.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #180
Pro

Quote:
Hey man - both would be preferred. If you set them in the MM, you can just use the import option in CFM.
Great thx for the quick reply

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #181
Rookie

CallMeMcCringleberry's Arena

Hey does anyone know of any good auto subs to use for this years game? Matt I'm not sure if you've worked on anything for autosubs yet this year but I've searched far and wide online and cant find a single thing for autosubs yet for this years game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #182
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

I played a whole 16 game season with the panthers. Did not sim a single snap , I played every down. These are the stats I got

Cam Newton - 3,942 Yards / 32 TDs / 21 int / Sacked 62 Times

To start off - everything about those stats are great. I threw 21 ints because I am an average player. Probably would be less if I tried harder. BUT , way to many sacks. WAY TO MANY. I understand quaterbacks get pressured but the throw away animation takes to long to happen. If you have a slow qb and you get pressured you are most likely getting sacked. Cameron Jordan had 6 sacks in 1 game. That's way to many. Cameron Jordan is a phenomenal player but not 6 sacks a game. I get the ball out quick. Never hold the ball longer than 3 seconds. I throw short when i play against the top edge rushers in the league. I raised the pass block to 70 and still got sacked 4 times. The league average last year was 1.8 sacks a game. Im getting sacked 3.8 times a game. That's way to OP. Deshaun Watson got sacked 62 times because that OL is garbage. The Panthers OL is no where near as bad as the Texans. Newton got sacked 29 times last year. I doubled that in this 16 game season. One other issue. THE FUMBLES!!! Way to many, Cam Newton fumbled 6 times last year on 101 rush attempts and 471 pass attempts. In my league he fumbled 15 times. On 115 rush attempts and 500 pass attempts. That's more than double on average. My conclusion is that the CPU gets an upgrade in pass rushing, interceptions and forced fumbles. You have to raise or lower those to get to realistic stats. I played with 50 QB Accuracy for 16 games , played every down and had a 63 percent at the end of the year. If you play on 35 qb accuracy you will be in the 50s. Which is nathan peterman. This is just the stats I got and what I think. These are my sliders.

CPU

QB Accurcy - 50 ( This is all depending on how you play defense and make adjustments. This doesn't affect the players completion percentage, your defense affects that. Most QBs can be accurate on most throws. But if you play good D you will see swats and dropped balls. Which lowers the QB completion percentage )

Pass Blocking - 45 ( we had 30 sacks on defense which is really close to their real life amount last year. Lowered it by 5 to get closer to that real life stat)

WR Catch -50 ( Perfect at 50. Perfect amount of drops , players over 90 will have great catches and barely drop it )

Run Block - 50 ( Alvin Kamara and the other elite RBS I played had great games but when I played a team with a bad rb they struggled to get 50 rush yards)

fumbles- 55( Last year the panthers as a team had 13 forced fumbles , in my 16 game league my whole team had 19 )

Reaction time - 50 ( Absolutely perfect here , bad passing teams cant throw , good passing teams will throw over 300 )

Int - 25 ( I threw 21 int with newton in 16 games. Last year he played 14 games and had 13. I played 16 games and he had 21. Would have been lower if I didn't make arrant passes. 25 is a great number for this slider )

Pass coverage- 50 ( read reaction time)

Tackling - 50( this is all based on your players overall and their break tackle rating , i had McCaffrey and he broke plenty of tackles on 50. I would keep this at 45 - 50 based on your playing experience)

USER

QB Accuracy - 50 ( I cannot stress how important it is to have this number at 50. Any lower and Tom Brady will throw like a 79 Overall. Cam Newton is an 84 overall and his completion percentage was 63%. That number is absolutely perfect. He plays like a 84 ovr on 50 pass accuracy. If you lower this any , then your good quaterbacks with an high overall will play like trash.)

Pass Blocking - 75 ( this has to be raised from 50 , I was sacked 62 times on 50 pass block. Cam newton was sacked 29 times in 14 games. That's an average of 2 sacks a game. I was at 4 sacks a game. It doesn't matter how good your offensive line is , if you dont raise this you will be sacked WAY to much)

WR Catching - 50 ( I wanted to raise this so bad because I was seeing a good amount of drops but then I realized I was throwing to a 81 ovr , 78 ovr and a 76 ovr. With these low overall players they aren't going to catch everything. Remember this is realistic. )

Run Blocking - 50 ( So good here , doesn't even need an explanation. ITS PERFECT )

Fumbles - 60 ( The CPU has a boost over making you fumbles. If you dont raise this to 60 you will fumble 2 -3 times a game which is was unrealistic )

Reaction time- 50 ( The superstar players play like stars , I would recommend not throwing to the person they are covering. Bad players slack on covering most routes )

INT - 50 ( this is so important, just because the CPU int is at 25 doesn't mean you put user at 25. On all madden the CPU gets a boost. If you keep the CPU at 25 and user at 50 that is realistic. I had the perfect amount of int in my league at 50 , the most 1 player had was 3. That's at 50 but 25 )
Pass coverage - 50

Tackling - 50 ( If you try to hit stick every tackle they will most likely juke you or break it. You have to be smart and make conservative tackles. They normally go down on the 1st tackle. Unless your usering a really bad player )

Speed parity - 55 ( 50 is also great but i saw a little to much scoring and yards , put it at 55 and its makes a great difference. If youbRe scoring over 30 points a game with a team that is a 78 ovr then it's to easy. Raise the speed parity to make it more difficult. Raising the speed parity gives less yards and less scoring. )
Old 08-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #183
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMcCringleberry
Hey does anyone know of any good auto subs to use for this years game? Matt I'm not sure if you've worked on anything for autosubs yet this year but I've searched far and wide online and cant find a single thing for autosubs yet for this years game
I haven't dipped into it as much yet. Not until I feel good about the sliders on the most recent set. Getting closer though as I've reached a 10 game sample size with no real issues. Surprised to not see any auto-sub threads yet tbh.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #184
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

Also 1 more note. The game and players are tested on 50 Speed Parity. If you raise or lower that then it will play less like the actual player. Tyreek hill is the fastest player in the game. If you have speed parity at 90 then slow players will be able to follow him down field every play. That's not realistic.
Tyreek is great because he can catch but mainly because his speed is almost unguardable. The more you change the sliders from default the less it will play realistic. But on all madden the CPU has boost in 3 areas so you have to raise it to be realistic for those 3 areas. Every other area stays at 50 to get the players rating to be realistic. If you are the dolphins and you use my realistic sliders , your team will be trash. So dont get mad because you are 6-0 and average 400 yards a game with Rosen. That's not realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »