Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, I saw a post last night right after the man/zone coverage enhancements were announced that was something like "I really hope they didn't make it impossible to score" or something like that.

Please make it too hard. Please. Too hard is MUCH better than too easy. I would much rather adjust the game to make it easier than have to max out sliders to give the CPU a chance. Scoring a touchdown in the NFL is a big deal.
Yes, it would be nice if we all could appreciate scoring a touchdown! I do like the idea of low scoring games (especially against a good D) and when you finally get one in it feels oh so good! Hopefully sliders work too so you can make it even harder and/or realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #66
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
I appreciate all of the comments guys, and thanks for reading.

As for positive vs. negative feedback, I think I did clearly point out that it still isn't perfect. I mentioned CB/WR interactions in the article and how they remain to be an issue. While the CB's react better now and there is better coverage, the fact remains that the lack of physicality between CB's and WR's is still a very clear issue. I mentioned this in my feedback to the team and that it needs to be addressed moving forward. I believe fixing this issue is a priority and would fix a lot - proper press coverage, pass interference calls, etc.

I think some type of jostle system needs to be implemented. A modifier that allows you as both a CB or WR, to grab jerseys, push your opponent or get better positioning with a risk/reward system, meaning if you do too much of something, it'll result in a PI call. Having this type of system would make playing those positions fun again and would create a more realistic setting with a secondary that wants to play physical.

Either way, my focus here was to talk about the improvements that Madden NFL 15 DID make this year and what I thought of that experience. I had a good time with the game, and I feel like the improvements made do a lot to enhance the experience and that these aren't fluff features. Re-writing zones is a huge deal, so was making the D-Line fun again and making those positions matter after the O-Line was so OP last year. Defense still isn't 100% yet due to the lack of physical action between CB's and WR's, but it is improved and feels much more balanced because of it. I thought I pointed that out, but if I didn't state it clearly, I apologize.

And yes, I still am a Game Changer, and I do visit here daily, but my responses have become less because I've focused heavily on GoodGameBro and making it a success. It honestly takes up all of my time. I do lurk for feedback though, and I do appreciate all of your comments no matter if you agree or disagree with my thoughts.

As we get closer to release, I'll try to get to more of your comments and concerns, because I know it's important to you guys.

Thanks for reading, and we'll have more content soon!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #67
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Awesome reply. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sounds like the DB's will have even more psychic powers. Sounds like they will cheat even more to make plays.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #69
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Everything SOUNDS promising,but as it's been stated anything can sound good,the obvious test will be how it all plays out once the game is released to the masses.

This sounds promising (at least to me)....

Quote:
Saw more penalties being called such as – blocking downfield, late hits out of bounds and roughing the passer were all penalties I saw numerous times that I saw none of last year.
But what I am more surprised about is with the attention being made to the defensive side of things (about time...lol) there was no mention of pass interference anywhere (unless I missed it)

While I hope it's true about the other penalties being called more frequently,I thought for sure this penalty would be called alot as well.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #70
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Everything SOUNDS promising,but as it's been stated anything can sound good,the obvious test will be how it all plays out once the game is released to the masses.

This sounds promising (at least to me)....

But what I am more surprised about is with the attention being made to the defensive side of things (about time...lol) there was no mention of pass interference anywhere (unless I missed it)

While I hope it's true about the other penalties being called more frequently,I thought for sure this penalty would be called alot as well.
You can't have PI is the WR/DB never touch each other downfield...

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #71
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You can't have PI is the WR/DB never touch each other downfield...
you can inside of 5 yards.......lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 28

It's just too hard to get excited for this game. The more you read and see, the more you realize there is just so much missing that it just makes it too hard to enjoy it. Truth be told, I'm going to get back to following baseball and I will probably buy a PS4 next year and play the Show. Seeing the depth and the unreal attention to detail in that game just makes me want to play it. It also makes it a lot harder for me to take Madden seriously. It can't hold my interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »