Home

So whats on the vision board for 24?

This is a discussion on So whats on the vision board for 24? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
So whats on the vision board for 24?

I'm sure ideas are being tossed about in general conversation in the office. Madden 23 is looking and playing pretty solid on the field, now how can they take it over the top? Personally, I'd say focus on the actual "weight" of the players next go around. Optimization to the physics engine. At the moment, I think ratings play a huge role, disregarding the density of the players. How can they get a good balance of ratings and how much the player weighs with momentum/velocity playing a role?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2022, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: So whats on the vision board for 24?

I think they really need to make Franchise mode more realistic, rather than superficial features that are largely meaningless. Right now you have two coaches, with skill trees that you can basically max out after a season or two, and that's it. How about real coaching staffs, and not these artificial skill trees. Your OC/DC/WR/RB/DL/LB/Sec/SP teams coaches all have strengths and weaknesses in how the affect your teams ratings. Have an ACTUAL coaching carousel. Tie schemes and playbooks to the OC/DC you have, rather than who the head coach is. Get rid of the god-forsaken owner/player/coach mode, and develop a more robust true GM mode. No one cares about hot dog and sweatshirt prices and the "owner" mode hasn't been touched in like a decade.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I think they really need to make Franchise mode more realistic, rather than superficial features that are largely meaningless. Right now you have two coaches, with skill trees that you can basically max out after a season or two, and that's it. How about real coaching staffs, and not these artificial skill trees. Your OC/DC/WR/RB/DL/LB/Sec/SP teams coaches all have strengths and weaknesses in how the affect your teams ratings. Have an ACTUAL coaching carousel. Tie schemes and playbooks to the OC/DC you have, rather than who the head coach is. Get rid of the god-forsaken owner/player/coach mode, and develop a more robust true GM mode. No one cares about hot dog and sweatshirt prices and the "owner" mode hasn't been touched in like a decade.
Absolutely. I would recommend that Franchise be the MAIN and only mode. It shouldn't be called "connected career" (is it still called that?) for nothing. Franchise should be the "hub" of the entire experience with elements of MUT, The Yard, etc integrated into the framework, that way, franchise mode would have the strict attention it needs and everything else branches off of it. Face of the Franchise could EASILY be integrated into franchise mode which would contribute more man hours to franchise development instead having different dev teams split up.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:24 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Playbooks need basically all of the attention if this game is ever going to properly represent modern NFL football.

The wide zone / boot leg scheme which is the defacto offense in the NFL right now is impossible to run because in Madden the defense does not ever respect the wide run action. It is additionally impossible to freeze or otherwise fake out the backside edge defender with just under-center PA Boot action, so the QB is always running for his life.

Plays which include a jet motion fake generally do not work because the fake-then-handoff action is way too slow. This problem is even more pronounced for under-center jet-motion playaction passes, which basically concede a sack every single time.

Basically, running Sean McVay's offense is impossible in Madden right now.

Defense is no better. The back-seating of match coverage makes all default pass defense (and thus all CPU pass defense) at least 40 years out of date. The list of available coverages need a massive refresh to bring pass defense forward into the present.

Additionally, modern NFL defenses are blitzing less and less often, instead favoring creeper pressures and defensive line stunts to get to the quarterback. You can do creeper pressures with clever user play and defensive hot routes, but stunts have never been properly represented in Madden or any EA Sports football game.

Finally, custom playbooks are a disaster. There are bugs in that feature which have been present since at least Madden NFL 17, and I'm sure they exist from earlier but I wasn't keeping track until then.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:08 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

CPU AI on and off the field. Both still need so much work.

Defenses need to be more dynamic. They generally play their assignment and that's it. They don't react to players in their zone well enough or hand off receivers when they leave their zone.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 02:20 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hopefully a complete overhaul of the animation system for they can add more offenses and defensive plays to the game. Due to the lack luster animation system, a lot of plays can't be added because they don't have the animations to support it. Remind me of the old NCAA days when they didn't have the animations to properly support read option and triple option plays. By NCAA 14 they added them though. Lack of animations is another reason there is a lack of flags in the game. If they added WR/DB hand fighting, pushing and jersey tugging, it would be all kinds of defensive holding and pass interference being called. You would also see defenders in zone properly signal WR hand offs to their fellow defenders in zone.

The severely outdated playbooks is hindering this game. They don't have modern playbooks, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

For 24 I don't care about gameplay, franchise, or any other mode. The only thing I want is a game that is reliable and works. M23 is a fun game... when it works. Which is hardly ever. It's been such a frustrating year. If the game sucked I wouldn't care about the bugs, but at it's core this is a really fun game. It just has the most bugs of any game I've ever played and it feels like the most incompetent developers of all time. It's insanely frustrating.

I used to dream about a stadium builder, uniform creator, realistic contract options, a progressive injury system... but Tiburon has sucked away all my hopes and dreams for this game and now all I am asking for is a game that works.

Last edited by PhillyPhanatic14; 10-18-2022 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #8
Pro

The funny thing is that I don't even hate the game. No matter what amazing features they highlight in for the upcoming season, you know there is going to be something that either makes the game virtually unplayable, or you have to for multiple patches to get it to work right.

One of the things I would love to see is create-a-team with more options return and I would love to see the super stars of the past be available in franchise but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »