Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2019, 11:59 PM   #817
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busforever
I always hesitate between decreasing QBA and WR catching or increasing D with pass cov and pass reaction. I'd like to know more precisely how those ratings affect the gameplay. Ex: if we decrease QBA, does it mean the QB will throw deep less often? I don't want that. Does the WR catching affects the way the QB chooses his target? With pass pro: if the QB has more pressure, does it means he will constantly throw to his safety valve (aka roboQB again) or will he simply have more precipited bad throws?

How about effects of pass reaction and pass coverage?

In my last game against Garopolo (I was the Steelers), he first threw many roboQB passes, then added much more variety in second half. In the end, same as you, 70%, 350 yards. I think it's too much.

Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this! Sucks when you try to build a defensive-focused franchise.

I’ve had the same concerns as you when it comes to unexpected side effects of slider changes. I don’t know nearly enough about what each slider affects to test very efficiently and I hate constantly changing them during one of my franchises as it takes away from the organic feeling of a football season. Going to experiment a bit with lowered CPU catching, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2019, 12:04 AM   #818
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

=================================
Slider Update Log
=================================

8/26/19 - All right, all right. Been a bit of a siege on Madden, and replaying the same 4 games for the last 7 hours or so. Explored everything, just to make sure things weren't way off the mark. Let me clear that up, everything meaning what is in the set, and not outside of the bounds of penalty values - except for one of course.

I took in some feedback, and it was definitely tricky because the animation that was brought up from a few users was concerning. I hadn't seen it before, until intentionally tried to force it as follows:

It's fairly clear the reaction bug has a couple levels to it:

1. Tackle/Bat/Interception decision making: go in for the tackle, deflect the ball or intercept.
2. Two man animations: DB vs WR, animation to bat ball down or intercept will appear, but add in a 2nd DB, they are the ones who will stay still essentially.
3. Ball trajectory. Floated passes over LBs result in the same animation for the DBs. They appear helpless, even though the ball is a couple feet above their heads.
4. When the QB is hit, but still manages to get the ball out. If the ball goes high in the air, the DB/LB will freeze. They can't locate the ball for some reason. They will initiate a tackle animation as soon as the receiver tries to catch the ball.
So, the "fix" wasn't anything directly to do with sliders, but more so ensuring that the attitude was in the right frame of mind by modifying the fatigue slider and lowering the Pass Defense reaction slider back to 50. Now, we get plays like these:

They are definitely not perfect, especially for those who like a pick now and then. However, the reactions are different, but happening where they should. It's not to say the animation is completely gone, but if it does happen, it could be once a game.

Anyway, here's Version 12:

Fatigue: 55 (previous: 50)
• Circling back to this value after spending a long time with other values. It's something I wanted to get back to eventually, and this time it's forced my hand a bit - but not necessarily a bad thing. Instantly seeing a more toned down approach to animations. Subtle tackles are confirmed by a tad more open field missed tackles, and more gang-tackling as a result. In addition, the coverage is respecting the threshold/speed disparity because it respects the stamina of players. No longer are LBs overplaying the sidelines when following on drag routes, which keeps them in the field of play to execute a bat down animation, etc. In addition to the coverage, the fatigue value allows the playcalling to be quite mixed. It essentially forces the CPU to use all their options, and what feels like their playbook. One of the best things I've noticed though is how much more it has toned down the effect of Superstar Abilities, and how the opposition will handle them. For example, I experienced 3 holding calls, each on my RG because he couldn't keep Von Miller in check without holding him. Overall, quite happy with this adjustment, and my fear of players randomly jogging due to their in-play fatigue did not materialize further.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50/50 (previous: 52/52)
• Logically, it sounds like a good idea to jack this value all the way up because the main issue has been reactions to the ball in the air. The problem with that mentality is that the defenders are a bit hyper as a base. They are eager to perform, but to a fault. They overplay their position, and instead of subtlety placing themselves in a position to make a play, they take too sharp of angles to make a play on the receiver - not the ball. Have seen some good animations developer here, including several by the LBs who are in the right spots (for the most part, it is Madden afterall).

Penalties

Intentional Grounding: OFF (previous: On)
• This was used previously to attempt at combatting the QB dropback glitch pre-patch. Now, it's a value that seems to remain in good standing with the QB behavior overall. The issue I had with it previously was more so that I could not give a specific animation that it controls, it is pretty much behavioral more than anything. I think it does separate certain QBs, especially those who like to keep the play alive.

VERSION 12 - Game Settings

Very Important.

As a good practice, please make sure the values in the CFM are the same as they are in the Main Menu. This includes Difficulty level especially. I believe the CPU perceives the USER by the difficulty value they have set in the Main Menu as well as the Franchise. So if you are seeing a lot of Robo QB, make sure you're not set to All Pro in Main Menu, and All Madden in Franchise.

My recommendation is to modify the settings in the Main Menu exactly as posted, then go ahead and use the Import Custom Sliders in the Franchise (CFM > Settings > Gameplay Sliders > Import Custom Sliders).

This way, there is no discrepancy between the two. I have tested this with having a discrepancy and a lot of the poor coverage animations occur, but also the slider values do not seem to carry over the same amount of impact.

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set.

Skill Level: All-Madden | All-Pro (values after the | are for All-Pro)

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 11 minutes
• This is a personal preference. You can use whatever combination of Quarter Length and Acc Clock on/off that suits your style. I take a bit of time to pick plays, but also have noticed that at 9 minutes was getting just shy of 110 plays total. Raised it up and now seeing a good balance of about 130-140, but again play style determines that as well.

Accelerated Clock: On, 15 secs
• Just recently explored this as an option personally. I actually like it, so I think I'm going to implement it into the set. Remember, it's personal preference here.

Superstar Abilities: On
• It took just a bit of time to get more sample size with this on. Certain values on previous versions wouldn't work with this on, but now that the base has been determined, and improved, this can work much better, without the previous big issues such as fumbles and monster, unrealistic, performances.

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On (this is on by default, so I've left it on, can say it doesn't make a difference in terms of attempting to isolate the poor coverage animations).

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 50
• This value is set to 10 as default in the Main Menu settings, yet when you start a Franchise it goes to 50. I've decided to leave it at 50, and I do not regret it. Have seen realistic injuries by not only the usual suspects, but also offensive and defensive lineman, linebackers and defensive backs. Length of time has varied as well. Definitely a keeper.

Fatigue: 55 (previous: 50)
• Circling back to this value after spending a long time with other values. It's something I wanted to get back to eventually, and this time it's forced my hand a bit - but not necessarily a bad thing. Instantly seeing a more toned down approach to animations. Subtle tackles are confirmed by a tad more open field missed tackles, and more gang-tackling as a result. In addition, the coverage is respecting the threshold/speed disparity because it respects the stamina of players. No longer are LBs overplaying the sidelines when following on drag routes, which keeps them in the field of play to execute a bat down animation, etc. In addition to the coverage, the fatigue value allows the playcalling to be quite mixed. It essentially forces the CPU to use all their options, and what feels like their playbook. One of the best things I've noticed though is how much more it has toned down the effect of Superstar Abilities, and how the opposition will handle them. For example, I experienced 3 holding calls, each on my RG because he couldn't keep Von Miller in check without holding him. Overall, quite happy with this adjustment, and my fear of players randomly jogging due to their in-play fatigue did not materialize further.

Speed Disparity Scale: 85
• Raising threshold/speed disparity is a tough pill to swallow considering the animations at 35 were where I wanted. The problem is the space of 35 and even 50, that caused poor attention in coverage - not including the buggy coverage animations of overly hyper DBs and LBs. So, this value gets a big bump to tighten things up, but still allow breathing room when the superstars get hold of the ball.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)

QB Accuracy: 40/30 | 30/45
• All-Madden: CPU QB gets a bump to help them increase their risky throws. Coverage is quite good post-patch, and tight throws need to be made. I've seen, and others experienced, that the CPU offense will stifle sometimes as a result of dumping off passes in critical downs, instead of taking some chances on contested catches.

Pass Blocking: 40/40
• Dropping this back because the penalty value of RTP went back to default.

WR Catch: 45/45
• A slight drop for both to help the receivers who can secure the ball to stand out versus those who shouldn't be able to hold on after absorbing some strip or big tackles. Needed more error in the right spots, but not overdone like it would be values lower.

Run Blocking: 50/50
• For the first time in a while, the CPU runs so well out of the box. It's not just the CPU RB's, it's the defensive backs, and even linebackers. The awareness is out of this world - and a joy to see (even if I've coughed up the football), so I've really not made any changes here.

Fumbles: 55/50
• I mentioned this earlier that post-patch the fumbles are much better managed. I wanted to drop this for the CPU only because I felt the runners were covering up the ball too soon, and not attempting to perform certain skill traits. I wanted to ensure the logic of hitting the hole first was a priority. Yes, fumbles can occur, but like anything there needs to be a risk/reward.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50/50 (previous: 52/52)
• Logically, it sounds like a good idea to jack this value all the way up because the main issue has been reactions to the ball in the air. The problem with that mentality is that the defenders are a bit hyper as a base. They are eager to perform, but to a fault. They overplay their position, and instead of subtlety placing themselves in a position to make a play, they take too sharp of angles to make a play on the receiver - not the ball. Have seen some good animations developer here, including several by the LBs who are in the right spots (for the most part, it is Madden afterall).

Interceptions: 30/30
• Slight bump to interceptions to help the brick hands. They still happen, but the intent is to get them to catch the ball in obvious positions. Think this is the perfect blend.

Pass Coverage: 50/50
• Still no adjustments needed here. Threshold takes care of it, as does the pass defense reactions.

Tackling: 47/47 | 46/48
• A very slight notch down, but makes such a difference. I hate arbitrary numbers as much as anyone, but 48 had a bit too many drive down tackles, and 46 had too many broken tackles. Found that 47, relative to this set, is exactly the best blend of what I want to see. More momentum based tackles that look organic, more gang-tackling, which helps push towards negative or positive yardage.
• All-Pro notes: User TAK bumps down just a tad to allow the CPU to get some angles on their runs, and some more arm tackles versus easy to accomplish solid hits. Love the tackle animations, but also love that the CPU runners are threats in open spaces with this.

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
• They've got the power of the field goals on point, but it's another year of Madden devs misunderstanding how us kickers need HEIGHT on most of our kicks. 99% of NFL kickers can kick the ball well above or in-line with the highest point of the goal posts from 35-45 yards out. Yet, in Madden, they reach mid-height instead. /rant

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• With great power comes great responsibility, and the kicker should feel that pressure no matter how far the kick is.

Punt Power: 44/44
• Dropped down just a couple notches to allow the punt returner some chance to actually return the ball.

Punt Accuracy: 48/48
• Just a small drop here so not every punt is perfectly spinning backwards on its first bounce. Some miss-kicks would be nice too.

Kickoff Power: 50/50
• No changes here. It's just about right, with plenty of variety when the wind blows.

Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON

Intentional Grounding: OFF (previous: On)
• This was used previously to attempt at combatting the QB dropback glitch pre-patch. Now, it's a value that seems to remain in good standing with the QB behavior overall. The issue I had with it previously was more so that I could not give a specific animation that it controls, it is pretty much behavioral more than anything. I think it does separate certain QBs, especially those who like to keep the play alive.

*Note about Ineligible Receiver Downfield*
Leave this value imported "as is", and do not worry about changing it to "On" for the in-game pause menu as previously suggested. It has very little to do with anything, and somehow it still gets called. A definite strange one overall. I am not going to adjust it, so can't recommend to do anything with it other than leave it alone.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:09 AM   #819
Rookie

In my testing pass blocking seems to play the biggest role in the robo qb. At 30 I was seeing a ton of robo qb. At 50 I was seeing a ton of bombs down field and cpu completion under 50%. I actually like the 40 value, seems like the sweet spot.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #820
Banned

Lol at these sliders

Last edited by Daddytaylor; 08-27-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:14 AM   #821
Banned

Is it me.or does the game.animate to fast on all Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 12:18 AM   #822
Rookie

joebloww's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl23
In my testing pass blocking seems to play the biggest role in the robo qb. At 30 I was seeing a ton of robo qb. At 50 I was seeing a ton of bombs down field and cpu completion under 50%. I actually like the 40 value, seems like the sweet spot.

I agree this plays a HUGE part in it, more than I actually expected. I keep mine at 38 but 40 is good aswell.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:58 AM   #823
Rookie

joebloww's Arena

Okay so I've tested out V12, and changed my Pass Defense Reaction Time to 50/50 and changed Fatigue as well (55), AND turned IG off. I use the Steelers in CFM on All Madden, and I had a match-up against the Dolphins which I felt would've been the perfect game to test out these sliders and see if Ryan Fitz would end up throwing 28-28 over something ridiculous like that. Below are the stats. (Keep in mind I do use these particular sliders but SOME of them I adjusted to my personal liking, but I as well was having trouble with below average quarterbacks throwing for ridiculous passer ratings.

Steelers vs Dolphins (W19-11).

Ryan Fitzpatrick(103.0 Passing Rating) 28-39 - 305 yards passing - 1 TD - 0INT - 71% COMP and he was sacked twice.

Ben Roethlisberger(86.9 Passing Rating) - 22-36 - 293 yards passing - 0 TD 0 INT - 61% COMP - sacked twice.

On my end Ben would've completed a lot more passes through the air but I was forcing a lot of them to James Washington considering JuJu Smith-Schuster is hurt for the rest of the season and he seems to be the most consistent for me as of right now, Miami for some odd reason was solid on defense but the previous game I threw for over 350 against the Chargers, could've been just dumb plays on my end. I have seen a drastic difference and I don't notice the defensive backs just slouching around as much and I haven't YET seen the defender just watch the ball go over their head. Maybe Ryan Fitz completion percentage was just a tiny bit high for what he is, but he did mainly focus on dump off passes and short routes this game. Also to add into it the Steelers secondary is definitely not a strong suit and is a work in progress, I'm happy with what I have with my sliders right now and I'll update if I notice anything, for me though so far so good.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:06 AM   #824
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

Played 2 games with V12. Lost to Eagles 31-10 and beat Cowboys 27-25 on last second field goal 2 fun games. Only issue is high % yards and YPA for cpu qbs. Wentz started 5/7 completed an nfl record 29 straight completions to finish 34/36 94% for 327 YDS 4TDs 0INTs 9.1 YPA lol. The cpu is always over 300 yards against me. Coverage was definitely better so I dont get it. Cpu does seem to make a lot of catches the user never would be able to idk im not sure. Prescott was 25/33 75% 367 YDS 2TDS 1INT 11.1 YPA. Cooper had 9 catches 172 yards and a crazy aggressive catch over my corner for 56 yards.I shut down zeke 18 for 52 2.8. I ran well with Guice 22 for 112 5.0 TD and in Eagles game went 12 for 92 7.6. Djax had 3 TDs against me in Eagles game so the #1 WRs are destroying me. Jordan Howard was 12 for 82 6.8. Their backup was 5 for 32 6.4 so they ran well in their limited rushes. I got 4 sacks in the 2 games I played 1 against Eagles 3 against Cowboys. I got sacked 5 times in 2 games twice by Cowboys 3 times by Eagles. Peterson and Reed are out for 5 and 6 games. Overall I loved it im just worried about not being able to stop CPU QBs. Hopefully when I play Bears next Haskins doesnt get killed by Mack and Trubisky actually plays like himself and not Brady. Haskins against Eagles 25/37 242 YDS 1TD 0INTs 67% then against Cowboys 20/31 237 YDS 64% 2TDS 2INTs one pick was an absolutely horrible inaccurate curl route probably the worst throw ive ever seen in my life but unfortunately its not a slider problem so i had to deal with it and the other was a throw in traffic that got deflected to a LB. As for fumbles saw only 2 that I can remember a sack fumble on wentz which we recovered and then one by my receiver which went out of bounds so 1 for me and 1 for cpu but the cpu lost theirs and I didnt.

Last edited by Redskins041; 08-27-2019 at 03:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »