Home

RFF's M22 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M22 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #25
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: RFF's M22 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Updated the second post just below OP with our 'starting point' and what the 10Y sim distribution looks like on out of the box default settings.

As I mentioned up front, this won't be possible to fully "get right" with simply Xp slider settings. I will include my best fit for "fire & forget" XP sliders for those who don't want to do anything else and aren't super concerned about it.

For those looking for a BIT of effort (nothing like time-consuming widespread ratings adjustments), I'll include my recommendations.

Also worth noting that this year we have more scenario-related boosts than ever before, so I'm unclear how that affects the sim. My initial impression is these scenarios are not included in the sims, which means HUM players likely will see greater results than what you see in the CPU talent distribution.

Key settings I'm using to control as much as is possible:
- Salary Cap OFF... may sound strange but we don't want quality players sitting in FA not developing. Using this setting allows the CPU to keep all their franchise players and develop them into studs the way a HUM easily could. Thus it's a better look at overall talent distribution and how players progress/regress, even if you keep it ON for your CPU leagues.
- Dynamic Dev Regression ON... I personally advise running with this on, but personal choice of course. You can adjust your sliders off my baseline. If you run with Dynamic Dev Regression OFF (meaning, once a player earns a dev trait, they never lose it), then I'd recommend eyeballing my XP slider #s and turning them down a bit.
Coach Perk Cost - Slowest (highly recommended)

More to come over the next week or so.
Progressive fatigue is broken.

Issue is that starters don't play beyond week 14-16, the CPU is not managing their tired players.

My question is, with progressive fatigue turned off, what would be the estimated adjustment as XP seems to get bloated?

I know it's a loaded question, but I figure you would have the best answer since you are adjusting here and there.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #26
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think a big thing in simming especially 10 years ahead is how many players are from the initial rosters. What I find when doing extended franchises is that even 10 years in it's still mostly original players. You have comparatively few drafted players that break into the top 10 at a position. Even positions like Wide receiver and halfbacks that typically age out pretty quick is mostly original roster players.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #27
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

Issue is that starters don't play beyond week 14-16, the CPU is not managing their tired players.

My question is, with progressive fatigue turned off, what would be the estimated adjustment as XP seems to get bloated?

I know it's a loaded question, but I figure you would have the best answer since you are adjusting here and there.

I came searching in this thread for an answer to this question as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2021, 02:20 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think a big thing in simming especially 10 years ahead is how many players are from the initial rosters. What I find when doing extended franchises is that even 10 years in it's still mostly original players. You have comparatively few drafted players that break into the top 10 at a position. Even positions like Wide receiver and halfbacks that typically age out pretty quick is mostly original roster players.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have done 8 different 10-years sims to come up with the below in progress sliders. If you are rookie in Madden 22 (ie Pick 1 Trevor Lawrence) you have 10 years experience after the 10 year sim. Below are the stats by position for starters with 11 or more years in the league at inception and then at year 10.

I feel this is lower than previous versions of Madden have would yielded but I am not going to check. Surprisingly the numbers aren't that different with the exception of MLB and FS.

The stats below are starters with 11+ years at inception / 11+ years post sim.

For QB, HB, FB, O-line, DE, LOLB, ROLB, FS, SS, K and P this is 32 players
For WR and CB this is 64 players.
For MLB and DT this is 48 players.

QB XP 80 - 6 / 7
HB XP 95 - 0 / 4
FB XP 100 - 0/ 1
WR XP 110 - 4/ 4
TE XP 105 - 2 / 4
LT XP 50 - 3 / 2
LG XP 50 - 3 / 4
C XP 45 - 1 / 2
RG XP 50 - 0 / 2
RT XP 50 - 2 / 1

LE XP 95 - 1 / 3
RE XP 95 - 5 / 3
DT XP 95 - 5 / 3
LOLB XP 100 - 0 / 1
MLB XP 95 - 0 / 6
ROLB XP 100 - 1 / 0
CB 110 - 1 / 1
FS 105 - 1 / 5
SS 110 - 0 / 2
K 110 - 6 / 8
P 110 - 5 / 4

The players that bucked the trend were:
FS Bates III 88, Fitzpatrick 84, Winfield Jr 82, Blackmon 76 and Chinn 78.
Bates and Fitzpatrick were year 3, 90+ Superstars. There others were year 1 stars at 80+.

MLB Murray Jr 84, Warner 82, Smith 82, Queen 80, White 79, Edmunds 77.
These guys had a similar profile.

With the sliders that try to limit the XP explosion of mediocre into good players that happens all to often in Madden the churn is good.

Last edited by Steely McBeam; 08-26-2021 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Formatting messed up
Old 08-26-2021, 04:12 AM   #29
Rookie

ShadowGhost25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McBeam
I have done 8 different 10-years sims to come up with the below in progress sliders. If you are rookie in Madden 22 (ie Pick 1 Trevor Lawrence) you have 10 years experience after the 10 year sim. Below are the stats by position for starters with 11 or more years in the league at inception and then at year 10.

I feel this is lower than previous versions of Madden have would yielded but I am not going to check. Surprisingly the numbers aren't that different with the exception of MLB and FS.

The stats below are starters with 11+ years at inception / 11+ years post sim.

For QB, HB, FB, O-line, DE, LOLB, ROLB, FS, SS, K and P this is 32 players
For WR and CB this is 64 players.
For MLB and DT this is 48 players.

QB XP 80 - 6 / 7
HB XP 95 - 0 / 4
FB XP 100 - 0/ 1
WR XP 110 - 4/ 4
TE XP 105 - 2 / 4
LT XP 50 - 3 / 2
LG XP 50 - 3 / 4
C XP 45 - 1 / 2
RG XP 50 - 0 / 2
RT XP 50 - 2 / 1

LE XP 95 - 1 / 3
RE XP 95 - 5 / 3
DT XP 95 - 5 / 3
LOLB XP 100 - 0 / 1
MLB XP 95 - 0 / 6
ROLB XP 100 - 1 / 0
CB 110 - 1 / 1
FS 105 - 1 / 5
SS 110 - 0 / 2
K 110 - 6 / 8
P 110 - 5 / 4

The players that bucked the trend were:
FS Bates III 88, Fitzpatrick 84, Winfield Jr 82, Blackmon 76 and Chinn 78.
Bates and Fitzpatrick were year 3, 90+ Superstars. There others were year 1 stars at 80+.

MLB Murray Jr 84, Warner 82, Smith 82, Queen 80, White 79, Edmunds 77.
These guys had a similar profile.

With the sliders that try to limit the XP explosion of mediocre into good players that happens all to often in Madden the churn is good.

When coming to these xp sliders did you leave the dev trait sliders on default or did you make changes to them as well
Old 08-26-2021, 05:01 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGhost25
When coming to these xp sliders did you leave the dev trait sliders on default or did you make changes to them as well

I leave them on default. From this point I am planning to take my franchise through to 2031 to see how it compares to the 10-year sims then tinker and start again for 2031 to 2040.

I play 5 games per season then Conference and Superbowl games if I make it that far and week to week sim the rest of the games. I should now how the sliders work in practice in a couple of weeks.

I am planning to do some wacky sliders plus dev year traits but I am not planning to spend to much time trying to get the to work unless something interesting pops up.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:59 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

I still looking at this. The threads about the it being broken weren't real clear. More rage than nuance. After mucking around for about 10 games to get the game play sliders in the ball park I started my offline franchise.

Playing as the Steelers with Roethlisberger in decline and then starting a rookie QB I have only played a three of games in the impacted windows. A 2021 week 13 loss to the Ravens, a 2022 week 17 win at Panthers and a week 13 loss at the Browns in 2023.

I am right now at Week 7 in 2024. The games I have planned to play are:
- Wk7 Giants, Wk 10 At Chiefs, Wk 14 At Bengals and Wk 17 At Browns.

I am probably going to play all of them no matter how badly the season goes just to look at XP impact for both sim and played games.

The "Progression History" tab of Player Card tells you how many snaps guys get from week to week.

Below is a sample of a Star defensive player having a quiet game:
Fantasy Goal 39 downs plays +117 XP
Fantasy Goal 1 Tackles +4 XP
Training Run Inside +667 XP

Same player having a good game:
Fantasy Goal 1 Passes Defensed +63 XP
Fantasy Goal 70 downs plays +210 XP
Fantasy Goal 5 Tackles +20 XP
Training Blitz Counter +634 XP

So disappearing for a week will not be a total disaster XP wise. And remember, someone is subbing in for the downs they are absent. For good players lack of production will impact their ability to get awards but quite possibly everyone else is in the same boat except human players but my team has struggled first three season and I have barely picked up an award.

Dumb immersion killer for sure. I have seen my HB disappear because of this before I understood what was happening clearly.

Last edited by Steely McBeam; 08-26-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 08:27 AM   #32
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McBeam
I still looking at this. The threads about the it being broken weren't real clear. More rage than nuance. After mucking around for about 10 games to get the game play sliders in the ball park I started my offline franchise.

Playing as the Steelers with Roethlisberger in decline and then starting a rookie QB I have only played a three of games in the impacted windows. A 2021 week 13 loss to the Ravens, a 2022 week 17 win at Panthers and a week 13 loss at the Browns in 2023.

I am right now at Week 7 in 2024. The games I have planned to play are:
- Wk7 Giants, Wk 10 At Chiefs, Wk 14 At Bengals and Wk 17 At Browns.

I am probably going to play all of them no matter how badly the season goes just to look at XP impact for both sim and played games.

The "Progression History" tab of Player Card tells you how many snaps guys get from week to week.

Below is a sample of a Star defensive player having a quiet game:
Fantasy Goal 39 downs plays +117 XP
Fantasy Goal 1 Tackles +4 XP
Training Run Inside +667 XP

Same player having a good game:
Fantasy Goal 1 Passes Defensed +63 XP
Fantasy Goal 70 downs plays +210 XP
Fantasy Goal 5 Tackles +20 XP
Training Blitz Counter +634 XP

So disappearing for a week will not be a total disaster XP wise. And remember, someone is subbing in for the downs they are absent. For good players lack of production will impact their ability to get awards but quite possibly everyone else is in the same boat except human players but my team has struggled first three season and I have barely picked up an award.

Dumb immersion killer for sure. I have seen my HB disappear because of this before I understood what was happening clearly.
No one has gone into that much detail, other than XP gains are causing players to skyrocket.

I don't mind turning off progressive fatigue, but I love the idea of having to spread out my training to include other guys due to fatigue setting in. If I can still do my weekly game planning etc, I can live with it.

Right now, I'm just waiting to see when/if they patch it and also getting the all important scouting patch.

Going back to playing my franchise in MLB the show in the mean time.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »