Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
When you have his ear again, can you please ask if they have brought spectate mode (cpu vs cpu) back to CCM? Or made any changes to Coaching Mode?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #58
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

I love this answer lol....

OS: Will we see more jostling for position/hand fighting from the offensive and defensive players on pass plays?

RD: Due to the impact of the overhauled coverage AI, you will see defenders in much better position to make plays on balls. This includes jostling for position and aggressively moving towards the catch point. We definitely have some major plans around WR/DB interaction coming in the near future in addition to the great work that has been done this year.

What he really meant to say in other words, "We can only do so much, basically add one thing each year. WR/DB interaction is something that takes a lot of talent so hopefully we can add it in the future, maybe Madden 2020."

So basically none of this stuff this year.. It's not like this stuff was done in 2004 on older gen consoles??

or this

Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #59
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
So...... Are they bringing back CPU vs CPU for all game modes? More importantly GM mode?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #60
Rookie

Isn't the point of an audible to catch the defense of guard? Then why would you add a delay between audibles? Stupid. Can we at least get a refined game? Madden used to be good. I rember playing it on PS2 and being in awe. No it's just the same every year.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #61
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Isn't the point of an audible to catch the defense of guard? Then why would you add a delay between audibles? Stupid. Can we at least get a refined game? Madden used to be good. I rember playing it on PS2 and being in awe. No it's just the same every year.
It's not a quick count or fake snap. It's meant more to check into something that (they think) is more likely to be the defense. The delay is to prevent all the online players from being able to hot route six receivers, change the protection, and then hot route six more receivers at the snap of a finger. Chances are the delay won't be long enough to make much of a difference. Players will just use the full playclock to make all their moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #62
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
OS: Will we see more jostling for position/hand fighting from the offensive and defensive players on pass plays?

RD: Due to the impact of the overhauled coverage AI, you will see defenders in much better position to make plays on balls. This includes jostling for position and aggressively moving towards the catch point. We definitely have some major plans around WR/DB interaction coming in the near future in addition to the great work that has been done this year.
So still no real hand fighting. What does "aggressively moving towards the catch point" even mean? The DB AI right now goes to high point the ball while the WR will just continue to run his route. The fact that they still have major plans around the WR/DB interaction is a huge red flag to me that it hasn't been overhauled/fixed still.

I appreciate the question asked because it was very specific, I found the answer to be less so. Even with the focus on defense I don't expect to see much change in the way the DB/WR play the ball, just the defense to be "harder" and by relation the DBs to be "better".

Quote:
RD:
New Pre-Play Adjustments - protect the sticks (collapse underneath zones to 1st down marker), adjust coverage technique (gives user control of pass coverage techniques) and contain assignment (DE’s in mush rush to prevent QB from rolling out of pocket) are just a few of the new pre-play adjustments we added this year.

New audible system – This is something our online community has been very vocal about, having a more authentic audible system. There is now a very short delay where the QB physically calls the audible before the user can input another one. This eliminates the problem of offenses putting in multiple rapid fire pre-play adjustments before the defense has the time to respond.
These two are very interesting to me. I love the fact that on 3rd and 4 DBs are no longer going to bail, when my opponent is just running an easy crossing route.

Very happy to hear about the audible system, and have high hopes for it. Maybe no more changing 5 routes, the line protection, set the FB to block and the HB on a swing route in under 5 seconds.

Overall some good and some bad IMO. Nothing that gets me excited though. Still in a wait and see approach.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #63
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
No not at all. The point of an audible is to recognize the defense is in a formation or personnel that is more likely to stop your called play and you counter that by changing the play.

You come out in 3WR 1TE and a RB with a called pass and you see the defense is in Dime with the CBs giving 10 yard cushions you would probably audible to a draw or dive to take advantage of having 6 blockers vs 5 defenders within 7 yards of the LOS.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
We pushed very hard for feature parity between the next-gen version and the Xbox 360/PS3 game.
This is the single most disappointing thing I've heard about this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »