Home

Extreme Slider Experiment

This is a discussion on Extreme Slider Experiment within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2019, 10:36 PM   #25
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Extreme Slider Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I mean no disrespect when i ask this, but are you fairly new to Madden? For years they have had different sliders that are reversed lol .

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1
No I've played madden for a long time. This is my first time on a forum really looking into the game. I just did at least 200 snaps at 5 reaction time and 95 pass coverage. Was able to complete the same play to the same receiver every play. Then I Changed it to 95 reaction time and 0 pass coverage and still got the exact same results. I honestly think the reaction time slider does absolutely nothing. I saw more change to the players and the way they played their zone when I had a higher pass coverage. I played snaps with everything at 50 and it was like playing normal. When I left reaction time at 50 but raised pass coverage to 95 the CPU played their zones WAY BETTER. I had to wait in the pocket longer for the receiver to finish his route because the CPU was sticking to him like glue. I kept pass coverage at 95 and lowered reaction to 25 and it made absolutely no difference at all. Then I raised reaction time to 75 and it STILL made no difference. If I didnt know I would think I was playing on the same sliders. If you raise pass coverage they will play their man and their zone alot smarter and tighter. And I know I'm not crazy because they started intercepting the ball when I had reaction time at 95. When it was at 5 they were slow to get to me and tackle me , much less standing on top of me and getting interceptions. When I raised it to 95 as soon as I threw the ball they were on top of me swatting the ball or getting interceptions. Even the MLB would be an inch from me as he caught it. When it was on 5 the MLB would be multiple feet away from me as the WR caught it. I'm not saying I'm right and im not saying your wrong but after doing the same play and same defensive OVER AND OVER. This is what I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 10:44 PM   #26
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoLall
No I've played madden for a long time. This is my first time on a forum really looking into the game. I just did at least 200 snaps at 5 reaction time and 95 pass coverage. Was able to complete the same play to the same receiver every play. Then I Changed it to 95 reaction time and 0 pass coverage and still got the exact same results. I honestly think the reaction time slider does absolutely nothing. I saw more change to the players and the way they played their zone when I had a higher pass coverage. I played snaps with everything at 50 and it was like playing normal. When I left reaction time at 50 but raised pass coverage to 95 the CPU played their zones WAY BETTER. I had to wait in the pocket longer for the receiver to finish his route because the CPU was sticking to him like glue. I kept pass coverage at 95 and lowered reaction to 25 and it made absolutely no difference at all. Then I raised reaction time to 75 and it STILL made no difference. If I didnt know I would think I was playing on the same sliders. If you raise pass coverage they will play their man and their zone alot smarter and tighter. And I know I'm not crazy because they started intercepting the ball when I had reaction time at 95. When it was at 5 they were slow to get to me and tackle me , much less standing on top of me and getting interceptions. When I raised it to 95 as soon as I threw the ball they were on top of me swatting the ball or getting interceptions. Even the MLB would be an inch from me as he caught it. When it was on 5 the MLB would be multiple feet away from me as the WR caught it. I'm not saying I'm right and im not saying your wrong but after doing the same play and same defensive OVER AND OVER. This is what I saw.
This makes alot of sense to me, and aligns to what I've been seeing. I think, before a patch comes out, I'm going to raise Pass Coverage and leave Reaction Time at 50.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #27
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

If the reaction time is on 0 they should be the most clueless defense on the planet earth. If the reaction time is at 99 they should be the fastest reacting things ever. You don't see that at all. If anything you see barely any difference. I should be able to complete every pass on 0 and no pass on 99. That's not the case. To me it seems reaction doesn't do anything. Pass coverage is the slider that actually changes the game. This is MY PERSONAL ASSESMENT. I'm not saying ANYONE is wrong. But this is what I'm seeing with my own eyes.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #28
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
This makes alot of sense to me, and aligns to what I've been seeing. I think, before a patch comes out, I'm going to raise Pass Coverage and leave Reaction Time at 50.
There absolutely needs to be a patch clearing things up. I'm not the kinda person to see something once and assume the game plays that way. I have to see a large margin of that thing to make the right assessment. I simply believe if you raise any slider you will get better at that thing. If you raise interceptions you will get more interceptions. If you raise run blocking it will be easier for your running back to hit the hole and run down field. If you lower anything , you get worse at that. Madden even says that in the slider adjustment settings.

when you look at the fumble slider in the main menu. It says " move this to the left to cause more fumbles ". They are saying move this to the left to suck at holding the ball and you fumble it more. It's the same with every other slider. Move it to the left and you are worse. Move it to the right and you are better. That goes for the CPU and the USER. Now , not every slider is the same. They all work differently. If the slider was reversed madden would make this clear. Like they made it clear with the fumble slider. But it's common sense. I think madden devs and engineers laugh when they see these theories. People act like madden is trying to confuse us. I think the only confusion that's going on is these people confusing themselves.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #29
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

OK, either Coverage slider is reversed, or it doesn't do a thing. I bumped it to 95 for my next game vs the 49ers. It's not even halftime and Garoppolo has 351 yds and 3 TDs. I'm quitting and restarting the game, after putting Coverage back to 50.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #30
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
OK, either Coverage slider is reversed, or it doesn't do a thing. I bumped it to 95 for my next game vs the 49ers. It's not even halftime and Garoppolo has 351 yds and 3 TDs. I'm quitting and restarting the game, after putting Coverage back to 50.
I don't think they do anything. I am usering the Redskins and playing the eagles. I put the reaction to 99 and the coverage to 99 for the user and the CPU. So neither of us should he able to pass at all. Dwayne haskins had 154 yards and 2 TDs in the first quater. Carson Wentz has 121 a 2 TDs in the first quater. So then I started thinking , okay maybe the sliders are reversed. I backed outta the game and changed the reaction to 1 and the coverage to 1 for the CPU and the user. Started up the game and at the end of the first quater Dwayne Haskins STILL had 143 yards and 2 TDs. Carson Wentz had 137 yards and 3 TDs. ABSOLUTLY NO DIFFERNECE FROM 0 TO 99 IN BOTH GAMES. I honestly think the pass sliders have an affect on the game but it's so subtle its doesn't make a statistical change. Madden has to change that in the update and I can guarantee they will. The game just came out not even 2 weeks ago. Give it time.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:30 AM   #31
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

The game is just frustrating. Playing a CFM with my bother (he's the Colts), and he texted and asked if I cared if he quit his game and restarted, as he was down 34-0 at half. My wife is watching me play, and can't believe the cheese. She's screaming out "Oh my God, that's BS!!!" at the stuff that happens to my guys. Leaves me frustrated with knots in my stomach. End rant.

UPDATE: We both decided to try Pro. We're obviously not ready for All-Pro.

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-12-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 05:01 AM   #32
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Madden sliders are the biggest mystery of them all. I've literally witnessed thousands upon thousands of theories and discussions about essentially the same sliders for 15 years.

Play calling is huge so is alignment tho. Sometimes manually moving your players into a different position can get them to play their position better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »