Home

madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1

This is a discussion on madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #17
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1

I have ps4 so I cant make a determination on XBox1 but Madden on ps4 plays wayyyyyy better than ps3
Old 01-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

What I have read and come to understand is that most developers of these multi platform games use the xbox as the main development and then adjust the settings for the ports to ps or pc.
The reason that xbox1 is smoother is the latency of the ddr3 ram. Ddr3 has timings of 9ms normally while ddr5 has timings around 25-27ms. This means how long it takes the information to travel. Ddr3 ram is the industry standard in high end gaming pc because of the tight timings. And don't look at the release versions. PS3 kicked xbox360 *** graphically at launch while at the end all the football games looked better on the 360.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #19
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

I have both consoles and madden on both as it was downloaded on ps4 with funds I had plus it was reduced in price and I have disc on xb1

They are both graphically identical but the one key factor that makes the ps4 look more appealing is the AA that negates the jaggies around players facemask when dealing from line of scrimmage

The jaggies are terrible on the xb1 and smooth on the ps4

The XB1 on the other hand has superior contrast and color pallets which makes the colors and blacks pop more

The PS4 colors are great but muted compared to the xb1

In terms of smoothness they both smooth but the controller on the XB1 is just so awesome for fast pace twitch games like sports and shooters...Even though the DS4 is fantastic compare to the garbage DS3

This goes for all multiplat games I have played in both consoles which is all of them

PS4 Will give you better resolution no doubt about it...Draw distance has more detail and things just look a bit more HD and of course the power of the PS4 is allowing the games to produce better frame rates in games like Tomb Raider but that is so overblown since to me IMHO 60fps is much more important in fast pace multi and twitch games...Tomb Raider not so much as that game does not present that type of action. 30FPS more then enough

XB1 will not give you the better overall resolution in most of these games but the contrast and color palette is much better on the XB1.. In many instances the details are better in close objects on XB1 games but overall detail and clarity goes to PS4
Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Why do I sense a lock coming? Could it be because this might turn into another console war? Lol.....
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #21
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I have both consoles and madden on both as it was downloaded on ps4 with funds I had plus it was reduced in price and I have disc on xb1

They are both graphically identical but the one key factor that makes the ps4 look more appealing is the AA that negates the jaggies around players facemask when dealing from line of scrimmage

The jaggies are terrible on the xb1 and smooth on the ps4

The XB1 on the other hand has superior contrast and color pallets which makes the colors and blacks pop more

The PS4 colors are great but muted compared to the xb1

In terms of smoothness they both smooth but the controller on the XB1 is just so awesome for fast pace twitch games like sports and shooters...Even though the DS4 is fantastic compare to the garbage DS3

This goes for all multiplat games I have played in both consoles which is all of them

PS4 Will give you better resolution no doubt about it...Draw distance has more detail and things just look a bit more HD and of course the power of the PS4 is allowing the games to produce better frame rates in games like Tomb Raider but that is so overblown since to me IMHO 60fps is much more important in fast pace multi and twitch games...Tomb Raider not so much as that game does not present that type of action. 30FPS more then enough

XB1 will not give you the better overall resolution in most of these games but the contrast and color palette is much better on the XB1.. In many instances the details are better in close objects on XB1 games but overall detail and clarity goes to PS4
which console do you enjoy madden more on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #22
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
which console do you enjoy madden more on
It depends on what is important to you. If you want the crisper looking version ps4 no doubt. Jaggies way out of control on xb1. It's like the xb1 is to sharp and needs a real anti aliasing. Colors contrast are better on xb1 in any multiple plat game. But resolution and in some games fps better on ps4 for sure

I prefer xb1 controllers for fps and sports games. Xb1 madden feels easier to pull moves due to xb1 controller
Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
It depends on what is important to you. If you want the crisper looking version ps4 no doubt. Jaggies way out of control on xb1. It's like the xb1 is to sharp and needs a real anti aliasing. Colors contrast are better on xb1 in any multiple plat game. But resolution and in some games fps better on ps4 for sure

I prefer xb1 controllers for fps and sports games. Xb1 madden feels easier to pull moves due to xb1 controller
Jaggies are not out of control whatsoever. By any chance, are you 720 or 1080? Did you tune the contrast and sharpness in the options field? I agree with everything you said but I just don't get the jaggy comment. I own the Xbox One version and have played the PS4 version at my bro in laws house. XBox One plays a bit smoother. Heck, the original port of the game was on the 360 and it runs smoother than the PS3 version.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #24
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

I have both consoles plugged in with the game running for both. Can't take video samples, but i can post pics. What do you want to see to compare in this non-scientific fashion?

PS4 looks and plays smoother. Like NYGiants4Natic said, the XB1 has noticeable jaggies and motion isn't as fluid.

PS4 muscles through all the loading and menus faster than the XB1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3125.jpg (545.0 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by onetonmartin; 01-31-2014 at 09:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »