Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #73
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Yes this sounds good and all, but to me it just feels like the same stuff we have read before. Like someone posted, it feels like the same article 5+ years and running.

I just look at "the AI will stop you if you try to run the same play over and over" and I realize that was said the last billion years. I mean really. I hope to god this game is some what good, but I can't take the obvious "blow the game up to a make it look great" again this year. It's been too many years of this....... I seriously hope I'm dead wrong. For once with this game I hope most of us are dead wrong.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is this the type of madden game we've all been finally waiting for? Dam you analysis has me pumped for this game.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #75
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
...but he also says that during the play that animations have been greatly improved and look realistic. The animations look the same. Unless he is playing some other build that has nothing in common with the trailers that have been shown, they look the same. If there is some other build where they are actually improved, heaven only knows why they aren't showing that one.

Very exciting additions. I only wish I could believe them.
This is why there are only 4-5 people here that I would put stock in their impressions. James swerving up the sidelines and most of the tackle animations in the phone cam vid give the impression that animations still suck.

And with no details given regarding the adaptive AI, I'm not buying it. Even if it's harder to abuse the CPU, it's the HOW I'm concerned with. And is it just against the CPU, or is it for all CPU controlled players (against another user)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #76
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

And for anyone that knows, with just 2 buttons for all finesse & power moves, does this mean there's still no control over which finesse & power move you use?
Old 06-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #77
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

I don't know if it was the YouTube video, but I noticed some jerky/choppy motions and animations. I think that I witnessed some sliding, as well. I also noticed that the sidelines are pretty much the same as last years, as far as models and reactions. However, I will hold off for more gameplay before I make any more judgements on the sidelines. It is just what I saw in the video.

I can say that it does look better. There is definitely an improvement from last years look. The players look alright and I do like the down marker and the score station at the top of the screen.

Other than that, I cannot say that I am all that impressed with what I have seen...which, admittedly, is not much at all. Honestly, it still looks like Madden to me. Good thing? Bad Thing? A little bit of both right now, I suppose.

I want to stay positive about it until it comes out, or we see a newer build, but it looks like this is pretty much what we will be getting this year. I don't know what build we saw, but there are only a few months left before release. If this is a newer build, I cannot see it being too different from the game play video.

Well, here is to hoping that this year is awesome . I really want it to be.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #78
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
I don't know if it was the YouTube video, but I noticed some jerky/choppy motions and animations. I think that I witnessed some sliding, as well. I also noticed that the sidelines are pretty much the same as last years, as far as models and reactions. However, I will hold off for more gameplay before I make any more judgements on the sidelines. It is just what I saw in the video.

I can say that it does look better. There is definitely an improvement from last years look. The players look alright and I do like the down marker and the score station at the top of the screen.

Other than that, I cannot say that I am all that impressed with what I have seen...which, admittedly, is not much at all. Honestly, it still looks like Madden to me. Good thing? Bad Thing? A little bit of both right now, I suppose.

I want to stay positive about it until it comes out, or we see a newer build, but it looks like this is pretty much what we will be getting this year. I don't know what build we saw, but there are only a few months left before release. If this is a newer build, I cannot see it being too different from the game play video.

Well, here is to hoping that this year is awesome . I really want it to be.
A lot of us share the feeling. We've been through the cycle over the years of getting high promises and bad deliveries. We've had years of hope where we tell ourselves, "well, it's just an early build, don't go nuts about the early video," and so on. And we

just

can't

do it

anymore.

All these legacy issues just drain the fun out of the game, but also, the whole history of bad faith marketing and poor product design and development have drained our ability to have any hope or enthusiasm as football gamers.

We can look at what the current team is doing and credit them with toning down the rhetoric and making better strategic choices on development, moving to sim, etc. And we appreciate it. Seriously. And we're rooting for them.

But each step they take in that direction, however laudable, only highlights how far broken the game has been for so long, from its very foundations.

I find myself really wondering if I can wait, or if I even care anymore. I'm typing this, so I do obviously care. But will the game be fun to play, or more important, replay over and over? When will it be different enough and repaired enough and sim enough to really be a fun, new game?

I dunno.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #79
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
A lot of us share the feeling. We've been through the cycle over the years of getting high promises and bad deliveries. We've had years of hope where we tell ourselves, "well, it's just an early build, don't go nuts about the early video," and so on. And we

just

can't

do it

anymore.

All these legacy issues just drain the fun out of the game, but also, the whole history of bad faith marketing and poor product design and development have drained our ability to have any hope or enthusiasm as football gamers.

We can look at what the current team is doing and credit them with toning down the rhetoric and making better strategic choices on development, moving to sim, etc. And we appreciate it. Seriously. And we're rooting for them.

But each step they take in that direction, however laudable, only highlights how far broken the game has been for so long, from its very foundations.

I find myself really wondering if I can wait, or if I even care anymore. I'm typing this, so I do obviously care. But will the game be fun to play, or more important, replay over and over? When will it be different enough and repaired enough and sim enough to really be a fun, new game?

I dunno.
Thanks for your response.

I part in bold is something that I have been struggling with for quite a while. I want to play Madden year round, not just during the football season. However, I always wind up trading it in after a season. Is that a personal problem? Well, yeah, kind of. However, I, like you and many others here, want to have fun playing the game all year round. I want to feel immersed in a Sunday/Monday/Thursday game every time I play.

I don't know...I don't see it being too much different then the previous year.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #80
Banned

Have they fixed the penalty situation where there we're very few flags we're thrown during the course of a game even with the sliders turned all the way up! Then penalty flags that we're thrown we're always the same and there we're just a few! Nothing like the real NFL. Visuals,seeing is believing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »