Home

Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2022, 03:19 PM   #9
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

Wait until January for 23, and by that time, it should be a better Madden than 22.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

For next gen, M21 is the best of the bunch.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm now firmly in the Madden 21 camp. Wish I had tried it sooner to be honest.

Currently working on roster editing and sliders to get accurate in game and league wide sim stats. Feeling very positive at the moment.

Game plays well - I am seeing good pass rushers beat bad offensive linemen and DB's breaking up plays. No robo-Qb's either.

It's not perfect but I'm hoping my roster edits and sliders will fix most things.

The custom draft files means you can get the accurate draft classes for 2021 and 2022 and my testing so far indicates they do not break the game (unlike Madden 23).

Other than placement passing (which I really liked) I won't miss Madden 23. The franchise bugs and interceptions are just too much and the lack of any real feedback from the developers that they are going to fix things is just beyond infuriating.

I also dislike HFA momentum, and the AI changes that make the AI go for stupid long FG's rather than a coffin corner punt.

Added bonus of playing Madden 21 means I get to erase the SB wins of the Rams and Buccs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
What exactly is so buggy about it?
There were countless issues, especially with match coverage, but the big one for me is that any use of custom playbooks outright breaks Madden 22. While using custom playbooks (the only way I ever play Madden), I’ve had my entire playbook disappear from the play call UI during games forcing me to burn timeouts or take delay penalties, and I’ve seen my team literally permanently disappear from the field during games in a way that the software could not recover from.

Separate from obvious game-breaking bugs, defense was fundamentally nonexistent in Madden 22. Because edge rushers could not get downfield against offensive tackles and generally always got stonewalled, any quarterback could sprint out of the pocket for free, putting an unbearable level of stress on flat defenders in zone defense and allowing free rushing yards against man. Even on All Madden I watched players in my online league tear up the CPU with terribly rated QBs such as Sam Ehlinger.

Finally, Franchise mode was just… kinda dumb? Certain scenarios such as the Soul Searching veteran triggered predictably and way too often. The scouting update was half-baked. The UI was unreadable. The entire experience was unbearably slow.

I usually go well out of my way to try to find positives about a given Madden game, but I cannot and do not recommend Gen-5 Madden 22 to anyone under any circumstance. Play literally any other Madden game. I hated it.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-28-2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:42 PM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There were countless issues, especially with match coverage, but the big one for me is that any use of custom playbooks outright breaks Madden 22. While using custom playbooks (the only way I ever play Madden), I’ve had my entire playbook disappear from the play call UI during games forcing me to burn timeouts or take delay penalties, and I’ve seen my team literally permanently disappear from the field during games in a way that the software could not recover from.

Separate from obvious game-breaking bugs, defense was fundamentally nonexistent in Madden 22. Because edge rushers could not get downfield against offensive tackles and generally always got stonewalled, any quarterback could sprint out of the pocket for free, putting an unbearable level of stress on flat defenders in zone defense and allowing free rushing yards against man. Even on All Madden I watched players in my online league tear up the CPU with terribly rated QBs such as Sam Ehlinger.

Finally, Franchise mode was just… kinda dumb? Certain scenarios such as the Soul Searching veteran triggered predictably and way too often. The scouting update was half-baked. The UI was unreadable. The entire experience was unbearably slow.

I usually go well out of my way to try to find positives about a given Madden game, but I cannot and do not recommend Gen-5 Madden 22 to anyone under any circumstance. Play literally any other Madden game. I hated it.
All very good points. I pretty much never had any of these issues and honestly, other than the INT issues on Madden 23, I am not having any issues here either....well, I don't think the motion of the players is very good but that's not really a bug.

While all your points are valid for sure, I think the issues plaguing 23 at this stage of the game are more severe and affecting a lot more people than the issues that you described in last years game.

Do you think Madden 23 is inherently better at it's gameplay core than 22?
Old 09-28-2022, 07:47 PM   #14
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco

Currently working on roster editing and sliders to get accurate in game and league wide sim stats. Feeling very positive at the moment.

Game plays well - I am seeing good pass rushers beat bad offensive linemen and DB's breaking up plays. No robo-Qb's either.

It's not perfect but I'm hoping my roster edits and sliders will fix most things.

The custom draft files means you can get the accurate draft classes for 2021 and 2022 and my testing so far indicates they do not break the game (unlike Madden 23).

Other than placement passing (which I really liked) I won't miss Madden 23. The franchise bugs and interceptions are just too much and the lack of any real feedback from the developers that they are going to fix things is just beyond infuriating.

I also dislike HFA momentum, and the AI changes that make the AI go for stupid long FG's rather than a coffin corner punt.

Added bonus of playing Madden 21 means I get to erase the SB wins of the Rams and Buccs!
Greetings my friend across the pond! Going to the game this weekend by chance? Anyway....

I wanted to make you aware of a "bug/glitch/bad programming" that I just remembered. In might have been fixed in a patch but for sure CPU AI quarterbacks had an issue with throwing the ball away really early whenever any of you Dlineman started to get through. As Myles Garrett I would time things up and make a move and get around the edge and the QB was still 5 yards away and he'd heave it out of bounds. This happened a lot! I mean a lot a lot! I think this was an over correction from the previous gen madden 21 where the CPU QB would often hold onto the ball and just back up, back up, back up and get sacked. A lot. I mean....a lot a lot.

I think they may have tweaked it with patches but be on the look out. Hopefully it's fixed.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco

BB> when you get that roster and sliders done will you be posting it in the Madden 21 vault? I'm very interested in seeing it.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 04:24 PM   #16
MVP

Re: Madden 21 or Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

OK guys. It seems Madden 21 is the best of the bunch so we'll add them to the question.

Madden 21 vs. Madden 22 vs. Madden 23????

It seems many like 21. Glad I didn't sell that one yet. Had it up for sale on e-bay but no takers so I took it off to give 21 another chance.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »