Home

Madden NFL 23 Patch #4 Addresses Franchise Mode, Gameplay & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Patch #4 Addresses Franchise Mode, Gameplay & More - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #57
Rookie

OnBabyFoNem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 23 Patch #4 Addresses Franchise Mode, Gameplay & More - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
I've ran a bunch of franchises and the only player I see every time is Herbert. You will get other players sporadically but Herbert is always there because the Chargers cap situation is terrible and the game probably isn't smart enough/does not have the tools to figure out how to make the space to re-sign him.

You can go in and edit his contract in week 18 if you want him to stay on the Chargers.
free agency seemed to play out good. Herbert is still on the chargers season 2 but was franchise tagged.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #58
Rookie

OnBabyFoNem's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 23 Patch #4 Addresses Franchise Mode, Gameplay & More - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishIsGood
So the draft revert bug was only fixed for online and offline users still have a broken franchise mode?

Man that sucks…
What do you mean by offline? I still play on the cloud even though I’m the only person in my franchise.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:01 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishIsGood
So the draft revert bug was only fixed for online and offline users still have a broken franchise mode?

Man that sucks…

I really don't get this "broken" Franchise complaint.

Honestly, how many players actually play through the 10+ seasons needed to make the bug a 100% crash issue? I'd wager less than 1% of all players who exclusively play Franchise mode do so. I exclusively play Franchise, and I've gotten to 8 seasons played only a couple times because eventually I get bored with my team and restart. For the bug to crash your Franchise with 100% certainty, you need to play 10+ seasons.

It's annoying, it sucks, but it's not this major issue affecting a ton of players that the doomsayers say it is.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:33 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnBabyFoNem
free agency seemed to play out good. Herbert is still on the chargers season 2 but was franchise tagged.
He hits free agency after the 2nd year, not after the 1st year. He wouldn't be franchised tagged in the 2nd year since he would only hit his 4th season then. They don't tag or re-sign him from any of the 8 or so franchises I've messed around with.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:51 PM   #61
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
I really don't get this "broken" Franchise complaint.

Honestly, how many players actually play through the 10+ seasons needed to make the bug a 100% crash issue? I'd wager less than 1% of all players who exclusively play Franchise mode do so. I exclusively play Franchise, and I've gotten to 8 seasons played only a couple times because eventually I get bored with my team and restart. For the bug to crash your Franchise with 100% certainty, you need to play 10+ seasons.

It's annoying, it sucks, but it's not this major issue affecting a ton of players that the doomsayers say it is.

Shouldn't brush it off. It is broken if you can't go past 10 seasons. The mode is sold as 30 seasons if I recall correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2022, 11:21 PM   #62
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Anyone notice the CPU basically never runs the ball anymore? I just played against the Browns and they had 6 carries. 12 minute quarters. This has been a reoccurring theme for the past 5-6 games I’ve played. Including games against Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Francisco who obviously all have feature backs.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:25 AM   #63
Rookie

OnBabyFoNem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
He hits free agency after the 2nd year, not after the 1st year. He wouldn't be franchised tagged in the 2nd year since he would only hit his 4th season then. They don't tag or re-sign him from any of the 8 or so franchises I've messed around with.
Oh ok. Well I will give update after this season.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:19 AM   #64
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Ok......the game play is actually nice now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »