Home

Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-10-2023, 05:13 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
Wow, after watching the superstar mode reveal trailer today, the franchise team should be embarrassed. Not only does superstar get all the new fresh, immersive presentation, and cut scenes but there is actually depth and replay ability.
Guess we know why franchise doesn’t get any new features or anything with actual depth. They’re all being implemented into superstar mode. Rewatch the franchise trailer and the superstar mode trailer and ask yourself, which mode EA actually cares about.
Franchise mode will NEVER get the ATD, immersion or depth that superstar mode gets every year. How many times have they tried something new with that mode, failed then come out swinging again. While franchise sits with no depth, new features or creativity from the devs team. It’s nothing but recycled features year after year with tuning updates mixed in to fill the bullet points.
Extremely disappointed with the direction of Franchise also and feel our feedback is often disregarded/scrutinized. We get a few features a year (usually the easier ones to implement) that are generally very shallow and break other things - bare minimum effort compared to what should be expected from the only NFL game. Would honestly like to see a clean house at this point as I have 0 faith Madden will ever have such an in-depth Franchise experience as 2K and year-after-year customization/presentation are huge gaps. Basic things the community has been begging for years that are common in every other eSport game (some are even in other modes of the game):

- A team creator suite where we can create our own teams and not select from preset options...
- A face editor in Franchise instead of picking from those PS2-looking faces until your league is full of them (biggest vote-getter in the Franchise beta feedback forum...)
- Tattoo editor
- Stadium builder
- Equipment that more accurately represents what players wear on game-day
- Being able to decide on the weather before the game
- Presentation that more closely matches what we see on game day
- Updated commentary

Minicamps and things like extra trade slots are nice but I question if they should be the top selling point items and whether the priority list was purely based on community feedback. Most of the above are extremely basic/foundational and features Madden use to have. Right now, see the mode getting better at a snail's pace (when things like save issues don't destroy the game) and the direction is not very innovative/immersive compared to other modes/games. 2k even added eras - would love something like that in Madden but seems lightyears away if ever. Will check out how the PC crowd is able to mod the game but the product I see now is extremely underwhelming. The sentiment I get from Madden is we should just be happy if we get anything without losing features and it could be worse...

Last edited by dvdsaba; 08-10-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2023, 08:07 PM   #226
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

It is a really interesting thing reading through this thread to see all of the different perspectives as to what people are looking for in a Madden franchise to make it enjoyable.

I am near 40 years old. I have taken a hiatus from Madden for a few years because of how barebones I felt the franchise had become. A few weeks ago though, I began playing 23 to see what it was like. I did enjoy it to an extent, but not to the level of what I have ever enjoyed playing the NCAA football series or NBA 2k.

That got me to thinking, can we actually quantify what this game is missing to make it more, enjoyable/fun for everyone? For me, I cannot really put my finger on it but I did start making a list in my mind going through this thread:

With a couple of quick notes though, I am always going to enjoy NCAA Football better. College football is more personal for me. I believe what makes college football different than NFL is that it is in regions that the NFL isn't. So even though the Madden series sold more when they were both around, there are some of us that always enjoyed NCAA better than Madden.

Second note, I am an NBA guy. I can play NBA 2k any number of ways and enjoy it. There are some things that I think it does better, but for someone like me, I am not sure that the gap is as great as I thought it was before I started deeply thinking about this.

For me, and many others will disagree:
I don't care about being able to edit players looks, tattoos, team uniforms, stadiums, etc. None of that matters to me. It does nothing for me and I will never use it. However, I believe that the randomness in the game should be enough that we don't notice 5 players looking identical.

- Penalties should work without sliders changes. The way the game plays currently, all penalties should be removed because they are basically non-existent, besides roughing the passer.

- Out of the box, we shouldn't have to tweak sliders to get a good experience. Not everyone will agree with this, I get that, but, I am to the age that messing with sliders has become more of a game killer for me. Where is the challenge of picking of a game that is competitive out of the box and jump up levels when I get to good at it? Instead of having to tweak everything little thing to make it resemble an actual NFL game.

- I believe that news around the league should be a bigger deal and more prominent in this game and 2k. I could go an entire season and never have a clue who else is having a good season, what anyone else's record is, etc., unless I went digging through clunky menus. NCAA football in the past had a magazine cover. How excellent was that? Or even the way NCAA football showed all of the games on one menu, so when you played/simmed your game, you can see the results of all of the other games at the same time. If we are going to immerse ourselves in a franchise, then make everything else that is going on around the league a bigger deal and more prominent.

- To add more above, when a big trade or free agency signing is completed, why can't there be a pop up announcing it? Storylines should be presented in a way that you can't miss them. If there isn't some type of almost forced immersion, it is really easy to sleep walk through this game. That causes the fun to wear out quickly.

- Better commentary, more commentary teams and different presentations. If we are playing a Monday night game, it should feel different than a Sunday afternoon game.

- I can't describe it, but the menus feel so clunky. Can we not smooth them out?

- Finances, if they are a big deal, then why aren't we ever notified of changes we should make? On 2k even, the only thing you really see is your profit on the bottom of the screen.

These are just a few thoughts and I know from reading this that there are a lot of you that customization is important for you as far as immersion in your franchise. I am all for that that, but I think some of these other issues are immersion killers as well. If someone breaks a career record or has a season ending injury, I personally believe that the joy of playing a franchise is the fact that is thrown into your face in a way that makes you stop and think about it.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-10-2023, 08:54 PM   #227
Rookie

Has anyone ran a franchise with the lowest amount of desired dev traits? (300/50/20)

I am tired of seeing my teams (and others) completely full of players with a dev trait. I want it to feel like finding even a 'star' player is a big deal and superstars/x-factors are guys you can't live without.

But I worry how this would affect everything around dev traits, would award winners still get upgrades? Would the draft be completely filled with only normal devs?

I'm not so worried about regression, I think the NFL fluctuates star players more than other leagues so having different players trade off dev traits on a year to year basis is fun for me.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:02 PM   #228
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
It is a really interesting thing reading through this thread to see all of the different perspectives as to what people are looking for in a Madden franchise to make it enjoyable.

I am near 40 years old. I have taken a hiatus from Madden for a few years because of how barebones I felt the franchise had become. A few weeks ago though, I began playing 23 to see what it was like. I did enjoy it to an extent, but not to the level of what I have ever enjoyed playing the NCAA football series or NBA 2k.

That got me to thinking, can we actually quantify what this game is missing to make it more, enjoyable/fun for everyone? For me, I cannot really put my finger on it but I did start making a list in my mind going through this thread:

With a couple of quick notes though, I am always going to enjoy NCAA Football better. College football is more personal for me. I believe what makes college football different than NFL is that it is in regions that the NFL isn't. So even though the Madden series sold more when they were both around, there are some of us that always enjoyed NCAA better than Madden.

Second note, I am an NBA guy. I can play NBA 2k any number of ways and enjoy it. There are some things that I think it does better, but for someone like me, I am not sure that the gap is as great as I thought it was before I started deeply thinking about this.

For me, and many others will disagree:

I don't care about being able to edit players looks, tattoos, team uniforms, stadiums, etc. None of that matters to me. It does nothing for me and I will never use it. However, I believe that the randomness in the game should be enough that we don't notice 5 players looking identical.

- Penalties should work without sliders changes. The way the game plays currently, all penalties should be removed because they are basically non-existent, besides roughing the passer.

- Out of the box, we shouldn't have to tweak sliders to get a good experience. Not everyone will agree with this, I get that, but, I am to the age that messing with sliders has become more of a game killer for me. Where is the challenge of picking of a game that is competitive out of the box and jump up levels when I get to good at it? Instead of having to tweak everything little thing to make it resemble an actual NFL game.

- I believe that news around the league should be a bigger deal and more prominent in this game and 2k. I could go an entire season and never have a clue who else is having a good season, what anyone else's record is, etc., unless I went digging through clunky menus. NCAA football in the past had a magazine cover. How excellent was that? Or even the way NCAA football showed all of the games on one menu, so when you played/simmed your game, you can see the results of all of the other games at the same time. If we are going to immerse ourselves in a franchise, then make everything else that is going on around the league a bigger deal and more prominent.

- To add more above, when a big trade or free agency signing is completed, why can't there be a pop up announcing it? Storylines should be presented in a way that you can't miss them. If there isn't some type of almost forced immersion, it is really easy to sleep walk through this game. That causes the fun to wear out quickly.

- Better commentary, more commentary teams and different presentations. If we are playing a Monday night game, it should feel different than a Sunday afternoon game.

- I can't describe it, but the menus feel so clunky. Can we not smooth them out?

- Finances, if they are a big deal, then why aren't we ever notified of changes we should make? On 2k even, the only thing you really see is your profit on the bottom of the screen.

These are just a few thoughts and I know from reading this that there are a lot of you that customization is important for you as far as immersion in your franchise. I am all for that that, but I think some of these other issues are immersion killers as well. If someone breaks a career record or has a season ending injury, I personally believe that the joy of playing a franchise is the fact that is thrown into your face in a way that makes you stop and think about it.
I think at the end of the day it's all still looking at numbers on a spreadsheet. Want to scout your opponents let me scroll through a list of numbers to see their ratings. Amy cool storylines? Not really. So and so passed for 400 yards or this player is hurt. It's really clunky. Any big trades or signings? I don't know. Let me look for it. Do players get hurt or get their growth stunted? Not really. Players on IR still get full practice XP.

The old franchise modes of yesteryear had a pretty convenient way to have your pulse around the league through 2 systems...

One was through emails... One was through a more realistic opponent scouting system. Each week you would get messages from players and coaches. Topics included players playing former teams, players having a bad stretch of games and regressing, players letting you know they're holding out, players letting you know they're retiring, owners highlighting key games, players are hurt, players playing well and progressing, players letting you know they're on the Madden cover, pro bowls, yearly awards and more I can't remember.

The detailed opponent matchup... Each week your coordinator highlighted 3 key players to watch out for including key aspects of their strengths and weaknesses. There was also a detailed paragraph of players overall ability. It was strictly based on ratings but it gave you a good snapshot of the players you were up against. It was much faster and easier than looking at the roster and scrolling through 50 different ratings to see who you were up against.

Were these mostly superficial? Sure. But it gave players and franchises personality. It provided info to players in an immersive way. Immersion is still lacking. Everything still feels so sterile even after all the additions. Player tags help but there should be so much more. I have an idea of F-Factors. Or franchise factors. Basically it's all the player roles from the PS2 era Maddens. Just a way to give all players some more personality.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2023, 09:29 PM   #229
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think at the end of the day it's all still looking at numbers on a spreadsheet. Want to scout your opponents let me scroll through a list of numbers to see their ratings. Amy cool storylines? Not really. So and so passed for 400 yards or this player is hurt. It's really clunky. Any big trades or signings? I don't know. Let me look for it. Do players get hurt or get their growth stunted? Not really. Players on IR still get full practice XP.

The old franchise modes of yesteryear had a pretty convenient way to have your pulse around the league through 2 systems...

One was through emails... One was through a more realistic opponent scouting system. Each week you would get messages from players and coaches. Topics included players playing former teams, players having a bad stretch of games and regressing, players letting you know they're holding out, players letting you know they're retiring, owners highlighting key games, players are hurt, players playing well and progressing, players letting you know they're on the Madden cover, pro bowls, yearly awards and more I can't remember.

The detailed opponent matchup... Each week your coordinator highlighted 3 key players to watch out for including key aspects of their strengths and weaknesses. There was also a detailed paragraph of players overall ability. It was strictly based on ratings but it gave you a good snapshot of the players you were up against. It was much faster and easier than looking at the roster and scrolling through 50 different ratings to see who you were up against.

Were these mostly superficial? Sure. But it gave players and franchises personality. It provided info to players in an immersive way. Immersion is still lacking. Everything still feels so sterile even after all the additions. Player tags help but there should be so much more. I have an idea of F-Factors. Or franchise factors. Basically it's all the player roles from the PS2 era Maddens. Just a way to give all players some more personality.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You stated it really well. It doesn’t have to be deep to help with immersion.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-10-2023, 10:38 PM   #230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
Wow, after watching the superstar mode reveal trailer today, the franchise team should be embarrassed. Not only does superstar get all the new fresh, immersive presentation, and cut scenes but there is actually depth and replay ability.
Guess we know why franchise doesn’t get any new features or anything with actual depth. They’re all being implemented into superstar mode. Rewatch the franchise trailer and the superstar mode trailer and ask yourself, which mode EA actually cares about.
Franchise mode will NEVER get the ATD, immersion or depth that superstar mode gets every year. How many times have they tried something new with that mode, failed then come out swinging again. While franchise sits with no depth, new features or creativity from the devs team. It’s nothing but recycled features year after year with tuning updates mixed in to fill the bullet points.

time to start #FixMaddenFranchise again.... the lack of attention franchise mode gets is ridiculous! we deserve better!
Old 08-10-2023, 11:34 PM   #231
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Well, guess I will be more intrigued by Superstar mode vs franchise mode.

Better than The Yard or FOTF for my taste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2023, 12:33 AM   #232
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Really wish there was a complete revamp to progression and regression, or at the least add in production based changes. As it is now, it's strictly based on age, overall, dev trait. Production only makes you better, while poor production doesn't do anything to you. You can have a 26yr old 92ovr WR who has a full 17 game season with 31rec 305yds 2tds and he will literally get better by the next season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »