Home

Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

This is a discussion on Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

I will have to try these out, sliders have always been a big what if with me, headache to a point sometimes, sometimes i ask why do we need sliders and not just go off the player attributes, and with sliders being soooo important, do the individual player atts really matter much,

so anyways, i decided to just quick sim a couple seasons, but in season 2 i watched the SB it was actually a good SB, Colts 14-2 vs Panthers 9-7 and Andrew Luck was on the panthers, going against his former team,

i left pretty much all the sliders at 50, and for some reason the game seemed to play pretty decent, there wasnt as many times were the qb just stood back there for ever till he took a sack, not sure why they dont throw the ball away more often, but i think his had to do with pass coverage to, its like the higher that is the longer the qb waits to find someone open,

they still do that reverse spin move sometimes right before throwing it and its dumb, but yea it was just different felt more real, even the run plays were not to bad, i still ran into to many tackles for losses for what i like, both teams had over 10,

and i dont remember who the coach was on there for the colts at the time,
but i found it interesting the colts were running read option plays with brissett, they ran like 8 of them, even ran a straight up option play,

i was like i didnt know the colts had these in their PBs, anways these sliders look alil about what i had, i did lower pass acc to 40, cause both qbs in that game were in the high 70s low 80s,

but then i realized something, during the first 2 years i was simming the games, QBs were pretty up insane numbers, over 4000 yards by at least 9 qbs, most were in the 70% completion pct range, for the whole season, throwing for 40 plus tds,

so i was thinking instead of trying to make it sooo real life like on here im trying to just get the games that i watch to at least match the stats that the simulation has happen,

Ok ill end this since its kinda long sorry haha, one more thing, still kinda sad about it lol, I started a all 32 team watch mode, i was going to have every single game watched and just see how the stats come up and who ends up on top, i was about halfway through the season and i accidentally saved over it.. i was like wow and this was like a week or so ago, so i could be to week 13 or so by now, sad oh well,

i will do that for madden 21, for now, i may do something kinda like it.. maybe sim the first half and then watch the 2nd half, so u kinda have a mix of sim and watch in the same game,
Old 05-02-2020, 01:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey man, I’m also an avid fan of cpu vs cpu as I’m starting to switch over from player perspective to a coach/gm. It’s crazy when you posted this cuz I was doing the same thing using matt’s sliders and tweaking it for this to work. We even had the same logic in modifying them which is why I’m proud to say great minds think alike (we both upped the Fg accuracy and pbl to the same number lol). Matt10 just updated his sliders so I’ll lyk my thoughts over the weekend as I continue to experiment.

Only thing I want to ask is your recommendation of the difficulty settings. So far I’ve been deleting and resetting my profile to set up expert level as tommycoa says this would establish the base AI and obviously, we want the smartest ai we can get in a cpu vs cpu scenario. That being said, my pet peeve in all madden is the checkdowns and the tendencies of qb to get a completion rather than the first down. This would lead to not only high qb completion, but most of the times, they barely cross the 200 yard threshold in passing and thus, the scores of the game rarely break 20+ points (usually 10-20) for both teams. In all pro at least you get a chance for a shootout and is a lil more “arcade” big plays. But then you won’t see the qb make quick, sometimes correct decisions like moving up or around in the pocket INTELLIGENTLY :P and even scramble ahead which I never saw in all pro cpu vs cpu. Seems like defense also plays more tighter and realistic on all madden although this may be attributed by the all madden speed boost. Lastly, the running game is night and days. I noticed many tfl or situations where the rb’s do not have a chance. This may have to do with the fumble sliders as I do see players making unnecessary East-west moves (sometimes they do it too early and makes it even worse) rather than just pushing ahead for yards. Why can’t we have the best of both worlds lol

Edit: I only said the bad part of the running game. The good thing is I observed that at least with the previous version of Matt’s sliders, the run game works when the playcall is an outside run (stretch, sometimes pitches and draws) whereas if it’s inside, that’s when the tfl usually happens. Screens are the same thing. Seems like most of the times, my opponent’s team have success but my team for some reason is a mess usually getting negative yards ����*♂️

Last edited by Hairykiller; 05-02-2020 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #11
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

In regards to what difficulty to use there will always be a give and take in gameplay, because Madden Devs, I believe cater to online community.

But this set is, a long with Cdcool and Matt’s are the very best out there for cats like us who want to see Cpu Cpu smash it out based on attributes and talent there within. As Matt has stated on his OP in terms of sliders it’s “about animations” same here for most of us I assume. But what appeals to the eye as replicating Football on the screen doesn’t always coincide with replicating NFL stat averages. And, if you start chasing both you will go down the “rabbit hole” never to be seen again. I looked at my saved slider set a week ago and I had no less than 8, none of which gave me all of what I wanted.

So in order to get my Franchise finally started I had to settle on what I call, “ A Game within a Game”. I made a choice and live with some deficiencies and enjoy the all the rest. It’s not perfect and my QB’s in Madden May have slightly higher completion percentages or my best DB’s may not get the proper interceptions but it’s the same for all so ...game within the game..is understood.

I personally use theses sliders with “All Madden” in MM and “Pro” in Franchise. I still see great QB animations they still throw deep and scramble too. I have made a universal adjustment in attributes as far as Acceleration and other player attributes to tone game down ...made archetype for scramblers and field generals in Qb attributes and things work. Are they perfect? No. But the best I can say is find a good set of sliders, find a gameplay visual or animations that your satisfied with and run with it...Enjoy ...because it’s all we got!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #12
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyhockaday
CDCool has done a good job of making sliders that give an accurate end of game stat line, but with his set, I just couldn't live with the lack of pass rush, as the pass block slider being so high completely negated the defensive lineman no matter what their ratings were. They simply could not shed blocks in passing situations. This was frustrating to me, and so I began my hunt/testing.
Not sure where you are seeing no Pass Rush with my sliders, NOT TRUE, even with where I have Pass Block. Sacks are still very strong, lots of pressure on the QB and the Pass Completion Stats line up with 15 minute Quarters, if there was no Pass Rush, Pass Completion Percentages would be a lot higher.

If I was seeing what you describe as being an issue, I would have changed something by now.

Last edited by cdcool; 05-02-2020 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Not sure where you are seeing no Pass Rush with my sliders, NOT TRUE, even with where I have Pass Block. Sacks are still very strong, lots of pressure on the QB and the Pass Completion Stats line up with 15 minute Quarters, if there was no Pass Rush, Pass Completion Percentages would be a lot higher.

If I was seeing what you describe as being an issue, I would have changed something by now.
Hey CDCool,

No disrespect at all intended. Like I said, at the end of the game your stat lines look great, but as I watched the games the QB's just sat and sat and sat in the pocket, 7-10 seconds per drop back. Eventually, the pass rush might get there, but its was such a frustratingly long amount of engaged blocks. When the cpu runs, they shed blocks very quickly and accurately, but the next play the offense drops back for a pass, and they forget how to shed blocks for 10 seconds. I just wanted to look for some animations that were less frustrating to me personally to watch when it came to O-Line/D-Line interactions. We're all on the same team here, hope this cleared up any miscommunication
Old 05-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #14
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyhockaday
Hey CDCool,

No disrespect at all intended. Like I said, at the end of the game your stat lines look great, but as I watched the games the QB's just sat and sat and sat in the pocket, 7-10 seconds per drop back. Eventually, the pass rush might get there, but its was such a frustratingly long amount of engaged blocks. When the cpu runs, they shed blocks very quickly and accurately, but the next play the offense drops back for a pass, and they forget how to shed blocks for 10 seconds. I just wanted to look for some animations that were less frustrating to me personally to watch when it came to O-Line/D-Line interactions. We're all on the same team here, hope this cleared up any miscommunication
You Think sliders are causing the QB to be able to sit in the Pocket like that?, which you may see once in a while but that's not consistent with my Sliders at all. 7-10 seconds that's ridiculous, even if there is no pressure they not holding the ball that long. They gonna forget because of sliders?

My sliders are not causing a 7-10 Pocket based on any slider, the Pass Block slider affects more than just Passing.

What you are stating is still not true.

You are not describing my set, which is 100% CPU vs CPU for all Teams. I have others using my set that give me feedback and none are stating what you are saying and I'm not seeing that. I Watch a lot of games. I've posted Youtube. I may have other issues but this ain't one of em.

and your slider set which is basically Mat's, fixed all that CPU vs CPU?

What animations are you seeing that I'm not? I'm curious.

I have another question for you, how many Pancakes are you seeing per game? CPU vs CPU.

Last edited by cdcool; 05-03-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #15
Rookie

What ur saying about Cdcool is not true man qb don’t stand still and their is pass rush Man U need to play with his sliders for a while and you’d know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2020, 02:16 PM   #16
Rookie

All you gotta do is not use my sliders if CDCool's are working for you. They weren't working for me. 7-10 sec every single drop back is exactly what I saw and is 100% completely true, why would anyone have time or necessity to lie about something like that. Good day to you both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »