Home

Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #129
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

@BleedingRed.

Thank you for the update.

I have been thinking this penalty thing through and I don’t want to harp on it too much, but!!!!

The new Next Gen Player Movement 2.0 may have a role in why flags are not being triggered. PS4 you are still getting penalties….why? Same player movement engine.

Why are penalties down on Madden 22 compared to Madden 21 next gen? They refined the player movement even more for 22 and I think the penalty animations are simply triggering a lot less. Now whether this is intentional or not, I am getting more and more convinced it has a lot to do with it and nothing we do will make that much of a difference.

The only way we will truly know is to continue to test with penalty traits at undisciplined for dozens of games at 15 minute quarters and we will get our answers in a few weeks.

So my famous “it is what it is” may come into play on that part of the game because once I see roster editing and sliders can’t “help” I move on.

The bottom line is…..we don’t know yet and I am not going to sweat it this cycle because everything else about the game is a nice upgrade from 21…..big time.

Friday can’t get here soon enough!!!

For those getting it early at midnight tonight please let us know if the Day 0 patch was in there or not!!!

Happy Gaming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #130
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
@BleedingRed.

I have been thinking this penalty thing through and I don’t want to harp on it too much, but!!!!

The new Next Gen Player Movement 2.0 may have a role in why flags are not being triggered. PS4 you are still getting penalties….why? Same player movement engine.

Why are penalties down on Madden 22 compared to Madden 21 next gen? They refined the player movement even more for 22 and I think the penalty animations are simply triggering a lot less. Now whether this is intentional or not, I am getting more and more convinced it has a lot to do with it and nothing we do will make that much of a difference.

The only way we will truly know is to continue to test with penalty traits at undisciplined for dozens of games at 15 minute quarters and we will get our answers in a few weeks.

So my famous “it is what it is” may come into play on that part of the game because once I see roster editing and sliders can’t “help” I move on.

The bottom line is…..we don’t know yet and I am not going to sweat it this cycle because everything else about the game is a nice upgrade from 21…..big time.

For those getting it early at midnight tonight please let us know if the Day 0 patch was in there or not!!!

Happy Gaming!!!

For the first time ever I purchased the digital version that should unlock tonight. I’m pretty sure it let me download it Thursday and should be able to jump in head first tonight at the stroke of midnight.

I’m also hoping that I was one of the ones that had trial time mess up on the series x........I really didn’t pay much attention to the time, but hope I have unlimited trial time until midnight tonight.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #131
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Armor & Sword’s All Pro Custom Madden 22 Simulation Sliders For PS5/X (CFM Only)

Word is that they at least are aware of franchise getting no penalties on simulation mode. No word on a fix or even if there will be a fix, but they are aware so to me, sounds like something that should get at least looked at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #132
MVP

I just posted on EAs answer forums about penalties. There is a community person there who stated reduced penalties are by design due to feedback that people (that individual included) do not like having big plays negated by AI and that it makes the game "scripted." He did say the more the community comments on penalties, the more likely it is for the message to reach the dev team. So we shall see.

As for changing traits to undisciplined; it seems to have less impact than previous years, but it does help trigger some things. In the game I posted results for in my 1990 thread, there were 7 penalties total I think. I do not remember the exact breakdown, but I know there we 2 block in the backs and 1-2 holding calls. The others were false starts.

As Armor said, we will get it worked out one way or another. The last time penalties actually worked and resembled the real NFL was Madden 16. So this is a problem we are all used to. LOL
Old 08-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #133
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
@BleedingRed.

Happy Gaming!!!

If that’s the case then I am thrilled I have a PS4...something I never thought I’d say lol

Old 08-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #134
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I would take every single thing in next gen with no penalties than anything last gen offers. But lets not dive down that hole in here. We are here for the next gen game and to make the most of it.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #135
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I would take every single thing in next gen with no penalties than anything last gen offers. But lets not dive down that hole in here. We are here for the next gen game and to make the most of it.
I can’t even play a minute of PS4 Madden anymore after playing Next Gen Madden. Agree 100%.

We will get it worked out one way or another.

SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2021, 11:58 AM   #136
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
I can’t even play a minute of PS4 Madden anymore after playing Next Gen Madden. Agree 100%.

We will get it worked out one way or another.

SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a ps5. I’ve completely given up. I’ll wait till they’re in stores in 2026

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »