Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2023, 06:26 PM   #81
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am positive that the new EA College Football Team is going to push Madden to be better in many of the areas that it needs it, atmosphere and weather to start.
I'm hoping for this also.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 06:38 PM   #82
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For all you guys here complaining and whining about how dare someone like the game? Meanwhile, the rest of us are simply enjoying Madden 24

As for the idea that EA "fooled" everyone and that's why the sales are so high. That might make sense if not for the 10 hour trial....

No offense, but most don’t care who’s enjoying this game. The issue is being excited for them doing good so they can keep the license. That to me is kind blowing and borderline cringe. Who wouldn’t like competition? SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2023, 10:06 PM   #83
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
No offense, but most don’t care who’s enjoying this game. The issue is being excited for them doing good so they can keep the license. That to me is kind blowing and borderline cringe. Who wouldn’t like competition? SMH

What does wanting competition and liking madden have to do with each other. You so called adults are blaming the wrong folks. Use your critical thinking skills. You can't make someone not buy a product that they like. Your issue should be with the NFL. Get a grip.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 09-14-2023 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:27 PM   #84
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Love it or hate it, Metacritic shows it currently has a rating of 65. The user rating is 1.1 and on Steam it has a "mostly negative" review rating.

So to say it is one of the best console football games ever per the OP, is a bit of a stretch and more of a personal opinion, wouldn't you say?

If that's what you're going for, then so be it.

As per usual Madden release, it had bugs, the UI was very slow and clunky and by the time the last title update hits in April, it should be a decent football sim.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:45 PM   #85
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Love it or hate it, Metacritic shows it currently has a rating of 65. The user rating is 1.1 and on Steam it has a "mostly negative" review rating.

So to say it is one of the best console football games ever per the OP, is a bit of a stretch and more of a personal opinion, wouldn't you say?

As per usual Madden release, it had bugs, the UI was very slow and clunky and by the time the last title update hits in April, it should be a decent football sim.

Isn't a rating a personal opinion? Besides Madden is a polarizing game, you either love it, tolerate it or hate it. Are you saying that the metacritic and other ratings override what you me and the OP feel about this game? Come on dude, stop it.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 09-14-2023 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 09:49 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22

So if I post about enjoying Madden and it being a good game then you think that it helps them to keep the license?

We all want competition, as has been stated many times, but that is a separate issue from any of us actually enjoying Madden.

btw Madden WILL have competition in EA College Football, and as I said above, that will likely help to push the game to be better.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-15-2023, 09:53 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

Review bombing, need to look it up. Many of the people who rate it are folks like who are in this thread, who just don't like EA and/or Madden.

And yes it is the best football videogame to me, as I said several times that is my opinion and although it may not be popular here, I can assure you it is an opinion that many others hold, even if they don't want to speak up and say it, for obvious reasons lol
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 09-15-2023, 09:56 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Isn't a rating a personal opinion? Besides Madden is a polarizing game, you either love it, tolerate it or hate it. Are you saying that the metacritic and other ratings override what you me and the OP feel about this game? Come on dude, stop it.
People who are unhappy with the game really hate it when others say they enjoy it.

As has been alluded to in this thread, but not implicitly stated, I think the reasoning is if people can openly admit to loving Madden then the exclusive license will stay with EA and things will never change.

But as I said, we are about to get EA College Football so things will already be changing next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »