Home

Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark)

This is a discussion on Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #97
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark)

So, so disappointed. I really, really wanted this game to be a nice surprise. Just a solid improvement in gameplay and a foundation for a next gen experience.

This is absolutely pathetic, and no one can justify what the team at Tiburon has done here. They pulled what is the very definition of a bait and switch here and this game is simply an updated current gen port. That is NOT what they were claiming at E3 and afterward, which is exactly why we haven't seen any gameplay footage from their marketing department. They knew all along they were lying.

The fact that any talk of improvement has to be dressed in terminology like "the feel of it" is different or whatever is enough proof that this is such a colossal failure.

Damnit, I just want a good football game that looks and feels like the team is trying to create a simulation using the amazing and advanced tool set given to them by current technology. And when I say current technology, I don't even mean this new next generation hardware. They could've done so much more previously. Enough excuses. So many developers have done so much more with so much less.

Disgusting. So frustrated right now.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #98
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Don't you guys want to play the game first before jumping to conclusions? Madden 25 even on current gen looks like 13 but it plays different.
I have M25 on the PS4, but I'm afraid to open it until I read impressions and watch more videos. I actually think CG Madden is okay (far from great, but not a steamy piece of poo like some make it out to be).

My expectations are rather low for NG. If the coverage is tighter, the line play is improved and the running game isn't wide open for the HUM, then I will consider opening it. That's my Big 3, so if any of those things are the same, then I'm going to return it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #99
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know much about the legal system and how it works, but can EA not be sued for false advertisement? The E3 footage with "Actual Game Footage" in big bold letters looks like a completely different game & actually looks on par with how close to the actual game footage of NBA 2K is to the E3 footage. Not even just the visual quality, but the overall movement and interaction with the players, looks NOTHING like what is in the final build of the game. If they put the words "Actual Game Footage" in those E3 videos, can we not take legal action if it is NOT actual game footage?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #100
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am pretty much in the same boat as Jeremy.

The reports are bad right now but I will have to hear from more OSers directly

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #101
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Let it be known mods he literally asked for this

Not seeing the big deal...Isn't 2k able to reach 4k resolutions? and surely it is easier to program for 10 players as opposed to 22...Not saying it looks bad, but not all that impressed...How many times are those animations repeated between players?

I watched NBA 2k14 NG live feed last night, just after watching M25 NG; not impressed except maybe for Miami's Andersen's tattoos.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #102
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Not seeing the big deal...Isn't 2k able to reach 4k resolutions? and surely it is easier to program for 10 players as opposed to 22...
Na man don't change the point, you said that 2k and Madden looked the same and now your making excuses talking about how easy it is to program for basketball. It's gotta be one or the other.

And if you can honestly say to yourself that anything Madden showed looks as good as this then we'll know there's no point in arguing with you.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #103
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Na man don't change the point, you said that 2k and Madden looked the same and now your making excuses talking about how easy it is to program for basketball. It's gotta be one or the other.

And if you can honestly say to yourself that anything Madden showed looks as good as this then we'll know there's no point in arguing with you.
I can honestly say that what I saw in live NBA gameplay and Madden looked the same....Also Madden NG promo close ups looked as detailed as the NBA promo closeups...

If you wanna make qualifiers on whether to continue to debate this, that is fine and on you...My point stands that the gameplay of the actual games look the same as well as the promos...Look at the RG3 promo and compare to the promo gifs you posted, same thing..
Old 11-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Not seeing the big deal...Isn't 2k able to reach 4k resolutions? and surely it is easier to program for 10 players as opposed to 22...Not saying it looks bad, but not all that impressed...How many times are those animations repeated between players?

I watched NBA 2k14 NG live feed last night, just after watching M25 NG; not impressed except maybe for Miami's Andersen's tattoos.
They have dynamic animations.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »