Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #2697
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
As far as red zone issues, depending on how badly you want a fix. One suggestion from past maddens is playbook editing.

I believe a large part of the red zone problem is the cpu playcalling. If before a game you edit their playbook to make their red zone calls more dangerous perhaps this could help? But it takes a lot of time and dedication to do this.

I have not tried it myself. Just remembering old slider threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I may have to resort to that. For illustrative purposes, it’s week thirteen and I’ve allowed 130 points on the season, best in the league and at this pace a historic defense.

My past four I’ve allowed 6, 6, 3, and 10 points.

About to play with user Tackle at 48 and cpu run block at 50, will report how things look.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #2698
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Ok just finished first game with 48 and 50.

We won against Seattle 27-16. Their only touchdown came off of a turnover (the got the ball at midfield, a PI call brought them to the 1 and then they rushed it in. Good sequence.) They drove the field down to the one two other times but Russel was intercepted and then turned over on downs.

My team still has the fewest points against with 151. The next is Carolina with 196.

I’m 11-1 in year 2. Obviously nice winning games but takes away some of the fun of franchise when my team is so hard to beat after only one year.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #2699
MVP

I'm having some issues with CPU play selection. I know some of this will be playbook based, and some will be too deeply coded to affect simply with sliders, but I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations for things to try slider wise.

The CPU runs and throws check downs a lot. I'd like the CPU receivers to be open a little more often, and I'd like the CPU to be a little more aggressive in their play calling.

Obviously my first instinct is to lower User Pass Coverage but I'm wary of any knock on effects this might have on other slider values. I've also considered increasing CPU QB Accuracy or WR Catch.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #2700
Rookie

My suggestion to you guys is to stop playing the defense, if you haven’t already done so. Let the defense play out. I admit that the Chiefs defense is a far cry from good-to-great. Through 8 games in my most recent franchise, I’m 30th against the pass and 2nd against the run. Much of that has to do with the CPU playcalling trying to keep up with my offense. A smaller part of it has to do with my commitment to stop the run on nearly every play to force the CPU to be one-dimensional. Given my team’s limitations on defense, I’m able to take away the run more effectively than the pass. For the record, I’m 19th in points-against on defense.

I make pre snap adjustments and then basically watch the defense as a coordinator. If you’re not doing this, it is worth a try.

Last edited by seanstephans; 10-15-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #2701
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans
My suggestion to you guys is to stop playing the defense, if you haven’t already done so. Let the defense play out. I admit that the Chiefs defense is a far cry from good-to-great. Through 8 games in my most recent franchise, I’m 30th against the pass and 2nd against the run. Much of that had to do with the CPU playcalling from trying to keep up with my offense. A smaller part of it has to do with my commitment to stop the run on nearly every play to force the CPU to be one-dimensional. Given my team’s limitations on defense, I’m able to take away the run more effectively than the pass. For the record, I’m 19th in points-against on defense.

I make pre snap adjustments and then basically watch the defense as a coordinator. If you’re not doing this, it is worth a try.

I can only speak for myself, but that’s what’s I’ve been doing already. The CPU is just totally incapable of countering cover 3 consistently.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #2702
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Another idea for red zone CPU is to control your opponent that week and have them do the Red Zone offense exercise to give a stat boost when they’re in the RZ. Did this a few years back.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #2703
Rookie

elnino457's Arena

So if we are not supposed to play defense anymore

to get a better game

then we should take out the cd as soon as possible and break it

if this is our claim to have a satisfied playing feel then the game is broken and is no good

I absolutely agree that the redzone behavior of the cpu is a shame 1.14-1.15

for me personally, the game is not playable for two weeks

how can a game get worse from patch to patch and we settle for less and talk to each other well?

meanwhile I have even doubt that this game is better than 19
this is the first year in which i have no franchise in the middle of october

and I know a lot of people that feel the same way

I have nothing against the sets that all have here
you do great work but none really works because the cpu does not allow it because you can screw around so much it will not help

Hardly anyone who has not already started 5 times over

sry that I write out of pure frustration and that is not up to you
but I tried everything and it does not get better

and we try hard to get the feel of the latest updates and give us bad satisfaction because good does not work

I hope for an update and you guys should do that as well
Old 10-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #2704
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I can only speak for myself, but that’s what’s I’ve been doing already. The CPU is just totally incapable of countering cover 3 consistently.

I agree with you that Cover 3 is like a talisman the CPU cannot crack. At least not in the red zone. And this gets us back to the poor playcalling for the CPU in the red zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »