Home

Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-11-2023, 01:44 PM   #241
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Franchise Mode Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Would be great if we could get a regression thread once the game launches. I'd love to get advice about how to set these up and I enjoy reading all of the testing you guys are doing.
Mentioned it above but I've started a universal settings tool. To explain it more, it will show the OVR distribution curves of the base roster and have mechanisms that let you estimate the change to league OVR by tweaking progression/regression settings such as xp slider, regression slider, regression age and dev caps.

Eg. it will help decide if you want a really high xp but really high regression league at an early age but at max dev caps, so you need to be a superstar to survive above 80ovr long term and normal devs decline rapidly if not starting.

Caveat: The initial version won't check for compounding issues (assuming change to age regression AND regression slider doubles the effect and not quadruple it).

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2023, 10:18 PM   #242
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Mentioned it above but I've started a universal settings tool. To explain it more, it will show the OVR distribution curves of the base roster and have mechanisms that let you estimate the change to league OVR by tweaking progression/regression settings such as xp slider, regression slider, regression age and dev caps.

Eg. it will help decide if you want a really high xp but really high regression league at an early age but at max dev caps, so you need to be a superstar to survive above 80ovr long term and normal devs decline rapidly if not starting.

Caveat: The initial version won't check for compounding issues (assuming change to age regression AND regression slider doubles the effect and not quadruple it).

Smart people like you are why we need that thread. Compounding issues would've never crossed my mind... I'd up the QB age, lower the RB age, and let the rest sort itself out and never really know if it was working or not lol.
Old 08-14-2023, 12:20 AM   #243
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
It is a really interesting thing reading through this thread to see all of the different perspectives as to what people are looking for in a Madden franchise to make it enjoyable.
I think everyone is pretty much saying the same thing in different ways...

Immersion is what we all want. How we get to that is vast, but that's really because there's no immersion right now. Whether it's the settings (probably the most improved), the presentation, commentary, visuals or story, there is something missing that makes this NOT feel like 30 years of an NFL franchise. Not as an owner and not as a coach.

I've often thought that football is probably the hardest of the sports to code for, and that just getting that right takes a village. And the fact they've done excellent at immersion before tells me they aren't lost on the concept. It's just something don't have the resources to do, or whether that's financially or time wise or it's just too big a task to put in one game.

Whatever it is.. It's definitely missing franchise immersion unlike any other sports game
Old 08-14-2023, 01:59 PM   #244
Rookie

Xcfisme's Arena

Does the CPU restructure deals and use the fifth year options as well or is that still exclusive for User use only
Old 08-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #245
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by venem557
I think everyone is pretty much saying the same thing in different ways...

Immersion is what we all want. How we get to that is vast, but that's really because there's no immersion right now. Whether it's the settings (probably the most improved), the presentation, commentary, visuals or story, there is something missing that makes this NOT feel like 30 years of an NFL franchise. Not as an owner and not as a coach.

I've often thought that football is probably the hardest of the sports to code for, and that just getting that right takes a village. And the fact they've done excellent at immersion before tells me they aren't lost on the concept. It's just something don't have the resources to do, or whether that's financially or time wise or it's just too big a task to put in one game.

Whatever it is.. It's definitely missing franchise immersion unlike any other sports game
Yeah I would almost describe it as too predictable with too little adversity. When you draft a player you immediately know how good he is. You know who will make the playoffs every year based on the team. And perhaps most importantly, you have no idea what is going on with other teams unless you make it a point of emphasis.

There's really 3 things to do to fix these things. Fog of war for ratings. A weekly recap show (just copy 2k5. We need highlights), and vastly expand on the scenario engine, especially with multi game scenarios. One of my favorite moments in Madden is when Deion Jones was contemplating retirement in the middle of the season and the broadcasters let me know. We need more stuff like that. It was extremely immersive. Position battles. We also need the scenario engine to affect the CPU as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2023, 03:20 AM   #246
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodicmarc
Yeah I would almost describe it as too predictable with too little adversity. When you draft a player you immediately know how good he is. You know who will make the playoffs every year based on the team. And perhaps most importantly, you have no idea what is going on with other teams unless you make it a point of emphasis.

If you notice between each version of Madden teams have a lot of the same players but at similar ovr each time. Maddens xp system is typically a constant move forwards but this year with the ability to set age regression and regression slider (plus dev caps and xp sliders) it will be possible to have a hard core franchise mode where breakouts are the only way to gain franchise cornerstones and with increase in injuries, fight to keep them elite.

Old 08-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #247
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, age will be able to be edited. It was mistakenly removed for the beta with some of the UI changes and I just put it back in last week. No option to choose weather in franchise yet.

The thing with the breakouts is that they're not 100% guaranteed. They have certain requirements that differ based on the DEV trait and even if you hit those requirements, there's still only like a 30% chance the scenario will fire. This was done to prevent them from spamming week over week as well as to prevent there from being too many players going up too fast. So when you have those monster games and don't get a breakout but then get one when you have a game not nearly as good, that's why.

We definitely have a bug for the injury being overwritten and we've had some discussions around the player getting XP. I believe the decision was made to not completely stunt a player's growth if they're out for an extended period of time but we could look at reducing or removing it in the future.

Still very much a thing!
Deuce, major problems with draft class creator, QB's over 225 have huge gut you can't fix in editor, linemen are slim and you can't make their arms or legs bigger see pic 6'4 330+ ponds looks like LB.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2023, 08:58 PM   #248
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcfisme
Does the CPU restructure deals and use the fifth year options as well or is that still exclusive for User use only
Yes they restructure and use fifth year option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »