Home

Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation?

This is a discussion on Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Does anyone remember the jump there was from ps1 to ps2?

That madden was such a jump and sold the system.

It created the madden boom.

Gimme a next gen game with NFL players, real tackling blocking running physics, as well as weather ball physics. Done thats it everyone would go nuts.

NBA 2k series is great causes its realistic. Madden doesnt know what it wants to be.
Yeah it was huge. But for me, NFL 2K took a bit of the wow away releasing a year earlier.

This commercial blew me away. The difference between it and PS1 football seemed insane.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Sage,

If by "stumble" you mean this:

Then yeah.

That was the sexiest stumble ive ever seen.... But back to the subject, Tiburon don't know what the heck they are doing with Madden. I think if Madden 15 doesn't blow people away, it isn't going to need competition to fail, because it's going to self destruct.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

EA truly feels like they put out a great product and that we are in the minority... "Play the game (waste $60 dollars on something you can't return) and then tell me what you think." I blame resources and marketing, the dev's are face of the franchise so they catch the brunt of it but in reality they can only do so much with what they are given.

I bought the game so after this weekend I'm going to give it a shot but I've been playing Madden for to long to believe that what I witnessed earlier was an outlier from what I will experience once I get hands on. From a business perspective not really sure how they could have gone about this aside from waiting until next August to release next Gen.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Crimsontide27, thank you for pretty much validating what I had been internalizing for years. I wish I could like this post more than once. You are 100% right the GCer program hasn't failed EA/Tiburon. It's failed us gamers who were naive enough to believe it/they could influence change.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 11-13-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Crimsontide27, thank you for pretty much validating what I had been internalizing for years. I wish I could like this post more than once.
He is on a roll! Kinda scary to confirm these dark suspicions, but the truth hurts sometimes.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 3

To the OP:
My thoughts exactly in 06.
I didnt care that it was scaled back feature wise. I wanted next gen visuals and a solid gameplAy. And while the gameplay can be debated, it certainly did look better than the gen before. I was not angry with it or Live in 06.
This new game...we'll see
Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Hopefully this dismal next gen debut will lead to a breath of fresh air to woosh into Our respective consoles. Hope.

Crimson tide thank you for giving that morsel of marketing truth. Fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 11-13-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Certainly you will understand If I leave some names and exact dates out of this, but hopefully this gives you some insight.

The gamechanger program has never, not even at the conception phase, been about making a better product. The entire game changer program was initially pitched as a program that could have far reaching positive effects on social media.

For quite awhile, EA had employed some previous QA testers, IE...pretty much minimum wage job to fans, to create forum accounts across the internet and basically run crowd control on all the negativity. This is what lead to the Gamechanger program.

What better way to run damage control than to allow select high visible posters from main stream sites access to their favorite game during the development process. Bring people in to meet the team, get tours of the studios, free products, early access, couple of times had the opportunity to meet some professional athletes, free hotel and airfare to Orlando etc. In return, you build loyalty and are given a rare opportunity to live out your passion.

I would disagree with you that the Gamechanger program has "failed" against Tiburon, and quite honestly has done everything they wanted. There are a few passionate gamechangers that want to bring ideas to the table and they don't last long. If you criticize or critique a game, it very well could be your last time down there.

There is a poster on this forum that has submitted multiple apps to be a gamechanger and copys / pastes his posts in direct IMs to other developers to demonstrate just how much he can do for them. This is the culture it has created. While he will defend Madden tooth and nail, he is only doing it because he wants the perks associated as a gamechanger, not because he really wants to be part of a better product.

At the end of the day, Gamechangers are not about bringing a better product, they are only there to be a cheap marketing tool , to deflect any criticism, and to hype the product up prior to release. Don't take my word for it, look at previous history.

Prior to every release since Community days / Gamechangers, you cant get rid of them pre-release. They come down to Orlando, spend a few days with the team and play maybe a combined total of 4-5 games and hit social media when they return. It generates hype and hysteria. As soon as the game is released you find out that they were just excited to be part of an experience, and hyped up the game for the sole purpose of personal gain. Being able to have access to pre-release footage, videos, insights etc, and being able to monetize those tools via social media, has created an environment to where the gamechangers look out for themselves for the most part, not those that they are supposed to represent.

How many times have you seen Gamechangers post prior to release and then disappear from the map post release?

And to the question about what has come from their site? Not much. Everything that Tiburon could ever want to know can be found on any of the numerous sports game sites, but I can tell you one of the most notable changes that came from a thread from OS!

For years the company followed the thread of the When , where , and how did you get it thread. The initial thought process was to find out what companies were breaking street dates and fine them, however. One clever guy thought outside the box and asked if there was a way they could capitalize financially off of this trend, as there seemed to be a large demand for it, as they noticed people would even drive out of state to get the game a few days early.

Thus Season Pass was born!!
Probably the most enlightening post I've ever read on this site. Kudos for the insight.

And I think we all know who the poster is here whose dying to become a EA/Madden GameChanger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »