Home

Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #81
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Does EA typically release updates that tune the gameplay the same way San Diego Studios does for The Show?

The biggest problem I’ve almost always had with football games is defending the pass. I give up huge yards through the air. I’ve noticed on Madden 22 that pressure on the QB is huge. It undoubtedly causes more errant passes, which it should. With that said, seeing a bump in CPU pass blocking surprises me a bit. Were you seeing too many sacks with pass blocking at default? I know I’ve also read that the CPU QB was also scrambling a lot when pressured and that he’d sometimes run into defenders as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I’ve only been able to play half of a game so far, but the pass defense was atrocious. The Texans put up 28 points on me and were unstoppable.

Hopefully sliders and the day one patch can fix that, otherwise I’ll have to sim all of my defensive snaps this year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #82
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I’ve only been able to play half of a game so far, but the pass defense was atrocious. The Texans put up 28 points on me and were unstoppable.

Hopefully sliders and the day one patch can fix that, otherwise I’ll have to sim all of my defensive snaps this year.

Relax my man......it will be fine. Give it some time. I am sure fixes are coming. No doubt in fact.

Game is not even out yet technically. The day one patch probably address the pass defense issues we are seeing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #83
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Too many people like to jump off the ledge way too early. If the game is this good at initial stage, I’m very optimistic about things. Their commitment to the movement and their transparency this year has me giving them the benefit of the doubt more than I ever have before. It’s weird, but I think they’re earning that this year.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:14 PM   #84
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Too many people like to jump off the ledge way too early. If the game is this good at initial stage, I’m very optimistic about things. Their commitment to the movement and their transparency this year has me giving them the benefit of the doubt more than I ever have before. It’s weird, but I think they’re earning that this year.
Agree 100% there are a ton of moving parts going into the player movement 2.0 engine.

It is not as simple as...well it worked last year why is not working this year.

Because this is not the same game as last year. And playing it should tell you that. The Players movement is a lot better. And Madden 21 was damn good. But 22 is that much better so there are going to be some things that need to get worked out.....the development time is short. I get it. So that is why live updates exist (thank goodness) and I can be patient for it to be fixed as I know it will. Again I think the Day One Patch will be filled with certain player movement fixes for coverages.

Remain calm everyone....we do not get crazy in here. It is about making the game a fun experience and I am sure we can do it once the development team releases the fixes they already know they have to make. Penalties included BTW. Something is nerfed and they can fix that too. I have no doubt. But if for some reason we do not get a penalty fix we are going the penalty trait route on the roster and will update everyone on those plans if need be.

Either way....buckle up for a great cycle of Madden football. I know this game will shine this year. A lot of great things going on for long time “Madden” fans.

I said this in the impressions thread which BTW I am staying out of most of the time as for every positive impression there is 10 toxic opinions that I have been hearing for a decade and half. Same BS folks, this game will not convert anyone who is a ***** of Madden or not a Madden fan.

Madden plays a signature brand of console football that has been a consistent feel for 30 plus years. I have been playing Madden since John Madden on the Sega Genesis. Folks.....Madden is Madden. Some years it was great, some good and some bad.

Madden 21 was great. Madden 22 is going to be even better IMO. And in fact the best playing since 16 (I love 16 still to this day). I mean 21 NG played a damn good game and 22 has clearly built off of it. They stuck with the player movement system they implemented and are not wavering from it.

Give them some time to get some fixes out and reserve judgement. I know I am. And if they do not come through.....those that know me will know I will call it out.

The game is not perfect and still has legacy issues that still need to be addressed in future iterations. But this is the best chance at the best “Franchise”experience we have had in over a decade and half (since Madden 2007 PS2 to be exact).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #85
Rookie

Would this slider set work on current gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #86
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkredskin
Would this slider set work on current gen

I have no idea as I am not on the PS4 anymore and not testing and developing it for last gen.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #87
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I agree that there’s a long way to go on sliders, waiting on the day one patch, and the actual retail version. But I would think the first place to start on the problems with pass defense would be the pass defense/reaction slider. Just my $0.02.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #88
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agree 100% there are a ton of moving parts going into the player movement 2.0 engine.

It is not as simple as...well it worked last year why is not working this year.

Because this is not the same game as last year. And playing it should tell you that. The Players movement is a lot better. And Madden 21 was damn good. But 22 is that much better so there are going to be some things that need to get worked out.....the development time is short. I get it. So that is why live updates exist (thank goodness) and I can be patient for it to be fixed as I know it will. Again I think the Day One Patch will be filled with certain player movement fixes for coverages.

Remain calm everyone....we do not get crazy in here. It is about making the game a fun experience and I am sure we can do it once the development team releases the fixes they already know they have to make. Penalties included BTW. Something is nerfed and they can fix that too. I have no doubt. But if for some reason we do not get a penalty fix we are going the penalty trait route on the roster and will update everyone on those plans if need be.

Either way....buckle up for a great cycle of Madden football. I know this game will shine this year. A lot of great things going on for long time “Madden” fans.

I said this in the impressions thread which BTW I am staying out of most of the time as for every positive impression there is 10 toxic opinions that I have been hearing for a decade and half. Same BS folks, this game will not convert anyone who is a ***** of Madden or not a Madden fan.

Madden plays a signature brand of console football that has been a consistent feel for 30 plus years. I have been playing Madden since John Madden on the Sega Genesis. Folks.....Madden is Madden. Some years it was great, some good and some bad.

Madden 21 was great. Madden 22 is going to be even better IMO. And in fact the best playing since 16 (I love 16 still to this day). I mean 21 NG played a damn good game and 22 has clearly built off of it. They stuck with the player movement system they implemented and are not wavering from it.

Give them some time to get some fixes out and reserve judgement. I know I am. And if they do not come through.....those that know me will know I will call it out.

The game is not perfect and still has legacy issues that still need to be addressed in future iterations. But this is the best chance at the best “Franchise”experience we have had in over a decade and half (since Madden 2007 PS2 to be exact).
Well said, people are just really overreacting in the main forum to unintentional issues at this point IMO. Taking our 10 hour free trials (With EA Play) now pretty much means also signing up to be a ‘final tester’ of the game with launch about a week away. A week early without the day 1 patch.....we’re going to find some bugs. It is what is. That’s part of the point of them exposing the game early to the community anyway

We’re all hungry for NFL video game football, so having to deal with bugs during our first true taste of this year’s version sucks but, I’m not overly concerned or upset before we even see what the day 1 patch addresses. A lot of issues will probably be cleaned up right out of the gate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »