Home

Madden 15 Silence is a good sign!?

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Silence is a good sign!? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 15 Silence is a good sign!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Someone on youtube said it about as well as it can be said...

Its not that 2K5 is even better than current Madden...its the fact that the games are still comparable. Madden 15 should be so far ahead of 2K5 in every aspect, that its not even comparable. Sadly, the ONLY things Madden are far ahead in graphics (not including animations) and online playability. Physics, animations, presentations, certain aspects of franchise mode and certain aspects of gameplay from 2K5 are all comparable to Madden today, and in many cases, better.

And thats not meant to pimp 2K5 or bash Madden....just to give an idea how little football gaming has come in the last 10 years...which is mainly due to the exclusive license.
I can certainly personally agree with this mentality because about the only Madden's I liked from LG was 10 and 12, but that doesn't mean my opinion of the game is any better than anyone else's take on the game.

I'm outnumbered with my friends and family about 10 to 1 on my opinion on Madden and where it's heading. These are people who go on the net to answer their own emails and stay away from FB, YT and Twitter and don't spend much time on the net.

I've tried in the past to debate with them, but they are quick to come back with , "then why do you keep buying the game." mmm, I keep coming back year after year since the beginning. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's habit, maybe it's because the Packers have been a winning team over the past 20 yrs and I like playing coach and GM, or that I'm currently in online leagues with family and friends,but I'm part of the problem where I stand, but on my end, it's too late to convince other people in my family and my friends on their take of the game. They enjoy the game as is.

The majority of the reason I'm buying the game now is because of the leagues I'm in.

Last edited by roadman; 06-02-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 14

Being the eternal optimist that I am, this is going to be the best Madden ever. NFL 2k15, Fever 15 and Gameday 15 will be around to push innovation and in a couple of years it will be tough to figure out which game to buy, because they all offer something a little different but equally good, so I'll buy all of them. It will be 2004 all over again and I'll be 30 again.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Madden 15 - I'm buying it
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #60
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope it's a good sign. I enjoyed Madden 25 overall, it definitely had some negatives but still provided me with an entertaining franchise.

Hopefully, they spent more time tweaking the game then they did trying to figure out some new marketing/selling "element".
Old 06-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #61
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I hope it's a good sign. I enjoyed Madden 25 overall, it definitely had some negatives but still provided me with an entertaining franchise.

Hopefully, they spent more time tweaking the game then they did trying to figure out some new marketing/selling "element".
Madden NFL 25 did have some negatives. Not adding CPU vs. CPU in franchise being the biggest for me personally. However, I was able to find a workaround for that and I enjoyed the Madden NFL 25 expiernce. In addition, I like the Twitter posts, the headlines, and game play. I don't have major gripes in game play as most do. If it's improved, all the better, but I would love to see the game ticker return and I'm glad pre-show and half time shows are making its way in. I'd love to see the weekly recap show make a return as well, but maybe that's kinda what the pre-game show is. Instead of concluding with the Extra Point show, maybe they'll start with it. I guess we'll find out.

So all in all, as long as the game play doesn't take a nose dive and they bring back CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise then I'll be a happy camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #62
Banned

allstardad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197

But in terms of making the game worth buying every year, it doesnt. Even a fair share of people who buy the game every year admit its not worth that, but since its the newest and only NFL game out there.
whats a fair share of the overall sales numbers? Are we basing it solely on this forum? Other gaming forums?

I think that is the biggest misconception on these boards is that just because a portion of the members of this site buy Madden even though its not up to their standards because its the only game in town, doesn't equate to the fact that since a certain percentage of buyers here are buying for that reason that the same percentage applies to the overall number of buyers.

I'm not doubting that there are those who simply buy the game because its the next installment and the only game of NFL football, what I doubt is the number of those people who buy it even though its not up to standards simply because its the only game in town.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #63
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

I hope that silence is a good sign. I don't see any logical reason for the lack of info that we've had. We have seen zero gameplay at all, from any angle, and E3 will most likely be the first time that we'll see game-play of Madden 15. This has never happened, or it hasn't happened in the last decade. When has EA waited until E3 to show any gameplay at all ? There literally is no hypetrain this year. E3 is usually one of the last stops ( for the hypetrain ) since we actually see the game in action. Unless the game isn't going to be playable, but just behind closed doors, and no offscreen video footage allowed, how is EA even going to hype anything if we're going to be bombarded with game-play after game-play video on Youtube the day after ? One thing that makes trailers so valuable is the fact that it's the only thing out, and there usually is no info or game-play for several weeks. That's the reason why everyone is so interested in game-play footage. Why should we even care to watch EA's press conference ( about Madden 15 ) if videos are going to be all over the internet the day after ?

What does EA gain from this strategy ? My thinking, which could be hoping, is that there may be competition and EA wanted the information they put out at E3 to be fresh, not stale, because their competition's return will generate a lot of buzz. EA wants to counteract that Buzz at E3, and the best way to do that is to save all of the info for E3.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
I hope that silence is a good sign. I don't see any logical reason for the lack of info that we've had. We have seen zero gameplay at all, from any angle, and E3 will most likely be the first time that we'll see game-play of Madden 15. This has never happened, or it hasn't happened in the last decade. When has EA waited until E3 to show any gameplay at all ? There literally is no hypetrain this year. E3 is usually one of the last stops ( for the hypetrain ) since we actually see the game in action. Unless the game isn't going to be playable, but just behind closed doors, and no offscreen video footage allowed, how is EA even going to hype anything if we're going to be bombarded with game-play after game-play video on Youtube the day after ? One thing that makes trailers so valuable is the fact that it's the only thing out, and there usually is no info or game-play for several weeks. That's the reason why everyone is so interested in game-play footage. Why should we even care to watch EA's press conference ( about Madden 15 ) if videos are going to be all over the internet the day after ?

What does EA gain from this strategy ? My thinking, which could be hoping, is that there may be competition and EA wanted the information they put out at E3 to be fresh, not stale, because their competition's return will generate a lot of buzz. EA wants to counteract that Buzz at E3, and the best way to do that is to save all of the info for E3.
Even if the exclusive licenses did lapse I don't see anyway a competitor could have a playable game ready by E3.

I attribute the silence to no NCAA football game. Around now is when the NCAA hype train usually gets going and since there's no game there's no hype for it. It would be foolish for EA to hype madden now bc by the time august had we would be sick of hearing about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »