Home

Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation

This is a discussion on Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm sure the commercials will be button smashed after a few times, like highlights are.

Also, sponsors means dollars, huge financial difference.
If you can button mash through them that is. The huge financial gain wouldn't bother me if it wasn't being used to block other nfl games from being made either. Madden 15 is a total bust for me now. I can't even give it a rent without feeding the beast.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #18
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

If you can button mash, it would be great, but if you cant than I will be very disappointed. Why not just keep adding product placement or sponsorships into the game that would benefit the viewers. (add more things like halftime, postgame, studio updates, player highlights or features)
  • Samsung Pre-Game Show
  • Pizza Hut's Delivery of the Game (Show a big throw)
  • Honda's Keys to the Games
  • Doritos Crunch of the Game (Show a big hit)
  • Verizon Halftime Report
  • Direct TV's Studio Update
  • etc....
Old 06-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The one thing I didn't understand or agree with was the idea that Madden 25 had a problem with the outside running game. It was the inside running game that was money. The blocking sliders were bad and inside power runs were basically money plays as you never lost yards and always seemed to gain 3-5 yards a pop. It's a very basic run play that EA made you feel guilty in calling. One review said inside running was tougher - I certainly hope so. The OL/DL blocking was not dynamic at all as the DL never got penetration inside. I hope the blocking sliders are a LOT better too.

WR awareness on the sideline also drove me nuts last year. They just refuse to get two feet in bounds. With the attention given to the WR/CB stuff I hope this was addressed.

Lastly I thought the tackling engine took a step backwards last year (PS3). It was less dynamic and while that removed some of the goofy stuff you would see occassionally I thought it was a move in the wrong direction. Hopefully this is improved this year as well but I've heard nothing about this area so far other than how to tackle and not what it looks like (gang tackles, etc).

Everything sounds good so far but I hope these areas are improved along with franchise mode which was stale last year.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #20
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Seen some solid improvements for online leagues. Are we going to get celebrations/emotion on the online side? Or when you score a huge TD in the SB it goes right to FG like it never happened?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
WR awareness on the sideline also drove me nuts last year. They just refuse to get two feet in bounds. With the attention given to the WR/CB stuff I hope this was addressed.
You know, this makes me also think about all of the animations and out of bounds detection/non-detection issues as well. I wish they'd either fix it so the game registers every catch perfectly OR fixes it so the review system allows for these blatantly bad calls to be overturned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Hmmm.... actually real gameplay footage during halftime with a play by play announcer breaking down the highlights? Is Madden finally trying to surpass NFL2K5 halftime show/presentation. I'm really curious to see how this looks.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #23
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Wind direction is fixed!?

I know this is small but it tells me they are starting to pay attention to detail and clean up the legacy issues!

NICE!
Sweet!!

I know this is considered a "small" fix. But not to me, I think it means a lot more. It means maybe they will actually fix perennial glitches.

The wind arrow has been reverse on XP's and FG's for YEARS!! And each year I would list it in their "glitch thread" and for 3 years, at least, it has gone un-fixed to me, not fixing a simple glitch, represented everything I can't stand about EA and Madden.

So to me, it's a big deal. The stupid wind arrow is fixed, lol.

Hopefully they also fix Winning %. It does not properly factor in ties. It's a simple math formula, yet it has been wrong for 3+ years.

Don't even get me started on playoff seeding...
Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #24
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Why remove the coin toss? How will that even work out?
Guessing the same way just from the selection screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »