Home

Extreme Slider Experiment

This is a discussion on Extreme Slider Experiment within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Extreme Slider Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
Same here, Pro is too easy. But I didn't pay $60 for a game to just watch it. I'm praying a patch comes out soon.

OK, I experimented to Pass Coverage and Pass Def Reaction Time both to 0, leaving CPU QB ACC at 25% vs Drew Brees. I may be mistaken, but it felt like my defenders played tighter. He still completed 82.3% of his passes (LMAO), but my defenders were right there to make an immediate tackle. I held him to 375 yds, the first time I've held a CPU opponent on All-Pro under 400 yds with the Cards.

Either way, there wasn't enough of a difference to notice my pass coverage, even at ZERO, so I am convinced they don't do much. Heck, the fact that Brees completed 82.3% of his passes with his Accuracy turned down to 25 should tell you something. Imagine if I had left him at 50!

I think I'm going to take JoshC's advice go back to the default 50 on all sliders as the developers intended and hope for a patch. It was interesting to see how little going to 0 and 100 made on the game overall. So I'm not about to believe someone that tries telling me setting one slider to 49 or 51 makes a difference.
Dropping QB accuracy doesn't necesserily make QBs less accurate on its own. The lower that slider is, often what you may see is more checkdowns. You have to decrease WR catching as well.

What was your speed threshold slider at? I'm assuming 50, based on what you're saying.

I've seen the CPU throw under 70, 60, even 50 percent on all pro. It is possible.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah Threshold at 50

I think a lot of the problem is the Cards' players too. I don't want to get too caught up in adjusting slider after slider making All-Pro easier. Maybe I need to try Playmaker's Pro sliders. I did read the long thread in the main Madden forums about the pass coverage problems, so I'm not the only one.

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #11
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yeah Threshold at 50

I think a lot of the problem is the Cards' players too. I don't want to get too caught up in adjusting slider after slider making All-Pro easier. Maybe I need to try Playmaker's Pro sliders. I did read the long thread in the main Madden forums about the pass coverage problems, so I'm not the only one.
Pass coverage is a bit thin, which is why I asked about threshold.

Bumping that up to 75 has helped for me and others. I think that would be a good start for you as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I am not an expert with sliders myself but to reply to what all is being said here..first things first is are you calling the right defensive plays? Do you adjust during the game? Playing man press coverage this year seems to work well so far, zone has its flaws a bit.

The ratings this year do mean a lot, being you are the cardinals i would not expect you to be shutdown either, but yes you should see a difference with Peterson from the rest...also look at Peterson stats to see what he is better at, like if it's man coverage then call more man with them etc..

A few other people here mentioned of the sliders being opposite, you can try that. Also keep in mind that penalty sliders play a big factor in this game, DPI or DH will determine how close defenders play to the wrs.

The int slider also is another pass coverage slider...and this year in madden pass rush means a lot so if you aren't getting pressure that will expose your defense even more. Don't forget to utilize your defensive adjustments also, to play the ball or swat ball etc..
Old 08-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Pass coverage is a bit thin, which is why I asked about threshold.

Bumping that up to 75 has helped for me and others. I think that would be a good start for you as well.
Thanks, I'll try it.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I am not an expert with sliders myself but to reply to what all is being said here..first things first is are you calling the right defensive plays? Do you adjust during the game? Playing man press coverage this year seems to work well so far, zone has its flaws a bit.

The ratings this year do mean a lot, being you are the cardinals i would not expect you to be shutdown either, but yes you should see a difference with Peterson from the rest...also look at Peterson stats to see what he is better at, like if it's man coverage then call more man with them etc..

A few other people here mentioned of the sliders being opposite, you can try that. Also keep in mind that penalty sliders play a big factor in this game, DPI or DH will determine how close defenders play to the wrs.

The int slider also is another pass coverage slider...and this year in madden pass rush means a lot so if you aren't getting pressure that will expose your defense even more. Don't forget to utilize your defensive adjustments also, to play the ball or swat ball etc..
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I've been picking man coverage most plays, as I noticed zone was where I'm getting burned. Even in man, Peterson usually plays way off from the WR. Then I panic and try a dive tackle from where he is, and he misses, and the pass goes for a huge play.

You are correct, I'm not getting great pass rush pressure most plays. The Cards front 4 can't block shed at all. When I do start to break through, I notice the CPU QB will throw a checkdown.

I have not set any adjustments, so I want to try those. Also, I often forget to turn on Illegal Man Downfield, which I heard can affect coverage. I'll keep plugging along.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #15
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I've been picking man coverage most plays, as I noticed zone was where I'm getting burned. Even in man, Peterson usually plays way off from the WR. Then I panic and try a dive tackle from where he is, and he misses, and the pass goes for a huge play.

You are correct, I'm not getting great pass rush pressure most plays. The Cards front 4 can't block shed at all. When I do start to break through, I notice the CPU QB will throw a checkdown.

I have not set any adjustments, so I want to try those. Also, I often forget to turn on Illegal Man Downfield, which I heard can affect coverage. I'll keep plugging along.
That last sentence there might fix some of your problems, most if not all the slider threads here say to have that IMD penalty on, otherwise if you have it off it leads to wonky gameplay and robo qb which is what you are seeing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

I played with JoshC's default sliders. All 50 except 51 TKL. I did set Speed Threshold to 75. I remembered to turn on Illegal Man Downfield, and set Def Coaching Adjustment to play the ball. Played man coverage every play.

It was a much improved game, although frustrating in the 4th where I was up 29-28, but let them score 13 on me. They won 41-29.

Garoppolo was 23/33 (69.7%) for 374 yds, 5 TDs, and 2 int. I'm happy I held him under 70% and 400 yds. Those 5 TDs though... Pettis burned me for 166 yds and 3 TDs.

Kyler was 30/47 (63%) for 399 yds, 2 TDs, 2 int. Peterson had a pick 6.

The game felt much better, but so crazy we have to set all these settings and adjustments to get something close to an accurate game.

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »